[Mod Release] XLRP - 1.4b HF3 released (3030, 3049)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
quick question, does anyone experiencing the endless loading issue? I no longer had the problem with the salvage screen, but occasionally, I get this load forever missions. The only option is to Alt+F4 and restart the game.

Something seems to be very off with the rarity tables, by the way, i keep encountering the special named one-off variants and SLDF mechs on almost every mission, sometimes full lances of just these mechs. I don't understand how rarity is supposed to work with JK_Rarity, so i can't really fix it myself. Is anyone else having that problem or did i install it wrong somehow?

I have really not pay attention to those one-off variants, but I do have encounter an increase number of SLDF mechs. Not that I am complaining as I have an SLDF Catapult and a Wolverine on my mech bays... have a couple of pieces from a Thunderbolt and an Archer that I am looking forward to complete

@XTRMNTR2K ... good morning. hope you are doing well. I just want to share something with you... I have been trying to install the raid flashpoint from @Amechwarrior, which is suppose to work since you I believe included the CAB as part of the XLRP. Apparently the raid is not loading.I sent @Amechwarrior a copy of the modtek log file and there are some loading errors, which attribute to some implementation issues. Here is the log in case you are in fact using the CAB as part of your mod

Attachments

• ModTek.log
    1,4 MB · Views: 30
@XTRMNTR2K .... good morningm hope you are doing well since we have not heard from you in a while. Anyway I wanted to share a new "bug" I encountered with the mod. Besides sometime getting stuck in an endless loading loop, now sometimes you can load the game and when the Leopard drop your lance, the lance stay there, no movement and no typical mission brief from Dario.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    760,1 KB · Views: 23
Hey guys,

XTRMNTR2K is out of the hospital, but is still very unwell (but he assures me he is getting better). The wording he used was "gravely ill", but "A bit of improvement recently". He just needs some time to recover, as managing the mod is obviously a lot of work and I think he'd rather just mindlessly play some games while he is in recovery. So he won't be around for a while. He needs a stress free environment and as any modder knows, a lot of stress comes with having a major mod pack and interacting with the sometimes quite demanding public.

Very understandable if you ask me.

He said he really appreciates everyones concern, especially mine XD.

Last edited:
Good day gentlemen, have anyone has anymore news on the condition of our mod maker, @XTRMNTR2K? Sincerly hope the man is recuperating and taking care of himself... just thought to ask how is he doing in case anyone does.

So, uh, hi.

Yes, it's me. Yes, I'm still alive.

Without going much into detail about what has happened in the last ~1.5 years, it's been a hell of a ride. Health aside, other things demanded my attention, and I just didn't have the time, energy or motivation to continue working on the mod. In fact, I didn't even have the game installed on my computer anymore until a little over a week ago (despite getting Heavy Metal a while back when it was on sale).

Long story short, a little over a week ago someone asked me if I intended to release an update for the mod (for BT 1.7, though?) and I thought "what the heck" and re-installed the game. After getting an overview of what other mods that were part of the XLRP package were still compatible or being updated (or finding suitable replacements) I started configuring a package of these for use with the base game, updating settings where needed, etc.

And then, after two days of work I just thought I'd try and load XLRP just for shits 'n giggles. Lo and behold, I was greeted with that all too familiar XLRP title screen. AWS-8Q, erm, awesome I mean! I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit emotional for me. *sniff*

So how broken was the mod?

Well, on a scale of 1 to 10 of how broken the mod was I would give it a solid 9. Of course I have been relentlessly at work over the course of the last week, so I'm now - optimistically - down to 8. Maybe.

Anyhow, in case anyone still cares about the mod (at least I do...) or remembers the old fart that is me, I intend to get XLRP back into a working state again. The very least I intend to do is adapt it to its new environment (lots of changes to MechEngineer, Custom Components, err, Bundle, and last but not least BATTLETECH itself and the release of Heavy Metal). So far I have focused exclusively on the 3030 part of the mod (which is the majority of it, anyway).

As for Heavy Metal, the mod will require all three major DLC expansions from now on; though era-inappropriate equipment such as UAC10s and LBX20s won't make an appearance in the mod. Still pondering what to do about those COILs, though. Haven't even tried them yet.

Anyway, on the off chance that someone reads this (and the even lesser chance of someone knowing what this is about), XLRP is (sort of) alive, as am I.

P.S.: I have been meaning to release another BATTLETECH-related project for a while now. Never got around to it for some reason. I'll need to make sure it doesn't collect any more virtual dust that it already has. And no, it's not a mod, it's something else. Just thought I'd pique everyone's curiosity. :D

• 6Like
Reactions:
Good to hear you are doing ok! XLRP was the only mod I really liked. Thanks for taking another stab at it. When you get it going again, I will be definitely firing the game back up again and have some nostalgic fun!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Glad you're back.

I'll be interested to see your surprise revealed.

• 2Like
Reactions: