[Mod] ST: New Horizons: A Stellaris Total Conversion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AI doesn't resettle. The new autoresettle feature helps a bit there.

Technically speaking AI can't ever resettle. At best you can write an event that pretends to simulate it (teleports pops and deducts costs. And I don't think you can track the cost from script so it will be a bit off), similarly to the how automatic pop migration mod used to do it for human players.
Does auto-resettle apply to the Borg as well?
I was under the assumption it only works for non-Slave, non-Gestalt Pops (or if Migration Controls are disabled).

Slaves and shackled robots can't auto-resettle, but the normal "free" gestalt drones can. So once pops are assimilated they should be able to move.

Reactions:
Im feeling like a idiot but i must ask: how to rebuild the Flagship? Every Time i lose it (mostly Events) i cant rebuilt it. Yes i built Utopia but it dort let me built a new ship. The NX doesn't Show. Yes i restart the Game in the hope the game "can see" that i dont have a Flagship but no- nothing helps.

Playing United Earth and I'm having a problem with the Xindi probe - my still small fleet engages it and it's doing allright, but after a while it stops following the probe, and eventually it leaves them behind and out of range. I have quit the game and reloaded to see if it was just a glitch, but same thing happened.

EDIT: And again, the same when the Xindi weapon arrived. I solved it in both cases by retreating the fleet, and returned to Sol system in the nick of time to destroy the enemy - but this is clearly not working as intended, is it?

Last edited:
Im feeling like a idiot but i must ask: how to rebuild the Flagship? Every Time i lose it (mostly Events) i cant rebuilt it. Yes i built Utopia but it dort let me built a new ship. The NX doesn't Show. Yes i restart the Game in the hope the game "can see" that i dont have a Flagship but no- nothing helps.
I'm new to the mod, but I'm not getting NX-01 either (playing as United Earth). Shouldn't you have that ship from the get-go? It was launched in 2151 CE after all.

I can't refit NCC-1701 Enterprise and just wanted to check if this is a bug - I've researched Constitution refit technology and have the Excelsior, but I can't refit my NCC-1701 Enterprise flagship (science variety). When I try to refit at Utopia Planetia Shipyards it says "hero_ship_enterprise" flag is off, which I confirmed via debugtooltips. It does have "flag_ship_constitution", "hero_ship", and "sth_expedition_flagship", but no "hero_ship_enterprise".
How can I set this flag to "on"? Will it happen in a coming event, or has something gone wrong? If something has gone wrong, is there a console command I can use to correct it? I've tried decommissioning the ship but then I can't build another Connie Flagship at all, so I don't think that's the way to go.
TIA for your help!

I have a suggestion to improve playablility with the Augment Khanate. As for now you start only with a planet, no ressources, no space station, nothing. It would be wonderful to give the player some start resources including a space station to build science ships, etc. Biggest problem is that all first contact protocols in the galaxy are initiated upon selecting the the Augment Khanate. It really slows the game down to slow-montion... not funny. Please deactivate it or fix the bug. It should be possible to explore the galaxy with them as any other race in the beginning too. Thank you :)

Only the strongest should survive! Hail to the Khan!

EDIT: Btw it is not possible to build any military ships with them as soon as you have a space station... . Frigate technology is researched but not available in the shipyard...

Last edited:
Trying the mod a bit with it's latest build from steam and learning how to play the UFP. Despite the Romulans getting on my nerves i was suddenly in a war with the Cardassians. Well it wasn't that bad at first.
I managed to build a 30k fleet to defend myself and met a Cardassian Fleet with 13k. BOOM all my ships gone and they now belong to the Cardassians. WTF? I mean, that was my reaction shortly before just ragequitting because there's not a single explanation or anything I can look up in a Wiki or something how to prevent that. Just some popup stating the fact and not being of alot of help...What the heck is this?

Hey Guys,
I have a Problem with the second Xindi attack. The game crashes when the attack is repelled. The NX-01, the Seleya and the Kumari and my Fregates are present to encounter the attack. Can somebody help?

2nd Test: I send the Kumari and the Seleya away. It looks like crash is incoming when the Xindi Weapon gets destroyed. Next crash
3rd Test: I send away all ships but Enterprise engaged the Xindi and get destroyed. After that the Xindi get defeated by the Starbase: another crash

Last edited:
I'm going to join the list of people having issues with flagships, I decommissioned and then disbanded my first UFP flagship (NX Enterprise), I'm thinking disbanding was the issue, but on researching Constitution and now Excelsior, I still can't build another flagship at the Utopia Planitia Shipyards. I'm sure this is my fault, but does anyone happen to know what flags I could modify in the save file to regain the ability to build a flagship? I definitely feel like I'm missing out here, sigh.

