[Mod] ST: New Horizons: A Stellaris Total Conversion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, the Ferengi. Should they actually expand ? It has been my impression that they never bothered much with colonizing.
I think that they would expand through colonisation (and buying planets ;)), but would very rarely start any wars to get new territory. Except for one case: They could profit extremely from it :D

Reactions:
Yesterday I downloaded your mod and tinkered with it a couple of hours (damn work keeps me from raising the Romulan Eagle where it deserves to fly).
I have to give you all credit for an awesome work born of love and dedication. And of highest quality too.
You're amazing !
I can't wait for the next versions.

Reactions:
Could you increase the amount of core worlds. I tried to edit the defines.lua myself but because it comes from the workshop (I guess) I couldn't change it.

Excellent work on this mod. Just some quick feedback as I have to get back to work lunch almost over......

1. I like the feel of playing against the trek races, the game almost has that birth of the federation feel to it but better. Trek races even while not fully done feel better than the stock races. As a player you know them from the movies and TV shows and that makes it fun.

2. The close starting positions make it a bit of a challenge and I feel closed in which is good and it makes it more fun. I would suggest to make slightly more room between the starting empires though. As the humans the Vulcans are right in your face!

3. Diplomatic relations don't really work well probably because the base game is designed that way. Border friction means it is hard to get any deals even as a human with the friendly vulcans. Forget about founding the federation via diplomacy. (Hint: that would be a good event chain to add one day!)

4. Would like to see a bit more resources around planets and stars, some systems seem kind of empty considering all the planets in them. No point in building a mining station just to mine one mineral or one energy credit. Might want to make the minimum spawn number 2 to make it worthwhile. The base game has this same issue as well.

5. Spaceports seem very weak, weaker than the base game. PS, would love to see spaceports we could edit and design ourselves adding our own weapons, shields etc.

What other plans do you guys have to add any new features?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Could you increase the amount of core worlds. I tried to edit the defines.lua myself but because it comes from the workshop (I guess) I couldn't change it.
you can extract the downloaded archive from steam into your mod folder and create a .mod file to get it working. when you do that it should be no problem to change the lua file. we will definitely consider increasing the amount of core systems but we like to link it to new governments, so this will take some time to get done.

3. Diplomatic relations don't really work well probably because the base game is designed that way. Border friction meams it is hard to get any deals even as a human with the friendly vulcans. Forget about cornering the federation.
oh yea, i also think the vanilla game mechanics are a bit poor. We are working on some new diplomatic features and also on events which will give players more/different political options to interact with.

4. Would like to see a bit more resources around planets and stars some systems seem kind of empty considering all the planets in them. No point in building a mining station just to mine one mineral or energy credit. Might want to make the minimum spawn number 2 to make it worthwhile. The base game has this same issue as well.

good point, we will probabably increase the base amount of resources although we need to be careful in regards to game balance.

5. Spaceports seem very weak, weaker than the base game. PS, would.lvoe to see spaceport we could edit and design ourselves.
we have some very special plans for spaceports in mind. As this is connected to a lot of work that needs to be done, this feature will take some time to get implemented.

What other plans do you guys have to add any new features?

there are a lot of things down the pipeline. it would be too much to post them all here, but i can spoil you some of the major features planned:
v. 0.5 will focus on minor races, AI behaviour and changing traits / governments to make the gameplay more authentic.

as for the plans after 0.5:
we will continuously add more races with ships, portraits and so on. As it stands now we have around a 100 ships ready for import. Also storytelling and event scripting is on the agenda. We will create a completely new federation mechanic and improve the credibility of our galaxy.
Also sound and music will get a complete overhaul. We will compose our very own soundtrack and all the special effects will get a high quality version. Of course a whole new techtree is also in the making. At a specific point when we have filled most of the races we will start implementing the 5 planned eras: ENT, TOS, TMP, TNG, TNG+ .
As i said before, theres so much more stuff down the pipeline but i think these are the major ones were currently working on.

Reactions:
you can extract the downloaded archive from steam into your mod folder and create a .mod file to get it working. when you do that it should be no problem to change the lua file. we will definitely consider increasing the amount of core systems but we like to link it to new governments, so this will take some time to get done.

oh yea, i also think the vanilla game mechanics are a bit poor. We are working on some new diplomatic features and also on events which will give players more/different political options to interact with.

good point, we will probabably increase the base amount of resources although we need to be careful in regards to game balance.

we have some very special plans for spaceports in mind. As this is connected to a lot of work that needs to be done, this feature will take some time to get implemented.

there are a lot of things down the pipeline. it would be too much to post them all here, but i can spoil you some of the major features planned:
v. 0.5 will focus on minor races, AI behaviour and changing traits / governments to make the gameplay more authentic.

as for the plans after 0.5:
we will continuously add more races with ships, portraits and so on. As it stands now we have around a 100 ships ready for import. Also storytelling and event scripting is on the agenda. We will create a completely new federation mechanic and improve the credibility of our galaxy.
Also sound and music will get a complete overhaul. We will compose our very own soundtrack and all the special effects will get a high quality version. Of course a whole new techtree is also in the making. At a specific point when we have filled most of the races we will start implementing the 5 planned eras: ENT, TOS, TMP, TNG, TNG+ .
As i said before, theres so much more stuff down the pipeline but i think these are the major ones were currently working on.

*Warning: Hype Overdose*

*Core Breach is imminent*

Seriously though: Those plans sound incredibly amazing! Now would be the point in time where I'd use a time machine, no matter the consequences!
Will you add race-specific technology, or can anybody research the same things (cloaking, phasers,...) without using other people's debris (I hope you can salvage most of the techs though)?

Reactions:
Seriously though: Those plans sound incredibly amazing! Now would be the point in time where I'd use a time machine, no matter the consequences!
Will you add race-specific technology, or can anybody research the same things (cloaking, phasers,...) without using other people's debris (I hope you can salvage most of the techs though)?

Yes every major race will get its own techtree while containing some globallly researchable technologies like warp drives.
The salvage mechanic is actually very cool and we will let this feature in.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I played 50 years. here are a few observations:
- The Jumla system(#930) is unreachable. It always says There is no route...
- There are four empires at war with the Cardassians (me included) but they also fight against the Ferengi which isn't shown in the diplo screen.

Thanks for the reply with the new features preview. I am very excited to see the ideas you have in place. This is going to be a great mod and probably one of the best out there a year or so when we look back.

(Full disclosure, I only ever play with mods on paradox games, I never play the base game, mods are way better!!!)

Reactions:
I'm not a huge star trek fan (I've only watched voyager and not to completion yet) but this mod is really making me want to just binge watch everything star trek. Awesome mod, thank you :)

Reactions:
I'm not a huge star trek fan (I've only watched voyager and not to completion yet) but this mod is really making me want to just binge watch everything star trek. Awesome mod, thank you :)
The best shows in order of quality are: Deep Space Nine (In my opnion the best even though Roddenberryistas would disagree), Next Gen (Patrick Stewart is just awesome), The old Enterprise (never really watched though), Voyager (was always a bit too artificial for me), that new prequel four season ... thing (Wasn't the theme song sung by Bon Jovi ??)

DS9
NEXT GEN
YOYAGER (After season three)

Thanks for that Bismarck - will give it a look today.

In terms of what we've been working on this week, a lot of effort has gone into fleshing out minor races and removing some of the placeholder portraits and empire configurations. I've also been working adding new clothing options for a number of species.

Cardassian fashions (not shown, hugely improved military uniforms):
y3mTxeewVbswnek4BzK89ERffMZgCRhaITyqw3TkotgvB1d6tsQYCFg-guMEngFwBi52OiKkMM3p32O-4E9q5FoHPckqnkShkG8Nv23KfqgReDfoQdQYISX6-oNRvc48SeohOy3K_TIK2z10ERw3cF3Iw

y3mxUFISDcEAPKUy76JIWBwfXZJGJ37H-EBOWOqMv23I-a41cMvNYFpOxDkJ9q49mqdYNhorhVt3pxzyxn8aYibRsozJ6lz9J83_BdqQpCiPEUzAxxdZvMrIrrS8BbuGcDBMBXOi6f7q93vVw_MuLKHdA

Name the species, win a cookie (flag is placeholder):
y3m9tAAZOUGGzPRnJcZTI4wGN3UHiiZXc_KGlx3MfSCdUfgCWKpJkTAofiUO5DbIVuk-GPmo0yujOFpc7mAx1ThXDKjUH2KPN5HvzDUcYQmPuskryH7cO4Ozj4ZTJ10j1vXhLWnEeK6bE0MeacEXH0rBQ

Also can't wait to show you guys some of the new minor faction ships that the rest of the team have been working on in addition to our new planet/terraforming classification type.

Oh, and my favourite feature? Tholians now live on the right planet type.

flaxian :)
One wanted to kill Garak ! So he blew up his own shop to draw in Odo, then the Tal Shiar killed the Flaxian which was all part of a secret operation between the Tal Shiar and the Obsidian Order to kill the Founders and for Enabran Tain to become the Head of the Obsidian Order.
#nerdgasm