ST: New Horizons - Announcement
We, the team behind Paradoxical Development Group are very proud to announce the release of our Beta version on steamworkshop.
Star Trek New Horizons is a community-driven project aiming to deliver an exceptional Star Trek game experience. This is a total conversion. Prepare to relive your favorite Episodes and movies, this mod will guide you through the entire canon Star Trek timeline, starting in the year 2150 with ENT era up to the year 2400 and beyond. Explore strange new worlds, meet new civilizations, research the unknown, form a new federation and prepare to fight the upcoming threats to the galaxy.
Current features (NHV 1712):
- Unique static galaxy maps, including several built for low-end PCs and one that re-imagine the classic playing style of Birth of the Federation
- 70+ pre-scripted Star Trek canon races with animated portraits
- Full ship sets for over 20 species, including United Earth, Klingon Empire, Romulan Star Empire, Cardassian Union, The Dominion and Borg Collective
- Pirate and Space-Aliens with generic shipsets
- Playable Borg faction, with a unique story, technologies, components and an assimilation mechanic
- More than 400 unique ship models
- Unique era mechanic including ENT, TOS, TMP and TNG eras for FED, ROM, KDF
- Incremental NCC ship registries for Starfleet vessels.
- New Weapons, Shields, Unique Components, Civilian Modules and special effects
- Hundreds of new events, with nearly 500k written words that make dozens of hours of original narrative
- Numerous new megastructures, including Suliban Helix, Dominion prison asteroids, Borg Unicomplex and the Argus Array
- Custom ship behavior
- Improved AI
- New Tradition system, with the ability to unlock upgradeable Deep Space Stations
- Innovative new ship designer with tons of possible variations
- 500+ Race specific weapons
- 400+ new components
- Entirely new techtree containing more than 1300 technologies
- Many Star Trek anomalies and events
- Complete UI rework, with new UI sub-mods.
- Sounds, Music and Voice-Overs rework, with several new and original tracks
- New policies, allowing you to make decisions on your empire concerning health, education and economy
- New Space-Animations
- 50 +unique planets and terraforming mechanics including gfx for tilesets and planet surfaces
- New city environment graphic for Tholian, Cardassian, Vulcans and Klingons
- Completely overhauled utility system
- 7 unique new ship classes
- Cloneable Jem’Hadar and Vorta for the Dominion
- Federation Council mechanic and the Dominion “The Great Link” and member state mechanic
- Romulan Tal Shiar Committee and Obsidian Order Espionage mechanic
- Federation Story, with the option to form the Federation
- Unique mechanics for Ferengi and Bajorans
- Unique stories for Klingon, Romulans, Tamarian, Cardassian and many others
- Multiple unique Crisis, including Xindi, Alar Jihad, Species 8472 Invasion, Mirror Universe Invasion and many more
- Localisations: English, German, Russian, French and Spanish
New Horizons Wiki
Paradoxical Development Group:
Shaggo, Grinsel, Walshicus, Matix, Janack, Kodiak, Osito, ZoomImpulse and many more contributors
Let us start by saying that this mod has been extensively tested on all windows and linux platforms and it works consistently and reliably on all such platforms. However we realize some new players suffer from issues, especially on how to get the game started for the first time! Let us help.
Please try the following solutions first:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of vanilla and the mod (Currently 1.9.1 and NHV 1712 f9ced3, respectably). 2. Make sure you have disabled all other mods with the exception of the official STNH main mod, the content sub-mod and no more than ONE of our official Star Trek UI mods. 3. Do not try to activate any other mods, even mods that used to work with STNH, up and including UI mods. 4. Do not try to activate more than one Star Trek UI mods. 5. Make sure you have disabled all custom empires – you can do this via vanilla setup if needed. 6. If you are using MAC OS – turn down your graphics setting to a minimum. 7. If you are using more than two graphics cards, deactivate SLI profile. 8. If you are using AMD vega GPU’s or other graphic cards, update your graphics drivers and try to start the game with the -opengl prefix. You can do this via Steam launch options. 9. Make sure you are not trying to play an old save from before a major update. We are currently at Victory is Life version of the mod – older saves will not work.
The list above fixes around 90% of all issues. If issues persist, please do a complete reinstall of the game, taking all the following steps, exactly:
1. From your Steam profile, unsubscribe manually from ALL Stellaris mods. 2. Uninstall the game. 3. Manually delete all three folders related to Stellaris (backup savegames) - \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\ - \Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\281990\ - \Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stellaris\ 4. Reinstall the game and make sure it works, with the correct current version. 5. Install the main mod and the content sub-mod – and NO other mod, at all (up and including UI mods).
If the game still does not run, please contact us at our bug report channel on Discord.