[Mod Release] JK_SUCKos : Star System Coordinates Mod + Optional 16 new systems

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are you looking at making a dll for this to update the map?

@Justin Kase -- saw a mod on Nexus called "Open Map at a Point of Your Choosing", by Vulture82, with the following description:

"Spawns an event that let's you choose out of 3 options when to lift all travel restrictions.
No new campaign needed. Choice to immediately unlock the whole map always available."

Thought you might be interested given our earlier discusson of being able to "install" map changes to an ongoing campaign.

Thanks for that @Max_Killjoy !

I will check it out, though I am not sure if it will apply changes if systems are added/removed. That was the roadblock I was hitting :(

Thanks for that @Max_Killjoy !

I will check it out, though I am not sure if it will apply changes if systems are added/removed. That was the roadblock I was hitting :(

I don't know either, but I keep my eye out in case there's a key in one of these.

SUCKos 1.3.2 Test

I adjusted the coordinates to match up with Sarna again - but this time in a ModTek/BTML format mod. I also tossed in the cFixes Star System fixes (things like spelling Camadeierre correctly or fixing Concordat in several systems) to help with the odd ModTek merge mismatch thing (for now)

There is a 2nd folder in there (JK_starsystems) that would add 16 more systems (all detailed). That can be activated by switching the mod.json file for the one that says "Activated new systems and Coord fix".

Please Note : Those 16 new systems will not appear in ongoing career mode, but they might appear in Campaign mode after a map change milestone (they used to, but I haven't tested that yet).

If you activate it and start a new campaign, the new systems will appear. That campaign will then NEED these systems to work, otherwise the save game will be invalid.

Hopefully, at some point, someone will figure out how to make the game ignore missing systems that are removed from the game. Then we could do things like remove the old starsystemdef_Camadeirre.json file and add the corrected spelling for starsystemdef_Camadeierre.json. And this would also allow map mods to be used or removed (as long as you weren't parked at that world).

I did a successful test run with the 16 systems, by starting a new Career, then switched over and played my normal Career (where those 16 systems were not visible) and then went and removed the mod. The new Career would not load (due to missing those systems ) but my old Career still loaded fine.

The mod as is - with just the starsystem folder being activated works perfectly fine, and if it is removed, all that happens is that the systems shift back.

Attachments

• JK_SUCKos.zip
    56 KB · Views: 18
1.3.2 has been posted up to Nexus mods with some new notes. It is basically the same file as above, but with a better readme.

Can we get confirmation whether or not new systems will appear in an existing campaign after a map update story milestone?

Can we get confirmation whether or not new systems will appear in an existing campaign after a map update story milestone?

I am playing through the campaign with it now - I should know this eve or tomorrow (once I log some more time)

This mod is compatible with 1.5.1 ?
And / or is incompatible with any specific mod ?

I was actually thinking about uploading an updated version this past weekend - even though there aren't any changes. Just thought it would put people's minds at ease to see the 1.5.1.0 name.

But, there should be no issues leading this version.

The mod goes in and changes the coordinates and in a few instances the descriptions (to fix Concordant for example). There is one instance where I change the world name in the file - but not the file name.

The 16 extra worlds work as well, but if you start a campaign with them, you can not easily remove them.

There is a change coming in the main game for 1.6 or 1.7 that may change how this functions, making it easier to add/remove systems and factions.

Version 1.5.1.0 is out - no real changes, just updated the page so people saw that it was up to date (thanks @PauloBrito for the idea).

Attachments

• JK_SUCKos.zip
    510,7 KB · Views: 8