[Mod Release] XLRP - 1.4b HF3 released (3030, 3049)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@XTRMNTR2K Would you like me to put together an install video for this?

It's fairly straightforward I think, but I definitely wouldn't say no! :)
After all, not everyone is tech-savvy, and I'm sure some are scared by the prospect of installing any mods, especially those that depend on others to work.

Huh, come to think of it, it's not really that straightforward. Please do go ahead and make an install video. :D

EDIT: Or wait until 1.3 is released since it contains two more folders that are required for the mod to work. Just so people won't get confused once the update is out.

It's fairly straightforward I think, but I definitely wouldn't say no! :)
After all, not everyone is tech-savvy, and I'm sure some are scared by the prospect of installing any mods, especially those that depend on others to work.

Huh, come to think of it, it's not really that straightforward. Please do go ahead and make an install video. :D

EDIT: Or wait until 1.3 is released since it contains two more folders that are required for the mod to work. Just so people won't get confused once the update is out.

I can wait until your done with your v1.3 upgrade, no problem :).

Yeah, it isn't that straight forward when it requires installing lots of seperate mods and editing files XD. Have mercy on the new people :p.

Yeah, I think some installation tutorial would be handy. The mod looks great and I wanted to try it out. I have RTFM and I believe I installed everything according to instructions - i.e.the latest ModTek (0.7), CustomComponents, MechEngineer, DynModLib and most of the recommended mods excluding some new mechs and BattletechPerformanceFix (as it is replaced by BT1_4_MadlibsFix according to JK Rarity Tables). I edited the MechEngineer\Settings.json as instructed. I didn't know if I needed to make any tweaks to CustomComponents - the instruction on their side was not entirely clear to me so I just moved the whole folder to the Mods folder.

From the cursory look some options of the Advanced Difficulty Settings doesn't seem to work - I wasn't able to pick my starting mech. But the most important thing is that I encountered what seems to be an armor bug. When I wanted to add full armor to any of my mechs the ETA would be something like 100 days. This leads me to believe that I screwed something but I honestly don't know at what stage.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Advanced Difficulty Settings is causing the armor bug for me. After I removed it and deleted .modtek folder I started the game, let the game rebuild the mod cashe and the mech lab works fine (no ridiculous maintenance times anymore). I ran test campaign on default armor repair settings, I wasn't tweaking it in any way.

Last edited:
Hi, just have a weird bug, no more items in buying section in the shop. Do you have a solution?

Make sure you're not in a system that has the "uninhabited" tag. I think "token population" systems may be affected as well. Those have no stores available at all, but you can still recruit MechWarriors and conduct mission there.

Other than that, the stores only fail to load when there's something wrong with the itemCollections, iirc. Did you edit any of those? Or are you using any other mods that add things to stores?

Yeah, I think some installation tutorial would be handy. The mod looks great and I wanted to try it out. I have RTFM and I believe I installed everything according to instructions - i.e.the latest ModTek (0.7), CustomComponents, MechEngineer, DynModLib and most of the recommended mods excluding some new mechs and BattletechPerformanceFix (as it is replaced by BT1_4_MadlibsFix according to JK Rarity Tables). I edited the MechEngineer\Settings.json as instructed. I didn't know if I needed to make any tweaks to CustomComponents - the instruction on their side was not entirely clear to me so I just moved the whole folder to the Mods folder.
From the cursory look some options of the Advanced Difficulty Settings doesn't seem to work - I wasn't able to pick my starting mech. But the most important thing is that I encountered what seems to be an armor bug. When I wanted to add full armor to any of my mechs the ETA would be something like 100 days. This leads me to believe that I screwed something but I honestly don't know at what stage.

Any help would be appreciated.

Really important: Use the CustomComponents that comes bundled with MechEngineer. Do not use the standalone version. The standalone has been updated for the ME dev builds and will cause issues with ME 1.0.5.

That aside, check your Advanced Difficulty Settings - there is an option to modify the armor workload multiplier. I think the numbers for higher settings may be a bit borked. Oh, and make sure you are using this version of Advanced Difficulty Settings:
No tweaks to CustomComponents are necessary. In fact, I would suggest leaving it as is.

Did you start a new campaign or career? Choosing your starting Mech does not work for Career mode, as far as I know. It should still technically work for the campaign, however. This isn't related to XLRP, though - it's a limitation of Adv. Difficulty Settings and the main game.

I believe this mod may help you select your starting Mech in Career mode:

Haven't tried it yet, but it seems to be what you are looking for. :)

Many thanks for the quick reply. I started the career so it’s good to know that I need another mod or good old manual .ini tweaks to pick a different mech. I have the version of Advanced Difficulty Settings that you mentioned (the newest one?) as I was downloading all mods separately from nexus yesterday. When using this mod I noticed that it by default generates a lot of contracts. Would you recommend leaving this as it is? I am kind of leaning towards 5 contracts and 3 skull variance.

When I am back from work I will check the what version of CustomComponents I used.

Many thanks for the quick reply. I started the career so it’s good to know that I need another mod or good old manual .ini tweaks to pick a different mech. I have the version of Advanced Difficulty Settings that you mentioned (the newest one?) as I was downloading all mods separately from nexus yesterday. When using this mod I noticed that it by default generates a lot of contracts. Would you recommend leaving this as it is? I am kind of leaning towards 5 contracts and 3 skull variance.

When I am back from work I will check the what version of CustomComponents I used.

Keep in mind making friends and enemies among the factions will often deny you a lot of high-level contracts in the late game, so it may be better to have more than 5 generated per planet. Otherwise you may end up with only unavailable contracts once you are in hostile territory.

Sorry for your time, it's only me, i don't read the tags on planets.

No problem. It's happened to me quite a few times during development. Always thought I broke the stores (again!) only to find out the system is uninhabited. :D

That aside, check your Advanced Difficulty Settings - there is an option to modify the armor workload multiplier. I think the numbers for higher settings may be a bit borked. Oh, and make sure you are using this version of Advanced Difficulty Settings: https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/248

Advanced Difficulty Settings is causing the armor bug for me. After I removed it and deleted .modtek folder I started the game, let the game rebuild the mod cache and the mech lab works fine (no ridiculous maintenance times anymore). I ran test campaign on default armor repair settings, I wasn't tweaking it in any way. I updated my original post with this info.

EDIT: typos

Advanced Difficulty Settings is causing the armor bug for me. After I removed it and deleted .modtek folder I started the game, let the game rebuild the mod cache and the mech lab works fine (no ridiculous maintenance times anymore). I ran test campaign on default armor repair settings, I wasn't tweaking it in any way. I updated my original post with this info.

EDIT: typos

Thanks for letting me know.

Come to think of it, I switched over to the "cheat" setting for armor repair times because I was seeing unusually long repair times as well. Not sure if the problem is with the mod or the game, though; I remember seeing something about an issue with the values (that only show up when it is multiplied).

Thanks for letting me know.

Come to think of it, I switched over to the "cheat" setting for armor repair times because I was seeing unusually long repair times as well. Not sure if the problem is with the mod or the game, though; I remember seeing something about an issue with the values (that only show up when it is multiplied).

Glad to be of help. I also read somewhere on reddit that in RougeTech some people had the same or similar bug and it was connected to the armor repair mod or lack thereof. I'm not a modder (just a tweaker :)) and I haven't played RT so I'm not sure if this helps but maybe it's a clue as to why Advanced Difficulty Settings don't work in your mod.

Also, I have a few more questions:
1) Since many mechs have now tweaked or upgraded weapons by default is there any reason not to tick "no rare salvage" in the options?
I am guessing that if the non-standard weapons were on mechs I will get them in the loot table anyway. They just won't be magically upgraded to some other +++ variants. Will I get the gyros and arm mods etc. if I have "no rare salvage" on?

2) Every time I make some little supposedly unrelated tweak in the mod options when I load a save my lose all their equipment.
For example, yesterday I changed some values in Attack Improvement Mod and I ended up with empty mechs. Is it a known issue and is there any workaround?

1) Since many mechs have now tweaked or upgraded weapons by default is there any reason not to tick "no rare salvage" in the options?
I am guessing that if the non-standard weapons were on mechs I will get them in the loot table anyway. They just won't be magically upgraded to some other +++ variants. Will I get the gyros and arm mods etc. if I have "no rare salvage" on?

I'm not exactly sure *how* the option works, so I can't be fully sure, but I assume it is like you said; you'd still be able to get the stuff that was in the Mechs and vehicles you destroyed, just no upgrades beyond that.

However, + and better stuff should still show up in stores just fine.

2) Every time I make some little supposedly unrelated tweak in the mod options when I load a save my lose all their equipment.
For example, yesterday I changed some values in Attack Improvement Mod and I ended up with empty mechs. Is it a known issue and is there any workaround?

Sounds like you have the standalone of Custom Components installed. Delete it and use the one that comes with MechEngineer. I've had the same issue. It's not related to your tweaks, at least I don't see how it should be.

Mhhh ... Weekend is on the doorstep ...
And I had such a great desire for Battletech with XLRP 1.3 to play ...
:);):rolleyes:

I don't know about you, but I prefer polished and bug-free releases. :p

Sounds like you have the standalone of Custom Components installed. Delete it and use the one that comes with MechEngineer. I've had the same issue. It's not related to your tweaks, at least I don't see how it should be.

Yep, I somehow messed it up. Custom Components that came with MechEngineer work fine, thanks.

Yep, I somehow messed it up. Custom Components that came with MechEngineer work fine, thanks.

Glad to hear it's working now. :)

Regarding XLRP 1.3, I am currently aiming for a release early to mid next week. Unless something horrible happens, so let's hope it doesn't. :D

There is an issue with +1 initiative gyros - the ones that you can for example find on Cicadas. In Mech Engineer the default stability is set to 1 and basic gyros provide 40 stability so when you lose them due to crit you lose all stability. Modified gyros don't provide 40 stabilty so you don't have any stability be default. Once anything causing stab damage hits a mech it becomes unsteady. I have only tested the new gyros that give +1 to initiative. I believe they need this stab bonus to function properly with Mech Engineer. I haven't tested other gyro upgrades but the issue might be similar.

There is an issue with +1 initiative gyros - the ones that you can for example find on Cicadas. In Mech Engineer the default stability is set to 1 and basic gyros provide 40 stability so when you lose them due to crit you lose all stability. Modified gyros don't provide 40 stabilty so you don't have any stability be default. Once anything causing stab damage hits a mech it becomes unsteady. I have only tested the new gyros that give +1 to initiative. I believe they need this stab bonus to function properly with Mech Engineer. I haven't tested other gyro upgrades but the issue might be similar.

Great catch! This should be fixed in 1.3. :) (And you'll be credited with finding it in the first place! :D)

Since I can't find if any of the vanilla gyros are in fact modified by MechEngineer I believe that this affects *all* upgraded gyros when using MechEngineer unless a specific fix is implemented. Huh, and I was wondering why my Mechs were knocked down so easily during my Career...

EDIT: Seems the fix wasn't as straightforward as I thought. For some reason the +40 stability isn't added; so pilots with less than 4 piloting skill have just 1 base instability threshold, since level 4 sets the instability threshold to 60.

EDIT2: Silly me, forgot to add the actual effect to the Friedhof Butterfly Gyro. :confused:

Last edited: