[Mod Release] JK_SUCKos : Star System Coordinates Mod + Optional 16 new systems

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
would love to see the whole Inner Sphere and Deep Periphery mapped out. If you can make a template on what parameters are needed in order to include a system in the game I could help fill them up for you. I could also work on creating "recharging stations" that would allow players to reach the systems that are beyond 30LY away. Though, I'd imagine that would be costly and time consuming.

(note : the white star system to the left of Menion is "Flannagan's Nebulea" as a system. I am thinking about modding that to become Menion instead and shifting the coordinates)

You could Rename that to "Hyades Cluster" to represent the three to four hundred of other stars (seen on maps as the smaller circle where Taurus, Ishtar, Samantha and Jamestown are). Those four systems are actually part of the Hyades Cluster but are (or were, depending on what map you're looking at) significant at one point in BT history. I believe the outer circle is Flannagan's Nebulea.

Between that and the Pleiades the volume of habitable worlds is just nuts...

I reset the game with the newest Beta (1.02) and restarted the campaign just to see if anything changed with the additional systems.

One thing I noticed, was a shifting when the map was redrawn after the first story point and the Restoration appears. Once again, the borderlines of the new area are distorted.

I also fixed a spelling error on 1 of the existing systems (Camadeierre) with just changing the descriptions.

Screen shot below shows the area of the Restoration and highlights Camadeierre (and a new system - Ordino - which is know for Ice and Pirates ;) )
Drift_Restoration.png

@Marcus Smythe : No, you are thinking of Zathras. Zathras is not Zathras, but it is Zathras. Zathras has always been there.

More seriously, Zathras already existed on the maps and even has a call out in the story line from Alexander and Kamea.

Right now I only added in 10 systems for the current game I am playing - all within the current star map boundaries (such as they are).

@Marcus Smythe : No, you are thinking of Zathras. Zathras is not Zathras, but it is Zathras. Zathras has always been there.

More seriously, Zathras already existed on the maps and even has a call out in the story line from Alexander and Kamea.

Right now I only added in 10 systems for the current game I am playing - all within the current star map boundaries (such as they are).

I missed the callout! Then again, I missed Zathras. But Zathras does not mind. Zathras trained in crisis management.

New version of the SUCKos is uploaded - you now have the option to continue to copy directly over top the existing files in //StreamingAssets/data/starsytem or to place it in the //StreamingAssets/mods/JK_SUCKos/ folder (which you would need to create!).

There is also a completely optional mod that would allow you to add 16 new star systems to the game. They are all detailed in the same manner as the rest of the star systems, and missions/stores/etc all work on them. HOWEVER, by adding in the systems, it slightly distorts the game map borders. Still trying to figure that out (if anyone else does, let me know), but haven't had much luck. That being said, they do work and are identified as the correct factions (and unlock at the proper times on the map). They are not a necessary part of the mod, but do show the beginnings of what could be done.

Enjoy!

https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/24

@JustinKase -- have you seen any sign of a way to unlock the wider galaxy before the end of the campaign?

@JustinKase -- have you seen any sign of a way to unlock the wider galaxy before the end of the campaign?

All the starsytemdef files have trigger points in them, which define when they apply and what phase they are available to be visted.

If you scroll near the bottom of a Star System file (lets say Alamagordo in Marik space), you will see something that says "TravelRequirements" followed by "Company" and then some requirement tags. The "map_travel_3" means it will be available once that potion of the storyline is hit (not Mission #3, but story arc 3 - which is after the story ends - IIRC).

There is also a tag at the top under items that identifies when the file is active (I think - still testing this), where it says 'planet_progress_3'.

In theory, you could change all of these to progress_1 and travel_1 and they should all be visitable. However, systems that have more than 1 file that refer to the ownership of the system changing would conflict if you changed them all to be the same phase (I believe).

Hope that helps Max!

All the starsytemdef files have trigger points in them, which define when they apply and what phase they are available to be visted.

