• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rudyhenkel

Second Lieutenant
11 Badges
Apr 12, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • 500k Club
Has anyone gotten any mods to work at all under the new beta patch? I know, I know, it's a mod issue.

BUT, it seems like the game is no longer looking in the appropriate mod folder for the relevant files. I get errors whenever I try to load any of the mods, because it can't find some file (which I then verify does indeed exist in the mod folder).

If I directly overwrite the files in the primary folder with the mod ones, everything works fine. I'm enjoying a mod (WATKABAOIFBAAAAAA) right now by doing that, but it's strange I can't get it to work by simply putting it in the mod folder like I used to, and am wondering if anything changed in the latest beta to cause that.

After several hours I think this is an issue with administrator access on my computer.

Not sure I can fix it, but overwriting the base files with the mod works fine, and I can always re-install if I want to change mods.

Not ideal, but functional!

If the game is installed into a place where it does not have write permissions, you may have more success installing mods to <Documents>\Crystal Empire Games\For the Glory instead of in the game folder. Or create a file "userdir.txt" in the game folder, containing a line dir = "<your preferred location>" if you prefer some other place. This has been possible since one of the earlier 1.3 beta patches, but not widely publicized.