• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

don Zappo

General
17 Badges
May 14, 2018
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka
  • Magicka 2
Posted this with permission from @Morphyum .

I have modified the previous incarnation of Permanent Evasion into a version that I think is more interesting overall. Now, Permanent Evaion (PE) is granted based upon the movement speed of a mech instead of just its weight class. This means that mechs keep a minimum number of evasion pips. This allows much more nuanced variation for mechs and makes the Cicada and Spider actually resemble viable mechs. New modifiable values and their defaults are as follows:

Move 210 - 5 Permanent Evasion
Move 190 - 4 Permanent Evasion
Move 165 - 3 Permanent Evasion
Move 140 - 2 Permanent Evasion
Move 120 - 2 Permanent Evasion
Move 95 - 0 Permanent Evasion

"PercentageToKeepPips" : 40 (default) - Once you hit the Permanent Evasion threshold, what percent change do you have to actually keep that pip? 100% is keep it always (like normal Permanent Evasion), 0% is never keep it (like vanilla).

Ace Pilot +1 Permanent Evasion (along with its normal ability)
Ace Pilot bonus to keep pips: +20%

Here is a Google Sheet with all of the movement values in it (along with some other numbers for a Mod Pack I curate)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ITdfsO5MWG-TNi6D-pDb9Sl1ck/edit#gid=808883602

As an example, assuming a baseline permanent evasion for a class as a whole (not an enforced baseline - just a general baseline of what to expect for a weight class) the following values come out:

Lights (3 PE base)
Locust +2 PE
Urban Mech -3 PE
Spider +2 PE
Panther -1 PE
Jenner +1 PE

Mediums (2 PE base)
CDA (2 variants) +3 PE
CDA (1 variant) +2 PE
VND (1 variant) -1 PE
BJ (1 variant) -1 PE
ENF -1 PE
CN9 -1 PE
HBK -1 PE

Heavies (1 PE base)
DRG +1 PE
QKD +1 PE
CTF (1 variant) -1 PE
ON1 (1 variant) +1 PE

Assaults (0 PE base)
VTR +1 PE
Zeu +1 PE
BLR +1 PE
BNC +1 PE

Ace Pilot still gives +1 PE.

Looking at that list it just seems so right.

Attachments

• PermanentEvasion_dZ.zip
    6,5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

*snip text*

Note: I had to rename the mod folder (back) to 'PermanentEvasion_dZ', or the game would throw a fit* about a missing Log.txt file in 'PermanentEvasion' (deleted Morphyum's original), which contained messages about 'missing settings.json file' in \PermanentEvasion_dZ\.

* - Soft lock/infinite duration turn after a weapon being fired.

Note: I had to rename the mod folder (back) to 'PermanentEvasion_dZ', or the game would throw a fit* about a missing Log.txt file in 'PermanentEvasion' (deleted Morphyum's original), which contained messages about 'missing settings.json file' in \PermanentEvasion_dZ\.

* - Soft lock/infinite duration turn after a weapon being fired.
Thanks! I'll fix that right up.

Okay, the file has been updated in the OP. Loaded my game with no errors.

Okay, the file has been updated in the OP. Loaded my game with no errors.
It's not when the game is loaded that it throws an error; that happens when an enemy attacks one of your units, then the game soft-locks.

In any event, newer version you uploaded above (not NexusMods, haven't tested that one) is broken, got the following error message:

Code:
MessageCenter [ERROR] CRITICAL ERROR, PLEASE REPORT:
Delegate OnAttackSequenceGroupEnd - Standard for message type OnAttackSequenceGroupEnd failed with exception
Could not load file or assembly 'PermanentEvasion_dZ, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
at (wrapper dynamic-method) BattleTech.Mech.ResolveAttackSequence_Patch1 (object,string,int,int,BattleTech.AttackDirection) <0x00028>
at BattleTech.AttackDirector/AttackSequence.OnAttackSequenceGroupEnd (MessageCenterMessage) <0x0036b>
at MessageCenter.SendMessagesForType (MessageCenterMessageType,MessageCenterMessage) <0x00186>

Kept a backup of the original, which still works with a renamed folder.

Blah. This is what I get for trying to make things standalone. Thank you very much for this.

There, I just KISSed the problem. Please tell me it works now. :/

If you happened to download an earlier version, you'll have to delete the PermanentEvasion_Movement folder.

There, I just KISSed the problem. Please tell me it works now. :/
Yeah, it works just fine.

The only mandatory change to make the mod work, was to rename PermanentEvasion_Movement to PermanentEvasion_dZ.

