[Mod] ST: New Horizons: A Stellaris Total Conversion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pleased to announce today's Steam update with a host of new content, fixed content and bug/performance updates

Patch Notes 14/11/2020

Content and Bug Fix update

Ships - Vaadwaur Ship set added to the game
Ships - Cheyenne Class Explorer added to the Federation roster
Ships - New Bajoran Interceptor returns to for fans of those who walk with the prophets.
Ships - New ship section for the Constitution Class ships for fans of the "Discoprise"
Ships - New custom shipset for the Kzinti
Ships - Hirogen Battlecrusier and Frigate added to the Hirgoen roster
Balance - Ascension Perk 'One Vision' has been reduced to 50% ethic attraction but gains Greater than Ourselves edict feature.
Content - Pacifican/Selkie added as a Warp Capable Race
Fix - Borg start game broken portraits
Fix - T'Pol, Gral & Talas cruisers are now available via Utopia Planitia earlier.
Fix - Enterprise-E is now a Sovereign class, rather than a Galaxy
Fix - Refit NX now has a wing of shuttlepods included
Fix - Memory Alpha tech no longer blocks improved labs research
Fix - Large spelling and grammar fixes across the board
Fix - Metal Extraction technology restricted to Borg only as intended
Fix - Defunct kelpien observation station mission removed as event is activated via comms screen
Fix - Great houses no longer have the Pre-warp pop up occurring
Fix - Vidiian portraits now adjust correctly to non Phage versions when Vidiians research phage cure
Fix - Second T'Pol, Gral & Talas constructions no longer lock up Utopia Planitia
Fix - Klingon Houses ships should no longer hang around the shipyard drinking bloodwine
Fix - Klingon Houses have a better impact on performance in late game
Fix - Hutet / Keldon are no longer pretending to be each other
Fix - Romulan and Federation Empire Select Screen and Save Game Screen Uniforms
Fix - Missing and incorrect data icons for certain ships now fixed
Fix - Planetview army icons
Fix - Gomtuu pirate battle fix, event should now continue if you decide to betray poor Gomtuu.
Fix - Demons now gives a long time to complete a number of projects
Fix - Babel One has been moved back a year to avoid clashing with other stories.
Fix - La Sirena and Juggernaught should no longer appear on the ship build menu if not available.
Fix - Terran leaders now have correct portraits
Fix - Bug in the multiplayer GUI screen

Localisation - vast amounts of new translations, fixes and improvements!

Thanks everyone for the bug reports and suggestions so far!

Question deleted.

Last edited:
Without any defensive upgrades, the Sol starbase destroyed the Xindi weapon on it's own? Even pulling the reinforcements and Enterprise back, the station did it all alone.
Just RNG luck? or does this happen to everyone? Maybe the weapon needs to ignore the base and go straight for Earth like the probe does?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Pleased to announce the 2.8.1 Compatibility Patch
NHV 2011 ST Picard Expansion - (8603516)

Content - Starship Name List update (thanks to Ael)
Content - Added new abduction bombardment stance for hunters/Vidiians/Hur'Q
Content - Federation Class Heavy Explorer added for Terrans & UFP
Content - Updates to Talaxian and Vaadwaur ship

GFX - Minor icons update

Fix - Terra Prime special project timeout workaround & fix for CTD
Fix - Second Contact mixed up results have now been corrected.
Fix - Agrarian Idyll fix for jobs using this civic
Fix - Fix for Borg sometimes starting without proper drone hive districts
Fix - Fallen empires declaring war before awakening
Fix - Non organic countries will no longer receive food deficit modifier.
Fix - Fix for Borg sometimes starting without proper drone hive districts
Fix - Duplicate Discovery created by Disco chain
Fix - relaxed some of the triggers for the ships available at Utopia to allow more freedom on when they can be built.
Fix - You can now retire the Federation Member world ships via the Naval museum
Fix - Fallen empires declaring war before awakening
Fix - Removed the food deficit modifier from the Borg, Undine & Robotic races
Fix - Vaadwaur hull shine reduced
Fix - Nova Class Science ship now has correct number of slots
Fix - Food deficit modifier should now reduce pop growth for bio pops
Fix - Borg Fallen Empire harassment fixed
Fix - Terran empire now have correct access to all new Starfleet designs (decals pending)
Fix - Issue where Federation council mission is not available to research
Fix - Various ships now appear correctly in Ship designer window
Fix - a number of small QoL Borg fixes
Fix - Children of Mars & Pic S1 fixes
Fix - Utopia Planitia doesn't fire when completing Mars chain

Localisation - various fixes, translations and updates

So, I'm getting a persistent CTD in 2213. I'm running a few mods with STNH, which I'm sure is the cause, but I was wondering if anyone could help me interpret the error log so I can figure out the cause of the crash before starting a new game. The last lines are:

[09:38:54][building.cpp:41]: Failed to read key reference building_bureaucratic_1 from database file: save games/unitedearth4_-956540326/Z2.sav/gamestate line: 5056693
[09:38:54][archaeological_site.cpp:226]: Failed to read key reference from database file: save games/unitedearth4_-956540326/Z2.sav/gamestate line: 5057629
[09:39:44][federation_type_database.cpp:275]: No available federation type found!