Alternatively, does anyone know a console command to spawn a flagship (and if that does anything weird with the events?)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm going to join the list of people having issues with flagships, I decommissioned and then disbanded my first UFP flagship (NX Enterprise), I'm thinking disbanding was the issue, but on researching Constitution and now Excelsior, I still can't build another flagship at the Utopia Planitia Shipyards. I'm sure this is my fault, but does anyone happen to know what flags I could modify in the save file to regain the ability to build a flagship? I definitely feel like I'm missing out here, sigh.

Alternatively, does anyone know a console command to spawn a flagship (and if that does anything weird with the events?)
Same. Can't decomission the NX-01 through Utopia Planitia. Delete it manually, get the change to build the Constitution Enterprise, never actually appears. Driving me insane.

I think you can`t rebuild a specific flagship, so once it is lost it is lost. However new flagships should become build-able as time passes.

Trying the mod a bit with it's latest build from steam and learning how to play the UFP. Despite the Romulans getting on my nerves i was suddenly in a war with the Cardassians. Well it wasn't that bad at first.
I managed to build a 30k fleet to defend myself and met a Cardassian Fleet with 13k. BOOM all my ships gone and they now belong to the Cardassians. WTF? I mean, that was my reaction shortly before just ragequitting because there's not a single explanation or anything I can look up in a Wiki or something how to prevent that. Just some popup stating the fact and not being of alot of help...What the heck is this?

EDIT: On second thought perhaps you fell a victim to the new boarding mechanic that should now be more fine-tuned with the new patch. (See patch notes below.)

Last edited:
New patch has just been launched:

STNH Traditions 2.0.1 Patch

Fixes

Boarding:

Fix - Ships will no longer get stuck in a permanent disabled state following boarding
Fix - Bigger Ships will now be much harder to board, including hero ships and flagships
Fix - Ships now need to have suffered damage before they can be boarded
Fix - Fighter and Shuttle crew only available to shuttles and Fighters.
Fix - Lower Decks Uniforms adjusted slightly to fit portraits better.
Fix - Damaged ship Icons aligned properly for Federation and Klingon Ships.
Fix - Cheyenne, Springfield & New Orleans scaled appropriately.
Fix - Observation uplifting event should now work properly when uplifting early space age races.
Fix - A number of missing icons have been added including Intrepid-Type and Odyssey-Class data icons.
Fix - Terran Empire should get a basic number of envoys to start off with
Fix - Data's promotion will no longer change his species to something random
Fix - Borg species numbering disabled for now as its causing a crash or game freeze. Will be re-activated at a later point.
Fix - A number of inappropriate techs have been restricted from the Undine
Fix - Asteroid speed and spawn distances changed to attempt to workaround the vanilla bug.
Fix - Rhode Island Refit hull textures fixed to remove blank sections
Fix - TNG+ Construction vessel replaced with a more appropriate model.

Ships:

Content - TE Decals added to California Class
Content - TE Decals added to Parliament Class
Content - TE Decals added to Odyssey Class
Content - TE Decals added to Federation (Dreadnought) Class
Content - TE Decals added to the Achilles
Content - TE Decals added to Cheyenne Class
Content - Annorax-Class Timeship is now available as a reward for the Krenim Imperium
Content - Xindi Planet Killer Weapon is now available as a reward for the Xindi
Content - Federation Obena-Class ship now available as a tradition unlock for Starfleet.

Content:

Content - Cetacean Ops, Matt & Kimolu now have a location to work on our starships. Cetacean Ops added as T9+ upgrade for the tracking sensors
Content - Cetacean Labs now build-able on Earth or ocean-worlds as a reward for successfully re-introducing Whales via the Voyage Home event.
Content - Players are now given a view of an enemies territory on declaring war, which will allow attacks on previously non surveyed systems without the need for a science ship.
Content - Troop Transports can now land armies on planets when bombarding them.
Content - Beckett Mariner (Lower Decks) added as a hero leader
Content - SamRutherford (Lower Decks) added as a hero leader in engineering
Content - Sonia Gomez added as a hero leader
Content - Julian Bashir can be unlocked from Jupiter Station and has been added to the hero aging mechanic
Content - New traits introduce you to the rare genius level leaders.
Content - Starbases have a small sensor range
in line with Vanilla

Content - GUI update to support Traditions update (Thanks to Ael and Cutter Slade)

Traditions 2.0.1:

Fixes - Issues where Traditions were not appearing or available in the wrong order have been corrected.
Traditions - New icons, backgrounds and graphics added to give an improved look and feel to our tradition trees.
Traditions - All existing traditions have been rewritten to exist as separate branches rather than "swapped traditions" giving more flexibility around what we can offer each species.
Traditions - Each race now has access to at least 7 traditions, with a number of unique traditions added to the major empires.
Traditions - New Espionage Traditions for Section 31, Tal Shiar & Obsidian Order add a number of new espionage options and bonuses. Section 31 tradition unlocks black-ops espionage missions for the Federation
Traditions - New Tier 2 Traditions unlock for the Federation, Klingon, Dominion, Ferengi, Borg, Cardassian & Romulan once you have progressed far enough through the base trees. With Empire specific rewards for completing
Borg - Borg Traditions have been moved to their own branches to avoid any non-borg overlap... Overlap is Futile.
Krenim - Masters of Time Traditions added. Progress through to open the Annorax Class Time ship complete with Planet Killer weapon (DLC required) or a unique bombardment option
Xindi - The Council Tradition added. United the Xindi species and unlock their Planet Destroying weapon (DLC required) or a unique bombardment option.
Will Power Tradition - Strengthen your ability to wage war or push others to follow your way of life.
Terran Empire - A new Terran Empire specific tradition added to support the terrans 'Vengeance' on the Mirror Universe
Dominion - Two new branches for the Dominion that increase the benefits of recruiting empires into the mighty Dominion and culminates in a tribute to the Founders.
Dominion - New Mechanic unlocked via Traditions. The Dominion can cull its lower level leadership and replace them with a better class of leader.

Localisation - Various Localisation fixes, improvements & Translations

Also before this a previous patch was already launched to make the mod 3.1.2 Compatible that included the following things:

STNH - 3.1/3.1.2 Compat Patch

Events - Through the Bajoran Wormhole Expedition Missions
Events - The Mugato mission, inspired by Lower Decks
Events - The "Social"

Content - Observation Mission to invade a warp capable primitive culture
Content - Kayshon when he appeared in STNH... New hero leader joins the roster
Content - Vulcan Hero Soval has had a Vulcan hair cut.
Content - Aurelian Parliaments added as a new new minor species
Content - Chalnoth added as a warp capable species
Content - Pakled's updated in line with Lower Decks... Pakled Planet strong!
Content - New Ship Boarding Mechanic added. Ships with a marine module have a random chance of "boarding" during fight and causing damage to a ship
Content - Ships with a marine module can land troops on a planet surface whilst bombarding
Content - New marine module added for Cardassians, Pakleds, Dominion & Suliban
Content - Unique marine module for Hirogen, Klingons, Romulans & Federation
Content - New troop ships for UFP (Sarajevo, Ptolomy, Sydney & Achilles)
Content - New troop ships for KDF (Gre'thor & Fek'hlr)
Content - New troop ships for Rom (Decius & K'hanakh}

Setup - AI Aggression tuned slightly
Setup - Code Optimisation - A number of triggers improved to reduce un-needed event spam
Setup - Tech Slowdown mode (Beta) now changes with the era you are in.

Fix - Additional limits added to the Challenge mode ship bonus to avoid the AI ending up with huge fleets that appear after a war.
Fix - UFP Member Treaties should be cancelled on joining the Federation
Fix - Grazerite missing outfit fixed.
Fix - Species Rights for slavers fixed
Fix - Pralor Graphical Culture fixed on start
Fix - Scout senor range has been toned down significantly
Fix - Mylecial Reactor locked down to the Charon only.
Fix - Tech Slowdown Modifier - Now adjusts based on era
Fix - Districts Reverted back to previous style
Fix - First Contact new options presented when alien race contacts player
Fix - First Contact Options for Warp Prims
Fix - First Contact Pop up not appearing for minor countries
Fix - Xindi Spawn during UE Xindi Crisis has been optimised & so shouldn’t CTD on largest maps
Fix - Fix event limitations on the Gomtuu events
Fix - Romulan D'Kanazk Class Textures improved
Fix - Non human formed UFP games can now make the weapon choice events work
Fix - Alpha Hunters now correctly produce Admin Cap.
Fix - Heroic leaders will no longer have the possibility of having multiple hero traits, which causes uniform issues.
Fix - A strange bug with the USS Glenn which prevented the completion of its special project.
Fix - Limit added to the Constitution Class Flagship to avoid building it multiple times
Fix - Hero & Legend ships build triggers updated to use "allow" so that players can see what is needed to build them. N.b They will still only appear when the tech has been researched
Fix - New modifier added to fix issue with Jupiter Station providing bonus to wrong country
Fix - Tier 10/11 class star ships are now manually retireable via the Museum
Fix - Borg can no longer have pleasure planets
Fix - Borg First Contact appearing without any options to select.
Fix - Ambassador Class Naval Shipyard Fix
Fix - Hazari Borg Portraits
Fix - Pakled Female hair

Ships - Yorktown Model replaced with new model (Thanks to Ael!)
Ships - Military Constitution Class Flagship is now available at a more appropriate Tech level.
Ships - The NX Class hull variants are now more appropriately named and aligned.
Ships - The Crossfield and Federation Classes no longer support heavy spinal mounts, and use heavy weapons instead
Ships - Lakota Class is now buildable earlier in the tech tree, as a result the Constitution Refit has been moved forward. The Enterprise-B is now available only when the Lakota Refit is available.
Ships - Lexington Class Refit now available to build for Starfleet

3.1/3.1.2 Compat

3.1 - Traditions Updated to use new vanilla mechanic
3.1 - New Subterfuge & Mercantile traditions made available (Trek Localisation an ongoing process)
3.1 - New Vanilla events disabled to prevent random blank pop-ups
3.1 - New variable system integrated into STNH code.
3.1 - Espionage changes to align with vanilla
3.1 - Minor AI changes added in line with Vanilla
3.1 - UI - Basic UI compatibility added to avoid CTD
3.1 - Localisation Updated
3.1 - New UI to allow the use of more than the standard 7 traditions, which will allow us to continue to expand traditions as we go! (Credit - Ael)
3.1 - Countless Ship icons added as part of the Vanilla changes to ship icons!

Traditions:

New Espionage Traditions for Section 31, Tal Shiar & Obsidian Order
New Tier 2 Traditions unlock for the Federation, Klingon, Dominion, Ferengi, Borg, Cardassian & Romulan once you have progressed far enough through the base trees. (thanks to the Beta team for their input)
New Reward - Watchtower Class Megastructure added on competition of Fed Tier 2 tree - based on the Vanguard Station from the novels.
New Reward - New mechanic for Klingon ships to gain unity and influence for the empire when defeating rivals
New Reward - Ferengi can bribe other nations for intel
New Reward - Advanced cloaking device for the Romulan's who have a Tal Shiar or Zhat Vash leader at the helm
New Reward - Defeated Borg ships may now provide a small bonus on destruction.

Last edited:
WWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just started a Borg Game and there are no City-districts available for me - that leads to the destruction of some buildings. Am I the only one?
Unbenannt1.JPG

• 2Like
Reactions:
Just started a Borg Game and there are no City-districts available for me - that leads to the destruction of some buildings. Am I the only one?View attachment 767290

No. I don`t think you are. As far as I know there should be a a hotfix coming soon to this issue. And on the mod´s discord there are also manual instructions on how to fix that problem (in the bugs_form section).

Last edited:
Reactions:
I think you can`t rebuild a specific flagship, so once it is lost it is lost. However new flagships should become build-able as time passes.

EDIT: On second thought perhaps you fell a victim to the new boarding mechanic that should now be more fine-tuned with the new patch. (See patch notes below.)

Thanks for the Info. I ran into other quite annoying issues.
Its Coalition pingpong, as I call it. This has been there as far as I remember but it is quite...uh.
So, you start to form a coalition with the founding members. Then, for example, the vulcans quit when you let the tellarites join. Then you send your explorers out even further. Other races appear. And join your coalition. The Andorians quit because they don't like whomever and you're stuck more or less. You can leave the coalition but then you got another coalition next to you and so on and so on...this is quite annoying.
I don't see any way around that other than forming the federation ASAP while not really exploring which kinda beats the purpose...Any hints on that one?

Thanks for the Info. I ran into other quite annoying issues.
Its Coalition pingpong, as I call it. This has been there as far as I remember but it is quite...uh.
So, you start to form a coalition with the founding members. Then, for example, the vulcans quit when you let the tellarites join. Then you send your explorers out even further. Other races appear. And join your coalition. The Andorians quit because they don't like whomever and you're stuck more or less. You can leave the coalition but then you got another coalition next to you and so on and so on...this is quite annoying.
I don't see any way around that other than forming the federation ASAP while not really exploring which kinda beats the purpose...Any hints on that one?

Don´t really have a good answer to this sorry. As usually when I have played as the humans have just tried to get good relations/coalition formed with the Vulcans/Tellarites/Andorians if I can and then do the Babel conference and go heavily on the route of "we are stronger as united" so the Federation formation route. Personally most of my coalition problems have been about for example that the Andorians don`t want to join or are not allowed to join because the Vulcans/Tellarites are already in the coalition and they don´t like each other. (Those species names just examples in the last sentence as don`t really remember anymore who disliked who when I last faced that situation.)