No need to re-download or anything (for those who got the very 1st upload version), just folder renaming.

It's strange since after you pointed it out, I thought I had changed all the references to the old folder. Whatever. I'm tired of trying to find it, so I'll just go with what is known to work. ;)

Do I understand correctly, that with Evasive Movement, those high evasion 'mechs are now nigh on not hittable?
Correct me if I'm wrong: Evasive gives you base 50% hit chance and then you work the modifiers from there, right? So a 6 permanent evasion pips Spider with Evasive Movement is base -10% to hit before bonuses to hit? Did you test it this way?

Do I understand correctly, that with Evasive Movement, those high evasion 'mechs are now nigh on not hittable?
Correct me if I'm wrong: Evasive gives you base 50% hit chance and then you work the modifiers from there, right? So a 6 permanent evasion pips Spider with Evasive Movement is base -10% to hit before bonuses to hit? Did you test it this way?
Not exactly. In the base game each pip gives you a 10% to-hit avoidance. So, 6 pips would give the spider -60%. HBS just buffed light mechs to have a base 15% avoidance. So, to start you are at -75%. The base to-hit is 75% so it starts at 0%. Then, you take all the other bonuses and maluses into account, including the significant boost from gunnery.

These changes have been tested with my Mod Pack which actually makes evasion better than stock and it works really well once everything is taken into account. One thing to keep in mind is that sensor lock does strip off those permanent pips and makes sensor locking very valuable against these evasive mechs.

Not exactly. In the base game each pip gives you a 10% to-hit avoidance. So, 6 pips would give the spider -60%. HBS just buffed light mechs to have a base 15% avoidance. So, to start you are at -75%. The base to-hit is 75% so it starts at 0%. Then, you take all the other bonuses and maluses into account, including the significant boost from gunnery.

These changes have been tested with my Mod Pack which actually makes evasion better than stock and it works really well once everything is taken into account. One thing to keep in mind is that sensor lock does strip off those permanent pips and makes sensor locking very valuable against these evasive mechs.
Ok. How about the interaction with the Evasive Movement skill. It gives +1 Evasion pip and Evasive buff. Evasive means OpFor has base 50% chance to hit if I recall correctly.

Ok. How about the interaction with the Evasive Movement skill. It gives +1 Evasion pip and Evasive buff. Evasive means OpFor has base 50% chance to hit if I recall correctly.
Evasive Movement simply gives you +1 pip of evasion. No other buff on top of this.

I have modified the previous incarnation of Permanent Evasion into a version that I think is more interesting overall. Now, Permanent Evaion (PE) is granted based upon the movement speed of a mech instead of just its weight class. This means that mechs keep a minimum number of evasion pips. This allows much more nuanced variation for mechs and makes the Cicada and Spider actually resemble viable mechs. New values are as follows:

Move 210 - 5 Permanent Evasion
Move 190 - 4 Permanent Evasion
Move 165 - 3 Permanent Evasion
Move 140 - 2 Permanent Evasion
Move 120 - 1 Permanent Evasion
Move 95 - 0 Permanent Evasion

Ace Pilot +1 Permanent Evasion (along with its normal ability)

As an example, assuming a baseline permanent evasion for a class as a whole (not an enforced baseline - just a general baseline of what to expect for a weight class) the following values come out:

Lights (3 PE base)
Locust +2 PE
Urban Mech -3 PE
Spider +2 PE
Panther -1 PE
Jenner +1 PE

Mediums (2 PE base)
CDA (2 variants) +3 PE
CDA (1 variant) +2 PE
VND (1 variant) -1 PE
BJ (1 variant) -1 PE
ENF -1 PE
CN9 -1 PE
HBK -1 PE

Heavies (1 PE base)
DRG +1 PE
QKD +1 PE
CTF (1 variant) -1 PE
ON1 (1 variant) +1 PE

Assaults (0 PE base)
VTR +1 PE
Zeu +1 PE
BLR +1 PE
BNC +1 PE

Ace Pilot still gives +1 PE.

Dude this is AWESOME! Nice Work!

My only initial criticism is that this might be too powerful

You might just start at 140 movement and go 1,2,3,4 from there (120 movement mechs aren't really "fast" per se... those are mechs like the Centurion... and 120 movement mechs can still get decent evasion)

Last edited:
I see in my game play Gained: Evasive and Lost: Evasive all the time in status texts showing up over the 'mechs. I run a mobile comp though and use Evasive Movement a lot.

Edit: will look into the code when I get back home from work to see where it is.