• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is your support weapons change added? Are all support weapons now "normal" weapons, or did you leave some to be support? Is it a simple json change?

WOW.
I happy to say Thank you for your ideas and efforts.
Vanilla Battletech is a great game, but Roguetech took it to a holw new level, especially in the game mechanics.
I hope official developers will take notice of your work and even suggest to you to officialize Roguetech as a DLC, payable so your efforts be rewarded. I will pay for it hands down, and I am sure the majority of Roguetech players will do so as well.
We thank you for doing this.

PS: if I may ask about a possibility.
1) The battle stage is this game Battletech (or Roguetech, the same) feels bland.
All missions types are a variation of skirmish, even though they say assassinate, capture, defend, battle, etc.
There is no content in there, all seems scripted the same way.
Reinforcements arriving in round 1, from the same location on any specific maps, enemies are in the same places, and assassination missions aren't why they claim.
In Roguetech I could kill only the target on a specific map because the enemy forces are far away. But Can you guess where the LZ is located?! Exactly in the middle of the enemies, so you cannot execute a precision kill and escape as they suggest in theory of the mission.
I hope I explained what I am asking if it is possible to change from the BT version (that is copied in RT)
2) Another thing.
Passive radars.To be able and to move without alarming enemies.
In mechwarrior / mechcommander this was a thing. Without LOS, mechs with radar (sensors) off could move without worry.
In our case, if there can be a sensor module to be added with various degrees (basic, intermediate, advanced) Advanced radar coupled with max level of tactics pilot could detect these passive radar enemies.
It will improve the tactics of this game.
Why I say this.
Because the first moment you detect an enemy mech, they will all storm your location. And you find yourself battling 8 mechs, that are double your own drop weight if not more.

Just sharing some ideas for improvement. Hopefully it can be done.

Once again THANK YOU for creating Roguetech and offering this amazing playing experience.

1) Since we have no editor its very hard to impossible for us to add new mission types and maps

2) RT already has different sensor ranges so it is possible to see the enemy before they see you, only if you fire at them they will notice you and react.

1. Im trying to make the story missions into contracts, but its not as simple as i hoped

2. This may sound simple but it would be even more work then just getting the code for the aura functions revived (i just hold out on a dlc/patch with a proper raven)

But I already try to make a better information Warfare system, this includes tactics granting sight and sensors

Also thanks for the compliments, its appreciated :)

https://imgur.com/a/8WROBxv
I have a question/input about factions rating.
After doing missions in the Steiner area, (and a lot against other factions, that showed -2 or any other minus value to their rating) on the overview rating in the "cpt quarters", the faction rating except Steiner's is 0. Steiner is sufficiently high, added from all the missions done, but the rest are indifferent and not on negative as I was expecting.

Also in this forum thread are we allowed to interact with you guys regarding any Roguetech subjects ot is this just a limited thing where you share news and I don't know, general info sharing.

Thanks

PS:
I love the new spec weapons of negative effects and pirate etc.
PPS:
Your game sure as hell starts to be better by each update.
Just as a mention to keep in mind.
Look at Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 items (weapons, armor, etc...) just to get an idea of atributes
Like having rare faction specific weapons/equipment, rare ones and Legendary ones.
Legendary, super rare and only in specific systems of certain faction (if it is possible to introduce such a limitation)

Last edited:
I dont intent to stray too far from lore while bending it for things like the pirate weapons

All current extra gear will be spread among factions through rep further, but otherwise kept as it is

Please do not misunderstand me. Hopefully, my bouncing ideas with you guys is received just like that, a passionate player of games set in this universe, that has an extensive experience with various other good titles from the past, and shares his input. Thank you for taking the time to read and even reply. I am not expecting or demanding anything, we are among passionate people here, enjoying proactive thoughts.
These thoughts are all kept within the lore and content of this universe. All your newly added items are logical to exist (agricultural and industrial melee items, pirate specific things etc..)
What i meant regarding "legendary" or "rare" status items (generic terms from RPG games, that here can be categorised differently)
For example the "rare" items can be "prototype" class.
It is documented in the lore that specific factions did create some components and researched new ones. So these "prototype" items have a chance to be found withing the systems in their area of influence where research, manufacturing and other attributes exist. These rare items offer better status over regular ones (like an M pulse with 1ton weight and the same heat as a regular M laser) Or a "L pulse" with the same weight and heat generated from an M pulse.
"Legendary" items can be from the SLDF elite force. They have excruciating fire power and are extremely rare to find in limited system with SLDF, comstar, research, manufacturing status.
As an example, especially with the recent removal of breaching shot skill, weapons that have breaching shot capability.
Gauss that has the same effect as breaching shot ifnoric cover/defended status or any other weapon with a similar positive affect.

Experimental weapons, such as RACs that have sufficiently increased % to hit (like 10-20% better) but high chance to jam next round (if you can implement that)

Now coming from the Mechwarrior online, so a lore .
Certain mech chassis that offer bonuses to certain class of weapons, as reduced heat generation, increased % to hit (5-7%?!)

Another questions.
- Can it be possible for players intervention in certain systems in favor of a different faction to make that system be included in the newly player supported faction?!
- Can it be possible for specific items rewards on extremely dangerous missions...Lets say you reach allied status and are offered a random encounter mission for that faction (similar to one of the vanilla story arc missions) where you may be rewarded with a guaranteed weapon or equipment

Thanks again for your patience with me bouncing these ideas, clarifying what i thought. This is a token of my gratitude to your efforts, offering possible evolution of your project.

edit: can the "sensor lock" have it's effect for 2 rounds instead of just one? This skill is quite difficult to obtain and removing chevrons for just 1 rounds seems underhwelming, especially with the game that usually forces you with fights against 8 enemy mechs.

Last edited:
I do take it as that, the tone makes the music, and yours have been questions and inquiry's, i gladly read those and take them into consideration

"Newtech" is considered "prototypes" thats why the uac's and rac's are inherently worse then their TT counterparts would be

for the moment i dont intent to create more variants of pulse and er types or other weapons that arent "common"

I cant grant chassis boni like that for the time being, but id rather tie it to mechwarriors and individual experience ala mechcommander2, to deepen the player connection for each pilot

Both of the last items are out of scope for now

Sensor lock is a whole other bag of cats, the intention was actually to have it be a 1per turn use that doesnt consume an action, which didnt work out

Thank you for helping me out understand potential progress for the future.
I am glad to have exchanged thoughts and wish to you guys best of luck with the project and I encourage you to transform Roguetech into an official DLC. Official meaning not breaking other game functions or easily reversible via an ingame button/switch from BT to RT for those that are active in multiplayer.
I would pay for it and sure as hell many other players. Meaning you to get paid sufficient percentage of that value, the large percentage.
Official dev team should be happy because they do not have to work in creating new content because it is already being done and sufficiently tested by us all that enjoy your mod.
As much as i enjoy playing it free, your work surpassed my expectation and should see the light of day with official recognition.
Even if a side DLC, that might not be in-line with official developer's idea of where to take Battletech, nevertheless as the game suggests, it is a alternative evolution.
So start lobbying and discussing with them and bring us a full blown official release

Good luck in this project, we all thank you for the continouos effort for developing Roguetech

PS: i like the mainscreen logo with the red-ish rogue written over.

This is a community effort from discord

I mostly either give the guys stupid ideas (and drive them nuts;)) or just take their great ideas and mash them into this

All i want to do is make the bt merc sim i wanted to play for over 25 years, since 6yo me found the novels and fell in love

I dont do this for money fame or recognition, i just want to make the game i always wanted to have

Clearly you did not do it for money, and you created good content.
Well, i hope to have added to the pool of ideas.
For the merc company, some hidden missions will be needed (with the pirate jump points of high risk), some special item rewards missions will be needed, some betrayal missions as well.
The pirate jump point missions might be created like a random event and based on your inventory/pilots weighted to the choice you select, to be rewarded some positive rewards items/experience or negative rewards like injuries, pilot rebelious stats, etc

PS: is the new Crab mech official game v1.1 or was it added through Rguetech mod

Hi all,

Im wodering if there is any documentation for this mod. Im running into an issue where i dont know what some of weapons are or how they should be used.

Also I see its set in 3031, is there a way to set to use just older 3025 tech only? I saw where i could change the date but it didnt have an effect on the new tech.

The new crab works through the mechresizer, it is a downscaleed and squished king crab ;)

Stuff like that isnt easy to do with how the game handles such missions, thats the issue, for some of this you basically have to headcanon it for yourself

@harlikwin667

The installer opens the documentation for you

You added a Crab?

As in one of my favorite mediums?