Since these are the last entries in the log, I assume one of those (presumably the federation type) is the cause of the crash. The bureaucratic building error is thel last of a string of such errors, and tied to a STNH submod I can easily ditch for a future game. The archeology and federation errors have me stumped. No mod I'm using (other than STNH) has anything to do with dig sites or federations. I also do not have any major DLC, just a few of the ship sets, so could the problem be the federations DLC is needed? Any input on whether I'm correctly understanding the last entry in the log is the likely cause, or thoughts on what federation type may refer to, would be appreciated.

Attachments

• error.log
    387 bytes · Views: 0
The Rogue AI ships (Control events) have the missing models cube underneath them.

20201213192338_1.jpg

This event seems wrong.
20201216232132_1.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone help with the Terran Empire? I loaded up and I am short on food and a dozen other resources I apparently need?

Just started a first game with this mod as the United Earth yesterday, and am liking it so far. It's definitely rich in Star Trek lore, though a lot of things are confusing coming from vanilla.
I am not entirely sure why the color scheme for some of the districts was thrown around (cities are now red, minerals orange, administration blue), it keeps throwing me off. :) Ship designer is another thing I raised an eyebrow at initially, but I think I figured that out now, and actually kinda like it.
Also, everything is (or seems at least) a lot slower, which is actually nice and feels more realistic: surveying takes a lot of time in the beginning, as does moving around.

Some struggles I had so far:
  • Lack of influence to grab systems: both Tellarites and Vulcans hemmed me in pretty quickly, while I was waiting for my influence to oh so slowly tick up. I didn't see a way to increase it either, I had no viable empires around to rival. Small bug I noticed: when they beat you to a system, your influence (for the starbase construction) is not refunded, which really left me gnashing my teeth as I had to wait all over again to watch it tick up with nothing to show for it (no idea whether this is the mod though, might be a thing in vanilla as well).
  • Massively being over the admin cap: when the Federation formed my empire sprawl went through the roof. Some help here on how I am supposed to counter it would be helpful. I could not find a building that would increase admin cap, and the admin district only seems to increase the "crew" resource?
  • Lack of luxuries: is what I am currently dealing with. Again, I don't immediately see where I could gain more? I vaguely remember researching some "jewelry" building, but I can't find it anywhere.
  • Lack of hyperlanes: I am so used to them from vanilla now, I can't decide where to build my starbases now. I agree they wouldn't make much sense in the ST universe though, so I can live with it.
Other questions:

When the Federation formed, the Vulcan, Tellarites and Andorians turned into one planet sectors, but why isn't the sector simply the territory that they had when it formed? Is there a technical reason for that?
Other than that, I also had a message pop up to check my fleet cap because I might have gotten over it due to forming one empire with the other 3, but I actually got none of their fleets. I got their science and construction ships, yes, but none of their military ships. Well, actually, I did get the ships that helped me defeat the Xindi weapon (which had just sat in my home system until then), but they are not upgradeable and the Seleya glitched, I think. It almost looks like there's 2 of them since I could add it to the fleet, but then it doesn't show up in the actual fleet view and there is an allied (blue) Seleya ship sitting in my home system. Actually might have something to do that I assigned one of my admirals to it when I was in control of them during the Xindi attack, after which I lost control with my admiral still assigned to it (I was able to re-assign her through the leader screen though).

Sorry for the slightly rambly post, wanted to pen down my experience and questions. I do like the mod a lot, and it's obvious a lot of love went into it.

