• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't swear as haven't played vanilla in a while but seem to recall it at least generated a cleric, though with random stats and traits, certainly didn't notice it picking a courtier with a non-religious education. But not certain to be honest.

Yeah it happens in vanilla, but rarely, as....i think piety determins the heir and that's usually clerics due to their learning attributes.
Not sure anymore, but something similar to money determining the successor in a city.

You can see it often in an early stage of a campaign, especially in the HRE held territory.
So gusy with stewardship or so being cardinals.
Not to mention that sometimes the pope might get paid/told to select a cardinal.
At least there is such feature for the player, but i'd think it also exists for the AI.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Three bugs I've encountered in the rebased version in Tianxia that I'm pretty certain are caused by CleanSlate (since there were no non-CleanSlate changes to the relevant things prior to my fixing the issues):

- The AI somehow builds historical Great Works in random provinces despite them having allow_construction = no and them not showing up as possible to build for the player. Putting "always = no" in the potential blocks (and adding a dummy file to override 00_wonders.txt; that didn't seem to do anything on its own) seems to fix this issue.

- RIP.11031 cannot fire, at least not from the "Seek Treatment for Illness" decision. Deleting/commenting out the trigger_if/_else in the trigger seems to fix it; unsure if that's side-effecty when the event is triggered from elsewhere as of yet. Easily tested by putting a log output at the start of the immediate block, giving a character a disease trait with the console, assigning anyone as a Court Physician, and then taking the decision; without the edit, the log output doesn't show up even with -debug -debugscripts on.

- RIP.5060 ("My relative is ill; keep pestering me about this sort of thing?") shows the "I should look for a Court Physician!" option even when you have one. Putting

Code:
else = {
    random_courtier_or_vassal = {
        limit = { has_minor_title = title_court_physician }
        save_event_target_as = court_physician
    }
}

after the if block in the immediate and replacing the NOR = { has_asssigned_minor_title = title_court_physician } with event_target:court_physician = { always = no } in the "I should look for a Court Physician!" option and and similarly replacing has_asssigned_minor_title = title_court_physician with vent_target:court_physician = { always = yes } in the "Help them with the illness!" option seems to fix it.

Based on the latter two issues both having to do with has_assigned_minor_title, I would say that it seems somewhat likely that has_asssigned_minor_title doesn't work as it should (it'd not be the only instance of vanilla code functionality not working as advertised...), which potentially means there are issues elsewhere where that is used (which I can see is a good number of places in CleanSlate). Vanilla only seems to use it in three places, both of them decisions (seek_treatment and employ_court_physician (twice)); whether that's "Known to only work in decisions" or "They didn't bother" is hard to say.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Three bugs I've encountered in the rebased version in Tianxia that I'm pretty certain are caused by CleanSlate (since there were no non-CleanSlate changes to the relevant things prior to my fixing the issues):

- The AI somehow builds historical Great Works in random provinces despite them having allow_construction = no and them not showing up as possible to build for the player. Putting "always = no" in the potential blocks (and adding a dummy file to override 00_wonders.txt; that didn't seem to do anything on its own) seems to fix this issue.

- RIP.11031 cannot fire, at least not from the "Seek Treatment for Illness" decision. Deleting/commenting out the trigger_if/_else in the trigger seems to fix it; unsure if that's side-effecty when the event is triggered from elsewhere as of yet. Easily tested by putting a log output at the start of the immediate block, giving a character a disease trait with the console, assigning anyone as a Court Physician, and then taking the decision; without the edit, the log output doesn't show up even with -debug -debugscripts on.

- RIP.5060 ("My relative is ill; keep pestering me about this sort of thing?") shows the "I should look for a Court Physician!" option even when you have one. Putting

Code:
else = {
    random_courtier_or_vassal = {
        limit = { has_minor_title = title_court_physician }
        save_event_target_as = court_physician
    }
}

after the if block in the immediate and replacing the NOR = { has_asssigned_minor_title = title_court_physician } with event_target:court_physician = { always = no } in the "I should look for a Court Physician!" option and and similarly replacing has_asssigned_minor_title = title_court_physician with vent_target:court_physician = { always = yes } in the "Help them with the illness!" option seems to fix it.

Based on the latter two issues both having to do with has_assigned_minor_title, I would say that it seems somewhat likely that has_asssigned_minor_title doesn't work as it should (it'd not be the only instance of vanilla code functionality not working as advertised...), which potentially means there are issues elsewhere where that is used (which I can see is a good number of places in CleanSlate). Vanilla only seems to use it in three places, both of them decisions (seek_treatment and employ_court_physician (twice)); whether that's "Known to only work in decisions" or "They didn't bother" is hard to say.
I've added these to our Issues list on GitHub. Thanks!

02_artifacts_wonders.txt
Will antiquity_book_history continue to be quality 1?

I think it was an accident, no other Great Library book beside the forgery is quality 1 but quality 3

Childhood events like ZE.12094 might need revisions
I've chose both options before (buying a new toy, finding the smelly toy) and I don't think I've ever got a different result than the child complains and gets the fussy trait
I've also never seen the other two versions of the fussy childhood event

Last edited: