• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It has been only a week and I have 1800 subscribers!! I made authentic Aztec tortillas (tlahco) to celebrate:

It was really interesting to make. The Mesoamericans did not have any convenient source of oil, so they did without. Had to cook the vegetables very slowly, and then add the turkey meat to stew in the juices. The taste wasn't special, but then again I didn't have all the required spices and had to substitute with boring Dutch ones. Maybe next time :)

Thank you all so much for the kind words and engagement. There will be a mod update tomorrow with mostly bug fixes, but I plan to add content every week from now on!
Now I am hungry again.

1600719835527.png

No update this week because Austria, but I think I have come far enough with the maxlatl textures that I can promise a release for this weekend :)

• 3Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I can also happily report that the Paradox Mods version is once again up to date with Steam!!

FYI: because the next mod patch breaks savegames, I will release it with CK3 patch 1.1 (aka tomorrow). I don't know if the CK3 patch breaks savegames, but I will assume that most people are assuming it does and thus start new games for 1.1 anyway. Of course I'll include the same warning with the actual patch.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Releasing Patch 1.1 for CK3 1.1!

I forgot to write down proper patchnotes; I made a ton of tweaks here and there. The changes include:
1601510551354.png

Implementation of the maxlatl (the loincloth). More textures will be added later, and I'm still going to address how often it is actually worn, but this works for now :)

There's also a quality of life improvement:
1601510617718.png

These effects now give some indication of just how much an action has affected your relationship with Tonalquizayan.

Now, I have also revamped how the invasion is triggered, after feedback that it would not arrive when scheduled. I am unable to diagnose the problem, but I have rewritten the relevant script, and also added a Decision. If you set the Invasion Time to Manual, this decision will be available for any player to trigger whenever they feel the time is right. It will also be visible when starting the game in debug mode; in case you want the invasion to arrive sooner, or if it failed to trigger somehow. In either case, once the invaders have actually arrived, you cannot start a second invasion.

That's all for tonight; hope you have fun playing with it!

• 2Like
Reactions:
steam player here. id love to try this, but i cant get this mod to work. neither from the workshop nor from the plaza.
tried rolling the game back to version 1.1.1 (available versions to select on steam aside from live are 1.0.2, 1.0.3 and 1.1.1). rules dont even show up when i start a game.

steam player here. id love to try this, but i cant get this mod to work. neither from the workshop nor from the plaza.
tried rolling the game back to version 1.1.1 (available versions to select on steam aside from live are 1.0.2, 1.0.3 and 1.1.1). rules dont even show up when i start a game.
If the game rules don't show up then the mod is inactive - the game rules are the simplest things to script and never incompatible with anything. Maybe you have a launcher issue?

While I'm looking into zip, I see there's some ballplayer traits(is it ōllamaliztli?).
Will there be something like medieval FIFA World Cup? Every tributary state have can sent their team for glory but will be all bloody sacrificed if lose...

• 3Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
While I'm looking into zip, I see there's some ballplayer traits(is it ōllamaliztli?).
It is! There's a decision to play the game in your local ballcourt if you know how to play it (you can learn in Anahuac) or if you have good relations with Tonalquizayan.
Will there be something like medieval FIFA World Cup? Every tributary state have can sent their team for glory but will be all bloody sacrificed if lose...
Sounds intriguing... :) If you have any ideas or stories for how this could be set up in a quasi-historic manner (since you made Jade Serpent and all), I'd love to hear about it!

Last edited:
  • 2Love
Reactions:
other mods are working perfectly fine, including ones that add game rules. ive only had the problem with this mod.
Have you got it from Steam or from the Paradox Mod platform? Steam mods have been bugging out for me recently.

I just got six disagrees on my posts in this thread, all from the same person. Guess I got my first hater! Feels like I passed a rite of passage :cool:

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
So if North American horses are still kicking around, do you suppose they'd have camelops as well?
Hmm, wasn't aware of that animal! Maybe I should give the Americans camelops and camelopery instead of cavalry.

And did they have any luck with domesticating bison?
Undecided. I've considered a couple of animals that, in my alt history, were slightly more docile or otherwise human-friendly, thus allowing them to be fully domesticated instead of just tamed or herded. Having peccaries as a pig equivalent is an obvious choice; I'm almost considering using a tapir species instead, just for the sake of variety (though harder with them since they typically only have a single calf every couple of years, unlike pigs which make litters).

But meat animals are easy; wool or milk animals are different. Which of the New World mammals could, with little adaptation, give the Americans a suitable source of fiber (also leading them to develop more advanced machinery to refine and spin it), or milk (giving them another source of calcium and another resource in their economy)? And load-bearing animals especially; the biggest mammals in Mesoamerica were jaguars! Besides them being obligate carnovires, I doubt a creature with that anatomy could pull a cart effectively. But I'm open to suggestions.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hmm, wasn't aware of that animal! Maybe I should give the Americans camelops and camelopery instead of cavalry.
Exoticism aside, the current consensus among evolutionary biologists is that camels were actually originally a New World animal (more specifically from the Great Plains of North America) that managed to spread to Asia & the Middle East through the Bering Strait before dying off in the Americas. You can actually see some evidence of this in the Camilidae family of animals, which is more diverse in the New World (alpacas, llamas, guanacos, etc.) than in the Old World (just camels).

And load-bearing animals especially; the biggest mammals in Mesoamerica were jaguars! Besides them being obligate carnovires, I doubt a creature with that anatomy could pull a cart effectively. But I'm open to suggestions.
As far as draft animals go you actually could just have the horses and/or camels pull double duty. Oxen are of course amazing for pulling plows & such but people made do with the other animals all the time. Perhaps oxen & the like can be hot ticket items with the Cemanahuaca as trade starts getting established?

EDIT
But meat animals are easy; wool or milk animals are different. Which of the New World mammals could, with little adaptation, give the Americans a suitable source of fiber (also leading them to develop more advanced machinery to refine and spin it)
The americas actually already had llamas & alpacas for fiber. Alpaca fleece is actually warmer than sheep wool and smoother to touch. Llamas were more suited for rugs and ropes than clothes, but outerwear wasn't unheard of.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
But meat animals are easy; wool or milk animals are different. Which of the New World mammals could, with little adaptation, give the Americans a suitable source of fiber (also leading them to develop more advanced machinery to refine and spin it)

Apparently there is a tradition of using dog's hair to make fiber, called Chiengora [apparently adding a link to its wikipedia page keeps the forum from posting my message] that was practiced in pre contact North America. I've seen articles that go more indepth than the wikipedia page but Im having trouble finding them again. When I do I can link them here if theres interest.

Edit: the article is saw is more archeological, but utnil I get enough posts to get the forums to think Im not a bot the title of the article is "Study Shows Ancient Americans Bred Dogs for Their Wool" and should be the top result. :/

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: