• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rodmar18

General
8 Badges
Sep 19, 2018
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Hello,

A seemingly visually impaired player just complained on Steam forum that the "Fog of War" is far too bright for him. I think that he refers to the hidden map (unexplored map) rendition by a whitish heavy cloud cover.

He could always use the game setting to start with a revealed map, and this wouldn't be the same game.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I expect this issue to be solved by "just" changing one "texture" graphical file (altering some hue/saturation parameters).

If possible, there could be even two mods: "Darker Hidden Map", and "Even Darker Hidden Map", the later being almost black (and ugly).

Moreover, and I don't know if it's possible, an interface modder could integrate these replacements into the Game Settings view so that they become options at map generation (would a separate mod still be required to play any campaign, though?). If so, the Cloud Be Gone mod could even be integrated as well!