• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yes of course, which parts are you thinking of incorporating?

I was thinking of incorporating pretty much all the financial/stronghold part of it, and merging most of the buildings with the building system that is currently in the mod :)

I was thinking of incorporating pretty much all the financial/stronghold part of it, and merging most of the buildings with the building system that is currently in the mod :)

yeah thats fine, will probably take you a while to do though, i think this mod is roughly around 120 + new buildings.... Do you have any ideas for new buildings for bishoprics that you would like to see?

yeah thats fine, will probably take you a while to do though, i think this mod is roughly around 120 + new buildings.... Do you have any ideas for new buildings for bishoprics that you would like to see?

You could try with products that friars historically made, like beer, wine, liquors, some peculiar food products, manuscript copies of books, and other church or cultural related buildings, maybe a library, or a seminary, and some basic infrastructure like castles but focused on culture. Those are the first things I'm coming up with :)

You could try with products that friars historically made, like beer, wine, liquors, some peculiar food products, manuscript copies of books, and other church or cultural related buildings, maybe a library, or a seminary, and some basic infrastructure like castles but focused on culture. Those are the first things I'm coming up with :)

yeah i was thinking along those lines.........

Looks really interesting so I will definetly give this a go.
How about increasing the overall city taxation, instead of letting the AI "cheat"?
If you increase the tax percentage and decrease the relation hit, you would achieve what you want, wont you?
You can still build in their holdings too, being direct vassals...

Looks really interesting so I will definetly give this a go.
How about increasing the overall city taxation, instead of letting the AI "cheat"?
If you increase the tax percentage and decrease the relation hit, you would achieve what you want, wont you?
You can still build in their holdings too, being direct vassals...

can you elaborate what you mean? iv just woken up and i cant get my head round what you mean lol

EDIT: atm the AI only gets a bonus on castle tax income.

Instead of trying to get the AI to actually hold on to cities, or let it "cheat" with tax benefits, why not just increase the tax for cities held by a mayor (direct vassal) over the whole board?
Also, you could decrease demesne-limit to compensate for these "held" cities....

Instead of trying to get the AI to actually hold on to cities, or let it "cheat" with tax benefits, why not just increase the tax for cities held by a mayor (direct vassal) over the whole board?
Also, you could decrease demesne-limit to compensate for these "held" cities....

oh i see, i had a look in game and i managed to make it so that burgher tax is increased increased for the AI only.... leading to a more elegant way of helping out the AI, thanks for the suggestion. In the next release i will take away the tax bonus the AI gets from held castles and increase there burgher tax value.

a small idea for the buildings.txt. Wouldn´t it be easier to write just "has_province_modifier = xyz " for the potential instead of the whole province ids. I tested it and it works.

Very interesting stuff. I would like to suggest one idea to keep things somewhat balanced and prevent things from snowballing *too* much: Sieges could have a chance of destroying buildings in the holdings (like rebels supposedly do in vanilla). That way, the more war-prone areas won't be quite as economically developed.

Meanwhile, a place like Venice, which will naturally be involved in much fewer wars due to its non-feudal nature, will be more of an economic powerhouse.

a small idea for the buildings.txt. Wouldn´t it be easier to write just "has_province_modifier = xyz " for the potential instead of the whole province ids. I tested it and it works.

that is already in place in the buildings.txt aswell as the province id's, i like to have the ID's though so i can see what iv put where, it pays to be organised!

Very interesting stuff. I would like to suggest one idea to keep things somewhat balanced and prevent things from snowballing *too* much: Sieges could have a chance of destroying buildings in the holdings (like rebels supposedly do in vanilla). That way, the more war-prone areas won't be quite as economically developed.

Meanwhile, a place like Venice, which will naturally be involved in much fewer wars due to its non-feudal nature, will be more of an economic powerhouse.

yes thats a good idea, I shall look into it.

yes thats a good idea, I shall look into it.

I have a thread just a few spots down that has some of my ideas on the topic. Feel free to borrow.