[Mod Release] JK_MinorAdjustments - fixes some minor file / canon errors

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Justin Kase

Lt. General
44 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Island Bound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
This mod is intended to adjust some minor issues - nothing Terra shattering, but things I am adjusting on my personal copy and am sharing with the group.

These don't really impact game play all that much (other then adding the missing MG to the Bulldog), they are mostly cosmetic.

NOTE : This does impact Skirmish MP mode, as it sees these 'fixes' as potentially cheating/editing files. I will see if we can use a mod manager to implement a redirect instead for 1.03b - to make it easier to toggle back to vanilla mode.

Currently the adjustments are as follows:

Mechs :
  • Black Knight BL-6-KNT : Cosmetic : Updated files for the BL-6-KNT. This adjusts the in game notes and context to show it as a BL-7-KNT. No changes to chassis, weapons or anything else.
  • Black Knight BL-6b-KNT : Cosmetic : Updated files for the BL-6b-KNT. This adjusts the in game notes to refer to the modern 'Mech as a BL-7-KNT instead of a BL-6-KNT. It does not change any references to the BL-6B-KNT (which is the correct variant). No changes to chassis, weapons or anything else.
  • Commando COM-1B : Cosmetic : Updated files for the COM-1B to fix a typo where they refer to the model as the "IB" (that is an i, instead of a 1). No changes to chassis, weapons or anything else.
  • Commando COM-1B : File fix: Adjusted max head armor to 45.
  • Commando COM-2D : File fix: Adjusted max head armor to 45.
  • Spider SDR-5V : File fix: Adjusted max head armor to 45.
  • Griffin GRF-4N : Cosmetic: Updated files for the GRF-4N. Similar to the Black Knight, but this adjusts the 4N to instead show as a GRF-2N. No changes to chassis, weapons or anything else.
  • Thunderbolt TDR-5S : Cosmetic: Updated files for the TDR-5S to fix a typo in the Chassis file, changed it to now say "armed and heavily armored". No changes to chassis, weapons or anything else.
  • Highlander HGN-732 (all 3) : File fix: adjusted excess armor (above the max amount it should be able to get in Table Top) to be on the Rear torso instead.
  • Highlander HGN-732P : File fix: Equipment Adjustment: fixed loadout issues (HS & JJ in arms instead of Torso and Head)
  • Trebuchet TBT-5N : File fix: max CT armor to be 160 (instead of 120)
  • Atlas AS7-D : File fix: moved AC/20 ammunition up from the legs into the RT.
Vehicles :
  • APC_Vargr : File Fix: Based on the files, the Vargr appears to be a Heavy vehicle, but shows up as 50 tons (same as the Medium Sleipnir APC). Based on the internals, it looks like the tonnage should be 65 tons. This is still a somewhat impossible design with the TT rules for the speed it travels, though you can get close with a fusion engine. (the APC Sleipner also is not exact TT rules, but it could be made to be so if 1 ML was dropped - or by adding a Fusion engine ).
  • APC_Wheeled : File fix: the turret armor value was a bit high. Looks like it might have been from the Sleipnir. Then again, maybe the developers intended for the Turret to be that high *shrug*, but I adjusted my copy to match the stock statistics from the TRO value of 30 (instead of 120).
  • Bulldog : Missing Weapon : It was missing the Machine Gun. While the Chassis had the slot for it, the MG and Ammo was not in the vehicle file. So I added them in
  • Demolisher : Missing Ammo: Added missing 4th ton of AC/20 ammo. Also removed excess commas after Inernals values.
  • Scorpion : Weapon Location Adjustment :The MG was in the Turret, but should be in the Front. Moved it.
  • Striker : Stat Adjustment: Fixed Turret armor to be 110 instead of 120

Shops:
  • Shopdef_Mech_battlefield : File fix: Added missing comma
  • Shopdef_Mech_Davion : File fix: Added missing comma
  • Shopdef_Mech_Liao : File fix: Added missing comma
  • Shopdef_Mech_Marik : File fix: Added missing comma
  • Shopdef_Mech_Mech_2 : File fix: Added missing comma

Star Systems :
  • Camadeirre : Cosmetic: Changes the description and name to the correct spelling (Camadeierre), which is reflected in the Star Map.
  • MacLeodsLand : Cosmetic: Changed Concordant to Concordat in the description
  • NewGanymede : Cosmetic: Changed Concordant to Concordat in the description
  • NewVandenburg : Cosmetic: Changed Concordant to Concordat in the description
  • Renfield : Cosmetic: Changed Concordant to Concordat in the description
  • Samantha : Cosmetic: Changed Concordant to Concordat in the description
  • Taurus : Cosmetic: Changed Concordant to Concordat in the description

Weapons:
  • SRM6_2-Holly : Stat Adjust: Appears to have a type giving it -5 accuracy, instead of -2.
  • LRM5_2-Delta, LRM10_2-Delta & LRM15_2-Delta : Stat Adjust: all have the incorrect Instability values. Based on the +2, it should be a 4 (as it is on the LRM20_2-Delta) instead of 5.

Contract:
  • contract/story_5_servedcold : Cosmetic: in both the Default and Template versions of the file, it refers to Lord Karosas' son having died - when it was actually his daughter.

Pilot:
  • pilot_backer_Brown : Cosmetic: Typo in the description. Change ambivalence to ambivalent.

Lore :
  • Lore Great Houses : Cosmetic : This is just my OCD, I adjusted the order of the great houses going counter clockwise so they fall in order.
  • Lore Successor State : Cosmetic : Same as above

In my case, I copy these files directly over the existing files - but I will work on fixing it so these fall into the mod folder in the future.

Anyone have any other minor adjustments?

They can be found on the Nexus Mod site, or on my Google Drive here.

Last edited:
Reserved for now - though I doubt I will ever get to needing 2 posts worth of details :p

Access to your google drive is denied. I think you need to open it up for public viewing.

Last edited:
Excellent - please make sure to backup the files prior to applying - though this is a minimally invasive mod.

Updated to version 1.02 and added in a few more minor adjustments.

Why did you change the BL-6b-knt to read as bl-7. The 6b in game has 13 tons of armor, LPL,ERPPC, double heatsinks, and is only missing the beagle. So this is a real 6b-knt, also note it comes from SLDF cache

So, in the description for the BL-6B-KNT, it has the following line :

The Black Knight 6B was the harder-hitting, cooler-running Star League ancestor to the standard BL-6-KNT we have today. It did everything the 6 does, but better...mostly thanks to its Double Heat Sinks, which are basically nonexistent these days.

I changed the reference to the "standard BL-6-KNT we have today. It did everything the 6 does" to refer to the 7 instead:

The Black Knight 6B was the harder-hitting, cooler-running Star League ancestor to the standard BL-7-KNT we have today. It did everything the 7 does, but better...mostly thanks to its Double Heat Sinks, which are basically nonexistent these days.

Hope that better clarifies things for you (and everyone).

NOTE : WarCottle on Nexus pointed out that I had missed that file (to give credit where it is due).

Edit : I adjusted the note after the BL-6B-KNT to be clearer (I hope).

EDIT 2 : OMG - the font size was so big! I really shouldn't post when using a cell phone :p

Last edited:
Prepping to upload version 1.03

Fixed a few more minor json file errors:

• Highlander HGN-732b - added missing comma

• Striker - Adjusted Turret armor to be 110 instead of 120

• Shopdef_Mech_battlefield - added missing comma
• Shopdef_Mech_Davion - added missing comma
• Shopdef_Mech_Liao - added missing comma
• Shopdef_Mech_Marik - added missing comma
• Shopdef_Mech_Mech_2 - added missing comma

Does anyone else have any other errors they noticed that I might add in?

Thanks!

Not sure if this is the already mentioned missed BL-6B-KNT description bit, or that one has already been fixed (and so this is another one), but the corresponding file in data\mech folder still refers to "the standard BL-6-KNT we have today".

Not sure if this is the already mentioned missed BL-6B-KNT description bit, or that one has already been fixed (and so this is another one), but the corresponding file in data\mech folder still refers to "the standard BL-6-KNT we have today".

That one should be taken care of already in 1.02 - but thank you !

The cockpit and gyro mods display a variable/placeholder in the in-combat popup, rather than the actual value.

<AMT>, I think it is.

The cockpit and gyro mods display a variable/placeholder in the in-combat popup, rather than the actual value.

<AMT>, I think it is.

Nice catch!

I am guessing they meant to set this as a variable within the individual files that would then adjust the description - the modValue variable seems like a good filler candidate. Figuring out what to do with it (just delete the [AMT] or see if something can be simply coded within the context of the individual jsons (as this looks like it also impacts the actuators and range finders as well).

Send along MW Callsign and name for future mod ;)

EDIT : So, in testing the device, by looking at it in the store, storage, MechBay and on the 'Mech, I don't see anywhere where the device calls that text. It seems to use the longer 'Details' further up in the 'Description'.

Last edited:
Someone in the "main forum" mentioned that the HGN-733P starts out with JJs in the arms when you first get it.

Might be worth looking into.

Someone in the "main forum" mentioned that the HGN-733P starts out with JJs in the arms when you first get it.

Might be worth looking into.

Wow, that is one of the most jacked up 'Mechs from the core files I've seen.

Looks like the torso items wound up in the arms, and an extra heatsink in the CT.

Fixed and adding.

Please toss me your MW Callsign and name for my next mod ;)

I'm picturing the the Highlander doing jumps Iron Man style, with the thrusters in the hands. :confused:

Thumbs up!

If you feel like adding a couple more fixes, I noticed that a lot of the Taurian planetary systems have descriptions that falsely call it the Taurian Concordant (extra n). I haven't gotten around to changing those in my JSON files, but it would fit well with your other cosmetic fixes.

@gruese - thanks, that should be easy enough to fix, and I'll also have to fix them in my SUCKos mod.

6 systems in total - most being in the Haydes Cluster / Flanagan's Nebulea - added them to the top and into the 1.03 update

You have a callsign and name I can add to the mod? ;)

I've been thinking about adjusting some to the misnamed star systems as well - ones that we know should be the older (or newer) name based on canon maps. But I am not sure what I am going to do with the systems that 'vanish' between the 2md/3rd Succession Wars and Jihad (Fronc Reach) times.

What I'd like to do, is make a mini-add on campaign that starts all those planets off as the old names, and during the campaign the names will change. Letting us be part of that story ;)

Last edited:
You have a callsign and name I can add to the mod? ;)

Just gruese, thanks!

I've been thinking about adjusting some to the misnamed star systems as well - ones that we know should be the older (or newer) name based on canon maps. But I am not sure what I am going to do with the systems that 'vanish' between the 2md/3rd Succession Wars and Jihad (Fronc Reach) times.

What I'd like to do, is make a mini-add on campaign that starts all those planets off as the old names, and during the campaign the names will change. Letting us be part of that story ;)

That mini-campaign sounds awesome. Would that be possible without decompiling the binaries?