• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There are couple of reasons "why" this is the way it is.

BT weapons dont really generate Heat when fired. They require a bit of Electricity, which is produced by the Fusion Engine. The high amount of power needed also increases the Heat of the Fusion Engine, that is why the Pilot feels Heat in the Cockpit when he fires arm weapons.

In BattleTech, you could argue that the Launcher itself requires enough electricity to generate 2 heat when fired. This could be because weapons are not mounted on the frame, they are mounted and moves with Myomer muscles that need Electricity (this is confirmed in the old sourcebooks - and also the reason why the AC20 generated so much more heat then all other ballistics). Of course part of the Heat is still the projectile.

In case of SRMs, i chose to use 2 Heat per missile and 2 for a launcher, resulting in 6 for the SRM2, and 10 for the SRM4. The SRM6 is 14, so its a logical increase. The same is true for LRMs, but the increase is by 4 instead of 5. I chose this because it was easier to fix 2 values instead of 4. The base line is good enough, and you still have the massive inconsistencies with LRM10 and 20 weight compared to 5 and 15 launchers. And i will not touch weight of weapons, that invites a lot of problems.

Haven't tried it yet, but I like most of your changes just reading them.

Have you considered reducing the stability damage by one for each LRM/SRM? I think that might be a good change. I'm also thinking about reducing AC/5 damage to 40.

Finally I think the Pulse lasers/ER lasers/etc also need a heat buf

Nice work!

I think i dont understand your question. The AI values are not touched here. There are other modders who tackle this part. I mean - the AI uses the global weapon values. A hostile Mech has the exact same weapons as you. But the intelligence of the AI is still the same, since i dont make them more capable.

I hope you understand me because i dont know if i answered correctly.
So these values change the global weapon settings correct? The AI's mechs have the mods as well then?