• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

xenoargh

Recruit
Oct 19, 2014
After working on this for about four months, here is Teleglitch: Slaughterhouse.

If you're one of those TL:DNR peeps and you just want a link to the D/L, the link is here:

LINKY

INSTALLATION
Simply unzip the files and overwrite the files in your Teleglitch directory.

HOW TO UNINSTALL
The easy way: run Steam's cache integrity check. Steam should overwrite all of the files and return Teleglitch to 100% Vanilla status.

However, if you are paranoid that Steam's cache check won't restore the game back to Vanilla later (as if you'll ever want to play Vanilla again, lol), you can save all of your existing files first. The mod changes just about every file in every single folder other than the shared_library file, and changes two core CSVs. So make sure you back up everything. Really, just doing an integrity check should work, though.

FEATURES
So, for folks who actually wanna read stuff, here is a short breakdown on the features.

This is completely different than anything that's been done with Teleglitch, thus far; by using some Lua and GLSL, the game looks, feels, plays and is generally very different.

Think "Crimsonland, Doom Hell Mode and Blasteroids made a zombie baby". This is a much more action-based, fast-paced version of Teleglitch with a totally different difficulty curve. Early game is pretty easy. Late game? Not so much.

So, if you love the idea of blowing through giant hordes of zombies with dual-wielded SMGs, roasting the enemy with a flamethrower, or even just the idea of having functional flashlights (what a concept, lol)... this might be the mod for you. It's just plain fun.

Just a few of the new / unique features, in no particular order:

1. Custom bullet brass bouncing everywhere, for that Crimsonland-esque feel.

2. Totally remastered art. Just about every pixel has been worked on at some point.

3. Complete overhaul of the level balance. Early levels are easier than later levels, rather than the other way around (at least, that was my take on Vanilla).

4. The game's haders were re-written so that the system of light and darkness is taken to a whole new level.

5. A complete setup for modders to build new weapons and things with, with a few caveats. Custom projectiles, custom enemy projectiles, ways to de-couple player weapon types from entities so that they can be customized / balanced for SP, etc.

6. Weapon rebalance; the objective is to make every gun useful and have a distinct niche, and every weapon has a long-term customization path.

7. Vastly expanded crafting.

8. More enemy types to fear... and kill.

9. Much more of an emphasis on action, much less emphasis on ammo conservation. Kill things. Fear things. Don't fret too much about ammo; you'll be stripping it from the dead soon enough.

slaughterhouse_teaser001.png

slaughterhouse_teaser002.png

slaughterhouse_teaser003.png

slaughterhouse_teaser004.png

slaughterhouse_teaser005.png

Last edited:
nice!

would love some gameplay video!

/shams

I'm thinking Christmas, if Real Life doesn't intervene.

Just a few features now working, in no particular order:

1. Custom bullet brass bouncing everywhere, for that Crimsonland-esque feel.
2. Totally remastered art. Just about every pixel has been worked on at some point.
3. Complete overhaul of the level balance. Early levels are easier than later levels, rather than the other way around (at least, that was my take on Vanilla).
4. Shaders re-written so that the system of light and darkness is taken to a whole new level.
5. A complete setup for modders to build new weapons and things with, with a few caveats. Custom projectiles, custom enemy projectiles, ways to de-couple player weapon types from entities so that they can be customized / balanced for SP, etc.
6. Weapon rebalance; the objective is to make every gun useful and have a distinct niche, and every weapon has a long-term customization path.
7. Vastly expanded crafting.
8. More enemy types to fear... and kill.
9. Much more of an emphasis on action, much less emphasis on ammo conservation. Kill things. Fear things. Don't fret too much about ammo; you'll be stripping it from the dead soon enough.

In general, I'm happy with everything but one last bit that I'm working on. This is more-or-less the game I thought I was buying now.