If you scroll near the bottom of a Star System file (lets say Alamagordo in Marik space), you will see something that says "TravelRequirements" followed by "Company" and then some requirement tags. The "map_travel_3" means it will be available once that potion of the storyline is hit (not Mission #3, but story arc 3 - which is after the story ends - IIRC).

There is also a tag at the top under items that identifies when the file is active (I think - still testing this), where it says 'planet_progress_3'.

In theory, you could change all of these to progress_1 and travel_1 and they should all be visitable. However, systems that have more than 1 file that refer to the ownership of the system changing would conflict if you changed them all to be the same phase (I believe).

Hope that helps Max!

I'm looking more at some of the areas that don't change hands, but have stores with some of the more exotic gear.

Just seems odd that as a Merc unit we're completely locked out of even the other Periphery states.

@Max_Killjoy - You are correct.

At start it is 4 systems

Then after the first story point (after the Argo mission) it opens up the Frontier and a few Aurigan worlds .

This is followed by opening up more Aurigan worlds and the Taurian Concordat (though maybe the TC opened up in the last phase - so hard to recall :p )

There are a few storyline phases that see the borders change an planets become available (or not) in the Directorate.

Finally, at the end of the campaign, every world is open to visit.

The reason for the travel lock is in-game. StoryArc#1 = bank/crimelords. StoryArc#2 = patron. Once you 'own' your assets, everything else unlocks.

If you leave early, expect a visit from the Bounty Hunter to recover your debts! <not in game>

The reason for the travel lock is in-game. StoryArc#1 = bank/crimelords. StoryArc#2 = patron. Once you 'own' your assets, everything else unlocks.

If you leave early, expect a visit from the Bounty Hunter to recover your debts! <not in game>

That would be an awesome event / fight to work into the game :D

There is also a completely optional mod that would allow you to add 16 new star systems to the game. They are all detailed in the same manner as the rest of the star systems, and missions/stores/etc all work on them.
Could you clarify where exactly in the MetadataDatabase file we should be inserting the lines for the 16 new star systems to ensure they function properly? I wrestled with it a bit earlier today in Notepad ++ and I couldn't figure out where to place the new lines in that huge array of symbols and code.

I've got the other steps you've outlined set up just fine, but this last part is a bit complex. Thanks!

Last edited:
For the MetadataDatabase.db you should be using some sort of SQL editor. This should allow you to see a variety of tables. One of the tables is called "Tag". You click on that table, then click New Record for the number of star systems you are adding (add 16 new records for the ones I gave). You then need to enter the details in the correct columns (which you can refer to the spreadsheet I included in the mod to make sure you have it right).

You actually don't have to add them in, the systems will still appear, but show an error in the system details on the map. Not sure if it has any other impact - as I never tried to visit one when in that state.

Do you just have a vanilla copy of the game running? If so, I can post up an edited MDD file for you.

Do you just have a vanilla copy of the game running? If so, I can post up an edited MDD file for you.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm using all of your mods (variants + jenner & panther, minor adjustments, SUCKos starsystems), plus some of my own edits to a couple of the game constant files. I'm using the MDD file you included with your variants mod.

I'm certainly willing to grab a free SQL editor and figure out how to insert the 16 additional systems, but if you'd like to post an edited MDD file that includes them and all your mech/vehicle variants, I'd definitely be grateful. Thanks for the offer!

Works like a charm, thanks for helping me figure out my rookie mistake with editing the MDD file.

Just fired up a new campaign and located a few of your new systems on the starmap. Really dig the descriptions you've added for them (and for all those mech variants as well). Looking forward to whenever you get those vehicle variants to work in the campaign!

Very happy to hear! Glad you like the descriptions. I tried to be faithful to what I could find on those systems, but most of them were just a map object with not much more to go on. I'm working on expanding it further - asking @\/olt to assist me with catalogging a grid around the area and seeing what happens when we add in another 30-50 systems. Curious how it will react.

Please let me know if you run into any issues with the new planets or the map page in general. This is rather new territory for mods (from what I can tell) and information is ammunition ;)