Some struggles I had so far:
  • Lack of influence to grab systems: both Tellarites and Vulcans hemmed me in pretty quickly, while I was waiting for my influence to oh so slowly tick up. I didn't see a way to increase it either, I had no viable empires around to rival. Small bug I noticed: when they beat you to a system, your influence (for the starbase construction) is not refunded, which really left me gnashing my teeth as I had to wait all over again to watch it tick up with nothing to show for it (no idea whether this is the mod though, might be a thing in vanilla as well).
  • Massively being over the admin cap: when the Federation formed my empire sprawl went through the roof. Some help here on how I am supposed to counter it would be helpful. I could not find a building that would increase admin cap, and the admin district only seems to increase the "crew" resource?
  • Lack of luxuries: is what I am currently dealing with. Again, I don't immediately see where I could gain more? I vaguely remember researching some "jewelry" building, but I can't find it anywhere.
  • Lack of hyperlanes: I am so used to them from vanilla now, I can't decide where to build my starbases now. I agree they wouldn't make much sense in the ST universe though, so I can live with it.

Based on my own playing, here's what limited advice I can provide:
1) Be careful with accepting diplomatic agreements. All your neighbors as United Earth want to do all the diplomatic agreements in the world. If you agree to all of them, your influence income goes nearly flat. (personally, I think United Earth & UFP should either have a bonus to influence or a discount on the influence cost of agreements, particularly federations)

2) Yeah, admin cap is a problem in this mod in a way it just isn't in vanilla. There are no bureaucrats. All you are left with is technology and traditions that increase admin cap. It's typical that you are way over when first forming the UFP since you expand so massively. I think I spent the next ~50 years building my admin cap back up to no longer be over. I do wish we had slightly more control over this, but at the same time the mechanic as it is pretty effectively limits empire sizes to something that feels more or less correct to the setting, so I dunno.

3) This tripped me up as well! Not every planet has access to the luxury building, they have to have the correct resource for it. So check your planets and see if one of them can build it. Thankfully you don't need that many, the one or two buildings you can get suffice for a long while.

4) So the game "hides" them, but from what I can tell the hyperlanes are actually still there, although there are more of them that "standard" Stellaris such that a ship in a star system can *usually* travel directly to any "neighboring" star system. But there is very much a limit to the path a ship can take: You can test this by having a ship go from one star system to a somewhat distant one. You'll see it doesn't go "straight" there, it hops from system to system on its way. In terms of defensive star bases, that usually means that if you put your starbase in a vaguely logical position (in a star system in the general area of interest) it will won't function as a perfect choke point, but will still assert some control over the area. That being said, starbases function best as the logistical supply chain (i.e repair and docking facility) for your fleets so you can park your fleets and spread them out a bit to be available as response forces. It's my general experience that doom stacks are much less of a problem compared to vanilla, so smaller fleets are useful in this regard.

I've been trying to get this mod to work on my GOG installation of Stellaris. I downloaded the mod, added it to my folder and renamed the descriptor.mod file in the /mod folder. The mod shows up on the menu, and seems compatible with 2.8.1.

However, when I run the game, it plays the base game. Strangely enough, the UI mod works fine, but the game itself is still the base game.

EDIT: I figured it out. IN case anyone else runs into this problem, click the Reload Mods button and clear cache / etc. This will ( hopefully ) fix the problem.

Last edited:
Hello, I have a problem. Since the new patch im unable to play the game. Ive unsubscribed and resubscribed several times. Stellaris the original game works fine. But even though I have ST New Horizons checked it loads stellaris the regular game. Ive also uninstalled the whole game. Reinstalled and subscribed to Horizons. It will just start stellaris still as if i dont have the mod. Thanks!

Hello, I have a problem. Since the new patch im unable to play the game. Ive unsubscribed and resubscribed several times. Stellaris the original game works fine. But even though I have ST New Horizons checked it loads stellaris the regular game. Ive also uninstalled the whole game. Reinstalled and subscribed to Horizons. It will just start stellaris still as if i dont have the mod. Thanks!

Do you have it enabled in your playset?

Description
Out of sync [3.0.2][8cc5]

Game Version
[3.0.2][8cc5]

What version do you use?

Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
All disabled

Do you have mods enabled?
Star Trek New horizons Scorpio Expansion e4057e

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
We have started to play with 3 people in multiplayer over Internet and OOS right after I hitted start (minimal planets 500, Green 25% Empires selected.

The 3rd player couldnt do anything, the 2nd player could move his ships, but movement got sometimes reseted/cancelled without any human player interaction. After the 3rd player leaving the game the 2nd player could move within borders, but moving out of borders were still causing to cancel the order

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Tried on every planet size and empire size, this was the minimal possible selection and tried to click - before starting the game to start the game with slowest speed right at start. Did not helped at all.

Could You please suggest a solution or point me to another forum where I have better luck solving this issue?

Attachments

• stellaris_st.PNG
    stellaris_st.PNG
    1,7 MB · Views: 0