The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.
It's fairly straightforward I think, but I definitely wouldn't say no!
After all, not everyone is tech-savvy, and I'm sure some are scared by the prospect of installing any mods, especially those that depend on others to work.
Huh, come to think of it, it's not really that straightforward. Please do go ahead and make an install video.
EDIT: Or wait until 1.3 is released since it contains two more folders that are required for the mod to work. Just so people won't get confused once the update is out.
Hi, just have a weird bug, no more items in buying section in the shop. Do you have a solution?
Yeah, I think some installation tutorial would be handy. The mod looks great and I wanted to try it out. I have RTFM and I believe I installed everything according to instructions - i.e.the latest ModTek (0.7), CustomComponents, MechEngineer, DynModLib and most of the recommended mods excluding some new mechs and BattletechPerformanceFix (as it is replaced by BT1_4_MadlibsFix according to JK Rarity Tables). I edited the MechEngineer\Settings.json as instructed. I didn't know if I needed to make any tweaks to CustomComponents - the instruction on their side was not entirely clear to me so I just moved the whole folder to the Mods folder.
From the cursory look some options of the Advanced Difficulty Settings doesn't seem to work - I wasn't able to pick my starting mech. But the most important thing is that I encountered what seems to be an armor bug. When I wanted to add full armor to any of my mechs the ETA would be something like 100 days. This leads me to believe that I screwed something but I honestly don't know at what stage.
Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks for the quick reply. I started the career so it’s good to know that I need another mod or good old manual .ini tweaks to pick a different mech. I have the version of Advanced Difficulty Settings that you mentioned (the newest one?) as I was downloading all mods separately from nexus yesterday. When using this mod I noticed that it by default generates a lot of contracts. Would you recommend leaving this as it is? I am kind of leaning towards 5 contracts and 3 skull variance.
When I am back from work I will check the what version of CustomComponents I used.
Sorry for your time, it's only me, i don't read the tags on planets.
That aside, check your Advanced Difficulty Settings - there is an option to modify the armor workload multiplier. I think the numbers for higher settings may be a bit borked. Oh, and make sure you are using this version of Advanced Difficulty Settings: https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/248
Advanced Difficulty Settings is causing the armor bug for me. After I removed it and deleted .modtek folder I started the game, let the game rebuild the mod cache and the mech lab works fine (no ridiculous maintenance times anymore). I ran test campaign on default armor repair settings, I wasn't tweaking it in any way. I updated my original post with this info.
Thanks for letting me know.
Come to think of it, I switched over to the "cheat" setting for armor repair times because I was seeing unusually long repair times as well. Not sure if the problem is with the mod or the game, though; I remember seeing something about an issue with the values (that only show up when it is multiplied).
1) Since many mechs have now tweaked or upgraded weapons by default is there any reason not to tick "no rare salvage" in the options?
I am guessing that if the non-standard weapons were on mechs I will get them in the loot table anyway. They just won't be magically upgraded to some other +++ variants. Will I get the gyros and arm mods etc. if I have "no rare salvage" on?
2) Every time I make some little supposedly unrelated tweak in the mod options when I load a save my lose all their equipment.
For example, yesterday I changed some values in Attack Improvement Mod and I ended up with empty mechs. Is it a known issue and is there any workaround?
Sounds like you have the standalone of Custom Components installed. Delete it and use the one that comes with MechEngineer. I've had the same issue. It's not related to your tweaks, at least I don't see how it should be.
There is an issue with +1 initiative gyros - the ones that you can for example find on Cicadas. In Mech Engineer the default stability is set to 1 and basic gyros provide 40 stability so when you lose them due to crit you lose all stability. Modified gyros don't provide 40 stabilty so you don't have any stability be default. Once anything causing stab damage hits a mech it becomes unsteady. I have only tested the new gyros that give +1 to initiative. I believe they need this stab bonus to function properly with Mech Engineer. I haven't tested other gyro upgrades but the issue might be similar.