[Mod] ST: New Horizons: A Stellaris Total Conversion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I got the mod to work. Need to roll back. As @nyxAbussos said. Use version 3.0.2. :)

Reactions:
3.0.3 Compatible Update released!

3.0.3 - Compat added.

Performance - Numerous behind the scenes performance improvements made to speed game speed.
Starting Conditions - New Start condition that makes all primitive and minor species "static" which should further improve late game performance for lower end rigs.
Fix - Random maps should once again work as expected.
Fix - Fallen Empires capitals should now form correctly to prevent them falling to civil war.
Fix - Cardassian Weapons Platform section bug.
Fix - Undine story campaign can now be played on regualr and medium Milky Way maps
Fix - Terran Empire starting fleets restored
Fix - A number of missing components, such as Romulan Cloaks and Terran Agoniser consoles restored.
Fix - TE Yorktown class decals repainted, original painters have been suitably tortured.
Fix - Science Institutes fixed for Dominion and Romulans.
Fix - The Android Event Trigger.
Fix - Spy network set up message is now appropriate for generic espionage.
Fix - New trigger added for Xindi probe to stop rare occurances of it firing when defeated.
Fix - Regular One retexure
Fix - Borg Army mechanics should work now.
Fix - Various missing Tech unlock descriptions added into localisation
Fix - Fighter sections updated to allow more options
Fix - Leader retirement options fixed for Archer
Fix - Undine districts have been revamped.
Fix - Borg Fluidic Invasion fleet is no longer quite so monsterous.
Fix - Borg Unicomplex Fixes
Content - New unqiue Undine Traditions
Content - New Borg espionage mechanics
Content - New Undine espionage mechanics.
Content - The Barzan Wormhole is now open to countries that have the Barzans as Warp Primitives
Content - Capellans have been reworked and come with a new mission based on TOS Friday's Child
Content - Undine Gomtuu prequel story.
Content - New Caretaker event endgame, reworked using Undine updates.
Localisation - Updated for 3.0.3 & includes fixes and translations.

We also recognise the Undine required a few fixes, to bring their Fluidic butts in line with the rest of our STNH galaxy...

Bug Fixes
Fix - Several Undine buildings not being able to be built on conquered worlds
Fix - the Undine Artisan Job to produce amenities now.
Fix - The Hive Brood Arena now produces 15 amenities instead of 15 supplies to match its category its in.
Fix - the Undine Capital buildings from swapping on certain worlds that it was not before
Fix - Removed the 10% Growth bonus on the Undine Capital world since the Undine do not use normal organic growth.
Fix - the Hive Districts, not showing up on non bio worlds, this is incase you conquer the Hirogen which use habitats
Fix - Blocked Commercial Districts from showing up on Undine Empire planets like Habitats
Fix - that Admin District Improvement Techs not applying to the Psi Commune Districts and now they do.
Fix - Fixed the Undine Artisan job not generating amenities
Fix - the ability for the Undine to use auto pop migration
Fix - Made it possible for the Undine to terraform Assimilated Worlds
Fix - to where if a species is Livestock under the Undine, the pop is not consumed
Fix - Construction ships being deleted at the start for the Undine
Fix - Finally fixed the Intrepid-Type retirement options at Naval museum
Fix - power consumption of all planet killer weapons so you can actually put them on the ship
Fix - Added upgrade to pathway for the Bio Module II

Undine Balance
Balance - The Organic Holding Pens can now only be built 1 per planet but can be enhanced by the expansion tradition swap to give your livestock habitability on the bio worlds. This building can also only be built on the Bio World class. It also reduces crime by 50% on the planet. Upkeep increased to 5 energy
Balance - Increased planet size base of all randomly spawned Bio worlds to be 25, this is to help the Undine due to their limit planet count in Fluidic Space
Balance - Updated all the initializer planets for Undine that are spawned normally to be size 25
Balance - Increased the Naval cost of all Undine ships
Balance - Doubled the Alloy upkeep of all Undine ships
Balance - Since pops are critical in the game, increased the output of resources for the Undine per pop consumed
Balance - Reduced Bio Hull Armor bonus by 25%
Balance - Made some components not show up for the Undine because it does not fit their ships

It probably depends on the player experience level with the mod, chosen empire and AI difficulty level selected, but at least haven`t personally seen many complaints so far. :)
Should've specified.
Compared to vanilla, on Ensign? (Does it regularly death spiral, etc?)

Also: Are you still working together with @slv (creator of StarNet)? I know he has contributed to STNH, does he still?

Also: Are you still working together with @slv (creator of StarNet)? I know he has contributed to STNH, does he still?
I haven't contibured in a while, but the economy wasn't changed much since I stopped (STNH doesn't use vanilla district/building separation that was changed in 3.0).

Reactions:
Also while I wasn't asked, I can probably answer your other question too.

I think if a completely new player plays a game of vanilla and a game of stnh, the stnh ai will feel a lot stronger. It doesn't death spiral too often (last time I checked, it doesn't death spiral EVER) , keeps increasing its science production, has steady expansion, colonises quickly and builds up a sizable alloy income and fleet.

Now if you want to compare it with starnet or other AI mods, stnh ai isn't that great in comparison. Most experienced players will probably outscale it on low difficulties (so it's a good idea to increase the difficulty if you play with AI mods in vanilla).

Note that stnh is intentionally imbalanced, so if a player plays a United Federation it will have much easier time than if it plays a minor empire in a middle of nowhere, so if you want to play a major I still feel like grand admiral is a better choice (even if you aren't a veteran).

Reactions:
Also while I wasn't asked, I can probably answer your other question too.

I think if a completely new player plays a game of vanilla and a game of stnh, the stnh ai will feel a lot stronger. It doesn't death spiral too often (last time I checked, it doesn't death spiral EVER) , keeps increasing its science production, has steady expansion, colonises quickly and builds up a sizable alloy income and fleet.

Now if you want to compare it with starnet or other AI mods, stnh ai isn't that great in comparison. Most experienced players will probably outscale it on low difficulties (so it's a good idea to increase the difficulty if you play with AI mods in vanilla).

Note that stnh is intentionally imbalanced, so if a player plays a United Federation it will have much easier time than if it plays a minor empire in a middle of nowhere, so if you want to play a major I still feel like grand admiral is a better choice (even if you aren't a veteran).
That is good to hear.
While I am no veteran (I joined the fray with 1.9, but was turned off oftentimes due to bad AI), I am contend with functioning AI, which can't be said for vanilla.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Hi all.

I'm playing this amazing mod as The Borg, and I've hit a little snag so any help would be much appreciated please.

I'm quite far into my campaign now and I've just won a civil war, but it's left two of my Subcomplexes empty, well they aren't empty as such because I can see that there are Borg still on them although I assume they are rebel Borg left over from the war.

I know we can't colonize planets but these are my own Borg installations that I built myself and although the colonize button is lit up I can't work out how to recolonize them again, I've also tried assimilating the rebel Borg that are currently on them but the game won't let me do that either all it will do is let my fleets enter orbit around them but not attack the units on them.

I only have three subcomplexes in this system and now with two being unpopulated I'm wondering if.... I'm not allowed to recolonize the two empty subcomplexes can I just empty the third one of my Borg and then all three complexes will disappear like the colonies on planets do when you empty those and then I can rebuild the entire complex again from scratch?

Hi all.

I'm playing this amazing mod as The Borg, and I've hit a little snag so any help would be much appreciated please.

I'm quite far into my campaign now and I've just won a civil war, but it's left two of my Subcomplexes empty, well they aren't empty as such because I can see that there are Borg still on them although I assume they are rebel Borg left over from the war.

I know we can't colonize planets but these are my own Borg installations that I built myself and although the colonize button is lit up I can't work out how to recolonize them again, I've also tried assimilating the rebel Borg that are currently on them but the game won't let me do that either all it will do is let my fleets enter orbit around them but not attack the units on them.

I only have three subcomplexes in this system and now with two being unpopulated I'm wondering if.... I'm not allowed to recolonize the two empty subcomplexes can I just empty the third one of my Borg and then all three complexes will disappear like the colonies on planets do when you empty those and then I can rebuild the entire complex again from scratch?
I'm very interested to know the answer to this too.
To make sure I understand, like, can you invade them with troops?

Hi all. Total noob question and apologies if asked before. I don't have Stellaris and really only want to buy it because of this mod. I loved Birth of the Federation and this seems a spiritual successor. So can or should I play this mod without playing the base game? Are there online tutorials etc (I know how complex paradox games are)? Also, do I need any of the DLCs if I only intend to play the mod? Thanks.

Hi all. Total noob question and apologies if asked before. I don't have Stellaris and really only want to buy it because of this mod. I loved Birth of the Federation and this seems a spiritual successor. So can or should I play this mod without playing the base game? Are there online tutorials etc (I know how complex paradox games are)? Also, do I need any of the DLCs if I only intend to play the mod? Thanks.
You should play at least one vanilla game to get a grip of how the game works, or alternatively watch YouTube videos on how the economy works and compare that to the mod. It's not too drastically different.
No DLCs are needed or required, but having them yields you some bonus, such as the Ferengi being MegaCorps if you have MegaCorp DLC, Pralor being in the game if you have Synthetic Dawn, etc.

You should play at least one vanilla game to get a grip of how the game works, or alternatively watch YouTube videos on how the economy works and compare that to the mod. It's not too drastically different.
No DLCs are needed or required, but having them yields you some bonus, such as the Ferengi being MegaCorps if you have MegaCorp DLC, Pralor being in the game if you have Synthetic Dawn, etc.
Thanks

So...sorry if Im such a major noob, but I cant seem to find any of the 3.x versions on paradox site?I have searched st new horizon, st nh etc but all I get are 2.8 version and when loading them in dowser it wont start in game.
Is there a special searchword?or am I just that blind that I dont see the download here in the thread?
I use dowsers built in browse more mods.
Thank you for any help :)

Another question (perhaps @slv can answer as well, if he likes to and knows): does the AI resettle in STNH? In vanilla it doesn't.
That might be most important for the Borg (resettling Pops from planets to their Unicomplexes).
AI doesn't resettle. The new autoresettle feature helps a bit there.

Technically speaking AI can't ever resettle. At best you can write an event that pretends to simulate it (teleports pops and deducts costs. And I don't think you can track the cost from script so it will be a bit off), similarly to the how automatic pop migration mod used to do it for human players.

Reactions: