[Mod Release] XLRP - 1.4b HF3 released (3030, 3049)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Guys, are the installer packs working for you guys? I just did a clean uninstall with Edmons guide, then reinstall and the Installers say" I dont have a mods folder. Create anyway?" I select yes but nothing happens.

The installer seems to work, but my mods folder is not touched. If i delete the mods folder. Nothing happens :D

What am I missing here?

Guys, are the installer packs working for you guys? I just did a clean uninstall with Edmons guide, then reinstall and the Installers say" I dont have a mods folder. Create anyway?" I select yes but nothing happens.

The installer seems to work, but my mods folder is not touched. If i delete the mods folder. Nothing happens :D

What am I missing here?
Check the install path. It probably says C:\Program Files\... instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\... where most likely your Steam folder is.

Do we have to install the additional mech chasis like we had to in the tutorial video Edmon made for the previous version?

I don't see a separate folder for the given mechs like we had before example: "XLRP_Warhammer" folder, and then we have to add the Downloaded "Warhammer" folder under "mods" too.

Do we have to install the additional mech chasis like we had to in the tutorial video Edmon made for the previous version?

I don't see a separate folder for the given mechs like we had before example: "XLRP_Warhammer" folder, and then we have to add the Downloaded "Warhammer" folder under "mods" too.

Nope, but you need the Community Asset Bundle from nexusmods, everything is included there.

Good morning gentlemen... I just have a comment, maybe some food for thought....as most of you know, some of us have experience problems with the salvage screen forcing, again, some of us to delete the folder from the mod.... well, after looking at some comments here, I decided to re-insert the mod folder back and since then, even when I forget to save the game before the last mech is destroyed, I have not have had any issues.... So could it be that the salvage screen works best when installed last? Could it be something that gets installed after that specific folder, overrides or cause the strange behavior???

I've deleted custom salvage, but after initial success, I've recently had problems with the recovery screen in every second/third mission.
Other question (again):
In the middle of the Game, the Game reacts from one moment to the next without Mouse Clicks. Only with the ESC Key I come into the Menu, can save and reload this score, only then I can continue to play normally.
This happens in almost every Mission now :-(
Does anyone have a similar Problem?

gentlemen good morning... there is a new update version of the cfixes releasesd.... since this is part of the mod, can it be update individually or have to wait until the next update is release

I wanted to start with the mod, but when I open the advanced difficulty options for the campaign, I don't know what to pick in some cases. Is there documentation available on what some of the options mean? It's kinda hard to tell whether I want difficulty Warlord, Clanner, 'Tis nothing or something else, without knowing what the options actually mean. Same with medtech skill and mechwarrior exponent.

Is baaack.... The never ending bug that wom't allow you to complete a mission is alive and well. Playing the Steel Beast mission II, I kill the guards, destroyed the towers, secure the area by eliminating the reinforcements and nothing .... almost to turn 30 still no mission completed. Has anyone encounter this? How is it solved?

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    843,4 KB · Views: 8
Is baaack.... The never ending bug that wom't allow you to complete a mission is alive and well. Playing the Steel Beast mission II, I kill the guards, destroyed the towers, secure the area by eliminating the reinforcements and nothing .... almost to turn 30 still no mission completed. Has anyone encounter this? How is it solved?

This is caused by one feature of the mod BattletechPerformanceFix, I had this issue as well when using it in vanilla.
You just need to edit the file "BATTLETECH\Mods\BattletechPerformanceFix\Settings.json" and set "ContractLagFix" to false.

No need to completely restart the mission, just load a save that was before the trigger for mission end, such as killing the last enemy, and it should work fine.

(It would be nice if XTRMNTR2K could set it to false by default in XLRP until fixed)

I wanted to start with the mod, but when I open the advanced difficulty options for the campaign, I don't know what to pick in some cases. Is there documentation available on what some of the options mean? It's kinda hard to tell whether I want difficulty Warlord, Clanner, 'Tis nothing or something else, without knowing what the options actually mean. Same with medtech skill and mechwarrior exponent.

I'm curious about that as well, I just started playing the mod (3049 career) and it feels a bit too easy currently, I quickly acquired some very powerful light/medium mechs (like after 5 half-skull missions) with came with technologies such as ECM, XL-engines, double heatsinks cooling systems, endo-steel armors, and other stuff. Also it's quite easy to acquire that combat computer that does -3 heat to all weapons (and uses 0 tons for some reason), so now I have a kind of OP very fast light mech with 9 M-Laser, very heat efficient, and with a decent armor as well.

Last edited: