[Mod Release] LOOK - Enhanced Weapon Normalisation

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Donvale

Major
11 Badges
Apr 30, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
I have released my first mod, yes it's yet another weapon balance mod! :)
It's slightly different in that I haven't really tried to resolve relative weapon type issue, all I have tried to do is normalise the enhanced weapons so they are a more consistent bonus (at about 10% per step) and to remove the few massively overpowered outliers.
The one big change this did result in is LRMs which are limited to +1 stab or dam (with another bonus replacing any lost bonuses) this is because the initial values are so low it is impossible to balance +2 for them (it's just too big a % increase!).
I have also buffed LosTec to fall between ++ and +++ levels.
That is all.
Nexusmods/265

Added to the mod list !

I think I am going to need to break out a new category for Weapon Balance mods alone.... ;)

Added to the mod list !

I think I am going to need to break out a new category for Weapon Balance mods alone.... ;)

Yeah this is number 5 just on Nexusmods :)
The LOOK at the front is just my surname as I will probably add a few other mods as well, I have a slight variation on AI modding and just the light touch game mechanics I use.
I am on macOS so I try and keep my changes pretty simple and I like to have as much of the vanilla game intact when I do things.

Yeah this is number 5 just on Nexusmods :)
The LOOK at the front is just my surname as I will probably add a few other mods as well, I have a slight variation on AI modding and just the light touch game mechanics I use.
I am on macOS so I try and keep my changes pretty simple and I like to have as much of the vanilla game intact when I do things.

I do the same, avoiding DLL edits and providing the manual file method - specifically for the Mac/Unix users ;)

Though I am on Windows 10 :D