• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's an unpleasant outcome when CleanSlate overriding "common/buildings".

Fixed in Dev

Thänks
PyHOUKO.gif

PS: Fixed it for myself for now to an extent by renaming castle.txt to buildings.txt and castleculture to Castleculture.
That might leaves issues with other files, but i don't have the nerves to check all building files.
Hopeful for the fix in the dev version.

Last edited:
In CleanSlate, 867 bm Carolingians kings had flipped to french, instead of staying frankish in the vanilla game.
Ofcourse it was a gradual process, but CK2 is composed with 10110 - binary codes. I want to know what motivates you to "fix" this.

I assume that you started the distinction from Oaths of Strasbourg (842), which Charles the Bald and Louis the German give their speech in both predecessor of old high german dialects and Old Gallo-Romance, predecessor of old french.
After all, they purposely learned the local language during their growth stage.
As their self identity are still the king of the Franks, I support they would still be labeled as frankish.
Also according to wiki:
...north of the French-Dutch language boundary, the language was no longer referred to as "Frankish" (if it ever was referred to as such) but rather came to be referred to as "Diets", i.e. the "people's language". Urban T. Holmes has proposed that a Germanic language continued to be spoken as a second tongue by public officials in western Austrasia and Neustria as late as the 850s, and that it completely disappeared as a spoken language from these regions only during the 10th century.
I think it's OK to have Charles the Bald frankish or french in 867, but the french flip MTTH is likely later so more likely to be frankish.

In CleanSlate, 867 bm Carolingians kings had flipped to french, instead of staying frankish in the vanilla game.
Ofcourse it was a gradual process, but CK2 is composed with 10110 - binary codes. I want to know what motivates you to "fix" this.

I assume that you started the distinction from Oaths of Strasbourg (842), which Charles the Bald and Louis the German give their speech in both predecessor of old high german dialects and Old Gallo-Romance, predecessor of old french.
After all, they purposely learned the local language during their growth stage.
As their self identity are still the king of the Franks, I support they would still be labeled as frankish.
Also according to wiki:

I think it's OK to have Charles the Bald frankish or french in 867, but the french flip MTTH is likely later so more likely to be frankish.

As far as I know, we've made no changes related to this at all. Paradox had the French-German split when The Old Gods released and only tacked on Frankish when Charlemagne came out. You'll find his children are a mix of Frankish and French, in both vanilla and CleanSlate.

For now, 'fixing' this is outside the purview of CleanSlate, since it would end up being far too invasive for a mod that aims to stay as close to vanilla as possible.

1.0 Beta 2.8
cleanslate.jpg

Version 1.0 Beta 2.8 Released!
[steam workshop download]

Checksum [ENZE]

Noteworthy Changes:
- Deleted Ships_avatars.gfx to fix a crash
- Changed the trigger used to point to China in certain events to one that works better
- Generated families will now correctly have the Sayyid/Mirza traits
- Fixed a Paradox typo in Crusade Events that made participants join crusades endlessly
- Fixed missing adjacency between Genoa and Corsica
- Added dummy files to the Buildings folder to prevent building duplication
- Fixed two provinces being aligned to the wrong title
- Fixed various provinces having incorrect terrain
- Fixed Courtiers being electors in county titles using Elective Gavelkind
- Fixed event targets not being saved for scripted effects
- Fixed several events being sent to wrong character
- Fix minor issues in antagonize events
- Fix Mongol Empire's landless status not persisting in savegame
- Light cleaning of title history
- Fixed oversight in 'Early HRE'-decision
- Fixed 'Claim All'-CB not being available
- Removed visible province numbers from various ocean provinces
- Fixed several issues with the government triggers
- Moved Government potentials and allows to Custom Triggers for easier adjustment and reference (see notes in 00_government_triggers.txt for more information)
- Changed how several characters are spawned utilizing min_age and max_age
- Fixed sacrificing sisters at Blots showing localization for brothers, and sacrificing Nahua Aztec characters showing Muslim localization.
- Several tooltip fixes

Have you found a bug?
Bugs can be reported on our GitHub page here,
For multiple bugs, please submit reports individually for our ease of tracking. Thank you for your help!​

Attachments

• CleanSlate.zip
    19,7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Is clean slate in a stable enough state where it is safe for modders to start basing their mods on it yet?

I'm planning on revamping and expanding an old mod of mine, and I am wondering if I should rewrite the mod with clean slate as a base now, or if it is better to wait until it is more finalized.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Bug report in vanilla CK2, but likely in CL as well.

Sorry for doing this here, but i got no github account, am very tired and just stumbled over it
and have no energy now to verify it in CleanSlate and don''t understand what you changed in the gfx/interface folder...
So before i forrget it, here it is.

Minor graphic bug.

When being hellenic and building a temple in a bodpa province, the temple holding picture is black.
Last time reported here with suggestion of fix

In short
line 1868 (in CleanSlate)
Code:
    spriteType = {
        name = "GFX_settlement_temple_bodpagfx_hellenicgfx"
        textureFile = "gfx\\interface\\placeholder_temple_hellenic_mongol.dds"
Fix:
Change the *.dds file extension to *.tga, as is in all other cases.

Last edited:
My current game : 769 start, tribal, irish catholic, CL=ENZE version.
Question to everyone playing this right now :

- Do you also see feudal characters created in temple holdings with the bishops dying ? -

They then stay feudal after the intital spawning , go on to marry etc and all in a temple.
IF anyone has that, then please tell. I might create a github account, learn to post there and make a proper bug report.
Though i have no idea how that is caused.

*later looks at the github bug reports again*

Hmm...sounds similar to what @Aerotinge had reported on 27th july under the headline
temple holding granted by a feudal/tribal holder not switching theocracy"

....so this post was likely dispensable after all, sorry.
esIhHNa.gif

edit : applied the suggested fix as in the commit in above linked issue and seems to work and not cause new issues,
as far as i can see.
-----

By the way, is there a discord for this mod where everyone talks with each other or something ?
It's pretty quiet in here, so i wonder if miss the party elsewhere.

Last edited:
Would it be possible for you to add a system by which I can disinherit somebody patrilineally or matrilineally? Like trait = disinherited_patrilineal and trait = disinherited_matrilineal. I need this for the morganatic marriage system I am developing. E.g. somebody who has this trait should only be able to inherit from one of their parents, not from both.

For example for morganatic marriage: the kids cannot inherit anything from their father because he is a duke but married a landless noble or lowborn, but they should be able to inherit the barony he gave to his wife as an "apanage" to the descendants.

Reactions:
Would it be possible for you to add a system by which I can disinherit somebody patrilineally or matrilineally

???
That's not what this mod is for.

• 1Like
Reactions:
as a non Modder this project sounds like an insane job! does this mean you have to basically rebuild the entire game minus the already written text? what about hardcoded stuff can you work around or even change that?
hows it going?
huge praise for you guys!

as a non Modder this project sounds like an insane job! does this mean you have to basically rebuild the entire game minus the already written text? what about hardcoded stuff can you work around or even change that?
hows it going?
huge praise for you guys!
We can't fix hardcoded bugs and often can't work around them either, but there are many bugs that we can fix and have fixed - roughly 600 so far.

• 2Love
Reactions:
cleanslate.jpg

Beta 3
Checksum: UFEJ
Steam Workshop

If you've found a bug, please report it, either here or on GitHub. When reporting multiple bugs on GitHub please submit reports individually for our ease of tracking. Thank you for your help!

Compatible with Crusader Kings II, version 3.3.5.1

CleanSlate bugs fixed:
- Fixed 'Donate to Hospitallers'-decision having no localisation
- Fixed top liege getting additional province revolt troops instead of revolt leader
- Fixed some theocratic rulers not converting religion properly
- Fixed some incorrect tooltips when converting religion
- Fixed some patricians not being playable without Conclave DLC and having incorrect succession laws on their titles
- Fixed missing decision icon for christian_pilgrimage
- Fixed c_aral missing its original flag
- Fixed various broken event localisations
- Fixed Cairo being called Borovichi after 969
- Fixed issues with Crusade/Jihad/Great Holy War announcements
- Fixed Shia Caliphate Rising event not working properly
- Fixed missing Bon priest titles in religion screen
- Reverted events 65031, 65053, and 65055 to non-Reaper's Due effects and restricted to those lacking the dlc.
- Fixed bad condition in TOG.4001, 'founding the Jomsvikings'
- Fixed bad condition in SoA.1030, 'child wants to join a holy order'
- Fixed error with RoI.3302
- Fixed educator minimum stat requirements not being enforced in ZE.13615
- Fixed an issue preventing you from refusing WoL.11310, 'Teach a leader trait to one of my Commanders'
- Fixed necronomicon coming back event not triggering if it was the only book you burned in MNM.4217
- Fixed wrong piety changes for hiring pagan_mystic and insane_zealot physicians
- Fixed some issues with tributary CBs
- Fixed various portrait issues relating to crowns and martial gear
- Fixed some potential issues in dealing with special crowns
- Fix getting notifications about you going into and getting out of hiding

Vanilla changes:
- Reworked the unprotected_sex_effects to use actual fertility values, rather than a list of traits. They now actually check that the parties have fertility > 0
- Removed the event chain from option A in event 100440 and replaced it with a minor piety boost, since it relied on obsolete mechanics.
- Fixed the Zun feast event chain not actually adding the do_not_disturb flag to guests.
- Refusing to pay to skip blot now actually has an opinion penalty
- End of runestones notification no longer occurs for each of a player's characters, and no longers fires if the start date is more than 10 years after the notification would first fire.
- Fixed the 'child joins the varangians' event chain potentially failing midway through if a parent doesn't exist.
- The 'child joins the varangians' event chain no longer ends when a parent dies if the child isn't inheiriting any titles and the other parent is landed
- Added missing safe religion check in SoA.4020
- Fixed Jewish councilors sometimes being master seducers
- Fixed demon child's real father not being set properly in SoA.3014
- Fixed bad condition in SoA.3019 when checking for the sunset invasion
- The demon child's nanny will no longer move to the child's liege's court if the child becomes landed. The event was also changed to fire on action rather than MTTH. The demon child's nanny is now saved as a global event target to facilitate these changes
- The diwali lover can no longer change gender from event to event
- Fixed missing OR preventing RoI.248 from firing
- Fixed bad conditions preventing HL.10300 'Mercenary leader fighting a great commander' from firing unless the mercenary leader was also a great commander
- Fixed a couple missing supernatural game rule checks
- Fixed nickname being shown as added to the wrong character in HL.1041
- ZE.3001 now makes sure jews weren't recently repaid or expelled
- Now actually possible to decline event ZE.3011
- Fixed the declined offer response not firing in event ZE.22200
- Women of child-bearing age are no longer afraid of getting pregnant with their female seducer
- Fixed an issue where the commander would never increase martial by just 1 in MNM.70011
- Fixed relic progress always reseting when removong the artifact seeker in MNM.9009 rather than just when below zero
- Fixed a bad opinion target in MNM.1470
- Fixed flags not being set in MNM.4410 and thus traits not being added/removed
- Fixed all remaining references to is_offmap_ruler = offmap_china and is_offmap_ruler = no
- Fixed HFP.20801 and HFP.20802 not firing for nonplayable characters
- Basil I is now shown with an imperial character ring in the bookmark screen, instead of a feudal ring
- The features tooltip for nomadic government now mentions the possiblity to refoirm to tribal government
- Special crowns are now also properly inherited on abdication

Beta 2.9 (5 September 2021) - no publicly announced release

CleanSlate bugs fixed:
- Fixed missing c_safi in history/titles
- Hide random_lists's effects without tooltips in Hajj event
- Fixed some missing/duplicate laws in some law groups showing up
- Fixed some incorrect province adjacencies
- Fixed adventurers declaring a war for a non-existant war target
- Fixed bishops becoming Barons and Barons pretending to be Tribes

Vanilla changes:
- The conclusion to the War Games event chain now displays missing description for one of six possible win conditions, getting this win condition now leads to actually winning. (WoL.11140)
- Krete and Cyprus are no longer seized if not defending against the Fourth Crusade
- The resulting Byzantine Empire rump state no longer vassalizes bordering rulers of the same religion and culture.
- Fill in missing title history of Hadeln

Attachments

• CleanSlate beta 3.zip
    18,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
Reactions:
cleanslate.jpg

Beta 4
Checksum: RFDB
Steam Workshop
GitHub download

If you've found a bug, please report it, either here or on GitHub. When reporting multiple bugs on GitHub please submit reports individually for our ease of tracking. Thank you for your help!

Compatible with Crusader Kings II, version 3.3.5.1

CleanSlate fixes:
- Fixed bad condition in plot_kill_character ai chance
- Fixed bad condition in the hermetics startup_populate section
- Fiedx self-duel opportunity after losing flyting
- Fixed several faulty opinion modifier assignments
- Corrected a tooltip used in several events
- Reworked Baltic Holds decision to only show relevant tooltips and once more construct secondary improvements if the primary improvements are not yet maxed out but can't currently be improved while the secondary improvement can be improved. Also added a better tooltip for the decision alert at the top of the screen
- Fixed a few oversights due to internal ID changes
- Fixed a few more portrait issues with dead rulers who owned special crowns
- Fixed notification events about you coming out of hiding
- Fixed minor issues in 'Spouse suggests new councillor'-events
- Fixed 'Shut the gates'-decision showing up when already secluded
- Fixed WoL.3060 not always selecting two relatives
- Fixed tooltip error in event HF.40022
- Fixed Sponsored Baptism not working properly
- Fixed potential succession law issues with the Papacy, bishoprics using investiture and offmap powers such as China
- Restored sexual revulsion to the cat and horse traits to more reasonable levels
- Fixed the plot to revoke a vassal title not properly working when the target gives in
- Fixed claimant factions sometimes not properly declaring war when the faction leader isn't the claimant
- Various other minor fixes/enhancements

Vanilla fixes/changes:
- Fixed bad condition in promise_to_join_reconquista
- remove_disease_trait_effect now removes sickly
- spawn_*_commander/diplomat/scholar_effects now use the gender ratios from MNM.70013 (find commander job action), i.e. they now take gender equality into account.
- add_same_commander_trait_as_FROM now chooses the trait randomly
- Habsburg Castle can now be established by non-independent AI
- Fixed reformed Bön disliking tribal organisation
- Fix Iron Crown of Lombardy not being transferred on usurpation
- Fixed incorrect tooltips in scarred effects
- Murder plots can no longer be cancelled while in motion
- Show murder plot target when opportunity is shown
- Fixed Assassin murder plot backer opportunity logic
- Regular murder plots are now actually interrupted by target going into hiding
- Added missing flags religious and customizer flags to mujahid - It can no longer be selected in the ruler designer, like the other crusader traits.
- Removed errant religious flag on zodiac_aquarius
- Added pirate to vikings's opposite traits
- Removed is_health flag from several traits that should not prevent one from hunting
- Added is_health flag to the epidemic diseases
- Fixed ai error in employ_a_smith event chain
- Patched up trade post inaccuracies due to map changes, closely matching that of The Republic's original release
- Restored the Contarini family in the Republic of Venice
- Reminded historical republics that a trade post can be built in Amalfi
- Various other minor fixes/enhancements

Removed scripted triggers:
- is_born_in_january_trigger
- is_born_in_february_trigger
- is_born_in_march_trigger
- is_born_in_april_trigger
- is_born_in_may_trigger
- is_born_in_june_trigger
- is_born_in_july_trigger
- is_born_in_august_trigger
- is_born_in_september_trigger
- is_born_in_october_trigger
- is_born_in_november_trigger
- is_born_in_december_trigger
- can_be_prophet_of_doom_trigger
- sad_example_trigger
- can_build_hillfort_trigger
- can_build_defensive_fortifications_trigger
- can_build_walls_trigger
- can_build_castle_fortifications_trigger
- has_minor_title_relating_to_martial_trigger
- ruler_has_dedicated_temple_trigger
- is_ill_trigger
- has_disease_trigger

Removed files:
- scripted/triggers/00_game_rules.txt
- scripted/triggers/00_scripted_triggers_society_assassins.txt
- scripted/triggers/08_LT_triggers.txt

Removed scripted effects:
- remove_secret_religion_trait_effect
- flip_to_secret_religion_effect
- add_prevs_secret_religion_trait_effect
- this_is_becoming_grand_mistress_effect
- this_is_becoming_iron_matron_effect
- this_is_becoming_virago_effect
- this_is_becoming_atoner_effect
- this_is_becoming_manservant_effect
- this_is_becoming_stud_effect
- this_is_becoming_grand_paramour_effect
- this_is_becoming_judicator_effect
- this_is_becoming_subjugator_effect
- this_is_becoming_prim_effect
- this_is_becoming_doll_effect
- this_is_becoming_breeder_effect
- remove_patrons_effect
- random_coronation_events_effect
- child_of_destiny_journey_start_effect
- child_of_destiny_journey_resume_effect
- clr_flags_introduce_heir_effect
- stop_slow_AIs_effect
- found_a_bloodline_effect
- remove_education_effect

Attachments

• CleanSlate beta 4.zip
    18,1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Vanilla fixes/changes:

- Murder plots can no longer be cancelled while in motion

Errrr.....sorry, but why ?
*feel confused*

That's one of these things were i'm initally getting a bit miffed and disappointed that you don't stay with what is in vanilla.
Why the change ? I find that a bit too fundamental and limiting for a mod that as far as i understood intends
to mainly fix bugs, script and optimise stuff to create a new base.
Am i too dramatic ? Sorry if so. ;) No bad intentions.

I also find it simply unrealistic. Why should i not be able to stop a plot i started ?
Or do i misunderstand that line ?
Can they not be cancelled on discovery by the liege ? If so, still why ?
Questions, questions, questions...
Left curious.

Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:
Errrr.....sorry, but why ?
*feel confused*

That's one of these things were i'm initally getting a bit miffed and disappointed that you don't stay with what is in vanilla.
Why the change ? I find that a bit too fundamental and limiting for a mod that as far as i understood intends
to mainly fix bugs, script and optimise stuff to create a new base.
Am i too dramatic ? Sorry if so. ;) No bad intentions.

I also find it simply unrealistic. Why should i not be able to stop a plot i started ?
Or do i misunderstand that line ?
Can they not be cancelled on discovery by the liege ? If so, still why ?
Questions, questions, questions...
Left curious.

Thanks for any feedback.

It only concerns when the actual murder is about to happen, meaning someone saw an opportunity and the plot leader gave the okay. If it fails, the plot is up for cancellation again, of course.

Reactions:
It only concerns when the actual murder is about to happen, meaning someone saw an opportunity and the plot leader gave the okay. If it fails, the plot is up for cancellation again, of course.

Aaaaaaah. Okay.
So when a murder event is already in motion...or so i understand.
That totaly makes sense. What a relief.
Thanks for the explanation.
Sorry for going full washerwoman/panicmode for a second.
OYsXPRD.gif
wiPb7MX.gif

Cheers

Last edited:
Aaaaaaah. Okay.
So when a murder event is already in motion...or so i understand.
That totaly makes sense. What a relief.
Thanks for the explanation.
Sorry for going full washerwoman/panicmode for a second.
OYsXPRD.gif
wiPb7MX.gif

Cheers

And thank you for staying sharp on the case. Any change that does go too far should be reverted so your feedback is appreciated.

• 1Like
Reactions:
And thank you for staying sharp on the case. Any change that does go too far should be reverted so your feedback is appreciated.

My pleasure. Thanks
Always a thin line between 'too much' and 'reasonanble', for the one that makes the change and the critic.
As long as it is possible to discuss and give feedback, everything's great.
6jqFBQI.gif

Last edited:
Been enjoying this mod a lot, thanks, though was a bit shocked by those restored siege events that can decimate your whole army! One slight bug that I've seen in vanilla too is e.g. Navarra joining the Umayyads in defending against a reconquest war which seems wrong. You also get the Miaphysite minors in Africa joining against coreligionists, presumably because the call goes out to all tributaries of Egypt, which while not exactly a bug doesn't really sit right either. Any way to fix that behaviour?