[Mod Release] Weapon Diversity 3025, with Shops, Salvage, and more! (Vanilla 'MechBay)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

7star

Private
Feb 20, 2019
Introducing Weapon Diversity 3025, downloadable from Mod Nexus here:
[Mod edit:no unapproved links]
This mod adds more than a hundred new weapon variants to the game, all canon for the 3025 era, and updates existing weapons models to reflect their correct names and manufacturers. Weapons include -, +, - +, - + +, and other exciting combinations making a more thought-involved outfitting of your 'Mechs in campaign or career mode!

Features:
All 'Mechs in the game carry their lore-proper weapons models and manufacturers in stock configurations, complete with adaptations of their lore-defined perks or drawbacks!

Supports popular 'Mechs added to the game such as those produced by Bloody Doves, Colobos, SloahmaJoe, and more!

All new weapon models appear randomly in shops based on their lore-defined rarity and quality, with prices appropriately adjusted!

Jamming for Autocannons! Using the WeaponRealizer mod, all autocannons feature a slight chance to jam, as is the case for all real-world ballistics. Some AC models in lore were known to have jamming/ammo feed problems, and so those select pieces have higher jamming rates than other ACs.

Half-ton ammunition available from shops. This one is a bit buggy, and sometimes you have to switch between screens to see and purchase the ammo.

Get on down to Mod-Nexus and get your copy!

PS
Users of this mod: please report any bugs, inconsitencies, typos, etc that you experience in the use of this mod so I may improve it in future releases.

Thank you,
The Weapon Diversity Team

Version 1.4.0.4 is out, fixing issues with shops, and resolving compatibility conflicts with the CustomAmmoCategories mod.

Head on over to Nexus Mods to get it!

Released a major update to Weapon Diversity 3025! Now with Rarity Tags support, thanks in part to the work of Justin Kase and co.

A number of fixes, additional weapons, additional manufacturer variants, and more. Head over to Nexus to see the details and download your copy!

Massive update to the mod today, 65 additional weapons, balance adjustments to support weapons, and better shop integration! Tested for full compatibility with BattleTech 1.5.0!

Released a major update today to Weapon Diversity 3025:
[mod edit: no links]

Used append for the itemCollections to increase shop compatibiltiy with other mods.
Re-balanced flamers based on testing and user feedback.
Added a number of variant support, and 13 new canon weapons.
And more!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will very happily vouch that the previous Double heat applied to target from flamers is apparently fixed.

YAY. so yea a light mech with 5 stock flamers isn't going to shut down it's target (it was kinda fun while it lasted, but yea, better now!)

I really like this particular mod. Recommend it highly!

@7star had to disable this mod after 1.6.2
really do miss it.
any chance for an update?

Huh. I've been having fits with my 1.6 mod collection but not a single error have I traced to this mod. Try playing with your load orders, put WD after everything that adds mechs. Not saying it will work, this mod may be causing my problems, but nothing in my logs indicates that.

Huh. I've been having fits with my 1.6 mod collection but not a single error have I traced to this mod. Try playing with your load orders, put WD after everything that adds mechs. Not saying it will work, this mod may be causing my problems, but nothing in my logs indicates that.

reason i had to disable this mod was because it needs weapon realizer to work and wr is borked in 1.6.2

Ah. If you don't live on the modding discords, it's really easy to miss the fact that the WR modder had to take a break and Kmission of Combined Ammo Categories took over. And bundled both WR and AIM into CAC. Someone else forked WR and made a new WR only release, but since I was using both CAC and AIM anyway I stayed with CAC. Open up the WD mod.json and delete the dependency on WR and you're good to go.

Ah. If you don't live on the modding discords, it's really easy to miss the fact that the WR modder had to take a break and Kmission of Combined Ammo Categories took over. And bundled both WR and AIM into CAC. Someone else forked WR and made a new WR only release, but since I was using both CAC and AIM anyway I stayed with CAC. Open up the WD mod.json and delete the dependency on WR and you're good to go.

i need to find the forked WR then...will go look for it.
while i love what CAC is doing.....i cannot seem to get CAC running without issues as a stand-alone.
if it is rolled into an overhaul mod...then it works.

I've had several issues with the sample Mechs in CAC that show off the various effects, found it better to delete them.

I updated Weapon Diversity 3025 for full compatibility with BattleTech Extended, as well as an updated Vanilla version.

They rely on CustomAmmoCategories rather than WeaponRealizer now as of several versions ago, I'd just forgotten to update this thread..