• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Uploaded 1.1, hopefully the json formatting is better now. Moved non-new files to StreamingAssets for ModTek. And also added alternate chassis type for the Hunchback, Victor, and Bulldog.

Are you using the JK_Variants BTML/ModTek or the standard version?

One shouldn't preclude the other (standard mod v. BTML mod) - I have SUCKos hard coded in, while the Variants are currently setup as BTML.

But, I have heard that the harmony version in the new BTML doesn't play nice with all mods.

Is it just not showing the stuff in BTML in the campaign? Or causing an error elsewhere?

I either get the "framerate instead of the game" error or the JK variants don't show up in Skirmish/MechBay. Also, the Weapon_Diversity weapons don't always show up for the weapon stats (campaign or skirmish). Haven't done any missions yet to see if variants are showing up there.

Is this perhaps because JK_Variants and GT_WeaponsDiversity both edit the same .jsons and Modtek loads the last .json by name and whatever same files came before are overwritten and discarded? I had heard this is an issue where Modtek is unable to load two of the same .json files where only the last alphabetically is used. So in the case of mods that use the same json files, there will be a compatibility problem and a merged json will be needed.

Perhaps this is why when I tried using the Banshee Steiner version of JKVariants that it was black in the mechbay. I had to sell it and I havent been able to obtain another one for testing yet.

If this is true about modtek, this is a really big problem.

Is all of this lore and era approrpiate like with JK_Variants?

Is this perhaps because JK_Variants and GT_WeaponsDiversity both edit the same .jsons and Modtek loads the last .json by name and whatever same files came before are overwritten and discarded? I had heard this is an issue where Modtek is unable to load two of the same .json files where only the last alphabetically is used. So in the case of mods that use the same json files, there will be a compatibility problem and a merged json will be needed.

Perhaps this is why when I tried using the Banshee Steiner version of JKVariants that it was black in the mechbay. I had to sell it and I havent been able to obtain another one for testing yet.

If this is true about modtek, this is a really big problem.
I have been running both for a week or so, and once I realized that having 2 b.m.g files in the mods folder was a no-no, I have had no issues and both are showing up. Even in ways that JK may not want.

Is all of this lore and era approrpiate like with JK_Variants?

Yes, very at least as far as naming goes.

Basically this mod does two things:

1. It modifies the name and description of weapons HBS has in-game already (but does not change their stats or bonuses, etc.) so they are more accurate to 'lore' as far as the manufacturer and the model type given to it by a manufacturer. Occasionally there are liberties taken where the HBS SRM-2 (basic version) "Holly Derringer" is a real named thing in BattleTech, but the name applied to the HBS + version is made up like the "Holly Derringer DblTap"

2. It adds more of every weapon used in-game for 3025. Technically they are every single weapon produced canonically for all the Mechs and Vehicles in-game. These are usually all either -, - +, or + types and rarely + +, or + + +. I did this on purpose, since the overall goal for the 'Plus' version was to mount the correct model type of a weapon on a Mech or Vehicle according to its source information. The bonuses sometimes are based on written fluff, like a Defiance 'Mech Hunter made for at an Atlas lacked Cooling Jackets (when utilizing Design Quirks, this translates to +2 additional heat when fired) or the Aberdovey Mk. III Medium Laser which is very similar to other Medium Lasers but is far more expensive.

If I had taken the time, the source list would be pretty long.

Do you mind if I investigate incorporating this into my Modpack? It is dZ Consolidated Company Commander. It seems a great companion to JK_Variants.

I'd like to see GT and JK consolidate theirs, without disrupting the whole game's rule set. I suppose I can go through and manually merge the current versions of everything, to make sure there are no duplicate jsons and whatnot.

I think that will be the best solution, merging the mods, because I'm seeing weird things that are probably because someones .jsons are not loading. Ultimately, with the unconfirmed rumor that modtek cannot combine two of the same .json files and only loads the last one, what other choice do we have?

I think that will be the best solution, merging the mods, because I'm seeing weird things that are probably because someones .jsons are not loading. Ultimately, with the unconfirmed rumor that modtek cannot combine two of the same .json files and only loads the last one, what other choice do we have?
I'm interested in this so I will work on a combined implementation for my Mod Pack today. It should make it compatible outside my mod pack, too, or should at least be easy for me to make it that way. One caveat, though: I won't implement it without the explicit approval from @GenTask .

I think it is a matter of establishing the order of load within ModTek - and I think it can be further simplified by only including the differences in the 2 files.