[Mod Release] GT Technical Readout: Yet Another Variants Mod

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GenTask

Captain
3 Badges
Mar 16, 2018
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
Located here (for now): https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/91

WWlt9bE.png

Info Stuffs:

Standalone or Expansion Companion mod to JK_Variants and THI.

Currently for Skirmish Only. I may add some of these to campaign files, but most likely not anything with the game's intended timeline and not any of the One-of-a-Kinds.

Included in this mod:

Custom One-of-a-Kind Variants

Atlas AS7-D Danielle
Atlas AS7-WGS Samsonov
Catapult CPLT-C1 Jenny "Butterbee"
Dragon DRG-2Y Yorioshi
Dragon (Grand Dragon) DRG-1G Douglas
Griffin GRF-1E Sparky
Panther PNT-9R Tanaka
Stalker STK-3F Jagawen
Thunderbolt TDR-5S-T Tallman
Victor VTR-9B Li
Victor VTR-9B Shoji
Vindicator VND-1R Vong

Unique Models from Different Eras
Blackjack BJ-3 (3028, Fourth Succession War - Prototype)
Cataphract CTF-4X (3028, Fourth Succession War - Prototype)
Commando COM-1C (3020, Third Succession War - Prototype)
Firestarter FS9-A (2550, Star League Prototype)
Grasshopper GHR-5N (3040, Late Succession Wars)
Hunchback HBK-4SP (3025, Third Succession War - Limited First Production Run)
Jenner JR7-A (2779, Star League Prototype)
Locust LCT-3V (3004, Third Succession War)
Panther PNT-8Z (2739, Star League Prototype)
Panther PNT-9ALAG (2950, Third Succession War)
UrbanMech UM-R60 "Machine Gun Variant" (Capellan Field Refit, All Eras)
Victor VTR-9A1 (2508, All Eras - Unique Leg Mounted MG Model)
Wolverine WVR-6M (2816, Early and Late Succession Wars)
Zeus ZEU-6Y (2922, Third Succession War - Prototype)

Command Console 'Mechs
Atlas AS7-D-DC
Battlemaster BLR-1G-DC
Orion ON1-V-DC

Unique Weapons and Equipment

- Prototype Tronel Large Laser (required for PNT-8Z)
- Prototype Binary Laser Cannon "Blazer" (required for ZEU-6Y)
- Cockpit Upgrade Item Command Console (required for CC 'Mechs)
- Experimental Mod for Engine Heat Sinks (required for Shoji and BJ-3)

Differences with other mods:
- VTR-9A1 uses custom hardpointdata with Machine Guns strapped to its legs
- WVR-6M is based on its Record Sheet
- JR7-A is based on its Record Sheet (only 1 Large Laser), includes custom hardpointdata
- LCT-3V uses MG Ammo (1/2)
- COM-1C uses custom hardpointdata

Other Notes:

- Working on adding a few others and may include some in campaign with future version

Last edited:
I like the extra variants - nice :)

I like the extra variants - nice :)

Thanks. If you need assistance adding any of these to yours as a Skirmish extension, let me know.

A few probably would fit the 3025 campaign section or in shops, namely these:

PNT-9ALAG (Rare Combine)
UM-R60 "Machine Gun" (Common Liao) (Also if you like lore stuff, check yangs thoughts, had some fun with that one lol)
BJ-3 (Very Rare Liao) (Maybe if fudging the year, probably better for a hopefully future 3028 Expansion though from HBS)

I still have a bit more work to do, the UI doesn't fit "UrbanMech UM-R60 "Machine Gun Variant" very well, so I may change it to UM-R60 "MG"

To do list:

- Add JK_Variants to YAVM as "All-In-One" optional (everything combined), credits to @Justin Kase
- Adding the following as Skirmish additions: LCT-1V2, COM-4H, UM-R63, VND-1SIC, ENF-4R 'Daniel', HBK-4H Shakir, TBT-5K 'SnowBall I, II, and III', Grasshopper Reynolds, CPLT-H2, CPLT-K3, CTF-2X 'George'

Separate Mods I'm working on:

- Weapon Diversity Mod (Nearly done): changes to UI details that give the weapons HBS included less generic names and correct manufacturer and model names, while also including numerous other brand name Machine Guns, Flamers, All Laser Types, All Autocannon Types, All Missile Types. Many only have minor differences or price differences (I included over a dozen Medium Laser brands) and can be found from different faction stores, some are +, ++, +++ and also new -, - +, - ++ (where - indicates negative quirk applied), and sometimes extra details to their descriptions. Example of Negative Quirk: Custom 'KaliYama Class 10 Autocannon/10' series equipped by default to factory ON1-K/V's was notorious for having jams and the resolution was to remove 1 clip/salvo from the full ton magazine (19 instead of 20 shots), so the gun always has one less shot. (other negatives or positives used - negative or additional heat, additional range, ignoring evasive, no recoil, low cost, high cost, ubiquitous, combinations of crit/dmg/acc

- Pilot Mod: Adding all characters from Sword and Dragon, Wolf and Blake, and maybe Fist and Falcon

@GenTask - LOL, I was going to ask if you minded me combining our mod folders as well and including in your extra folders to point to everything ;) Was going to make a few minor adjustments (such as rename your Jenner to the the A1 (saucy!) )

I had finished up the ALAG (had this on my original excel sheet - but skipped it due to it being rather unique to the Amphigean Light Assault Group.

I also had done up the Urbie after you had alerted me to it (thank you again!) - since it didn't have an official name, I wound up calling the Urbie "UM-R60C" (for Cappellan). Was also trying to add the older U50 and see if we can make the model drop the arms.

The BL-3 I would likely just import directly from you, as I hadn't messed with it at all.

I am assuming you added in Rocket Launchers for things like the LCT-1V2 and COM-4H? Looking forward to playing around with them :)

Can't wait to see the weapon diversity mod (and the pilot mod), that sounds really interesting. For something like the Kali, did you make a new Ammo type that only allows 19 shots? Or how did you handle that? I also like the -/+ addition :D

Last edited:
I really wish the game tracked the 'date' then maybe we could trigger availability of 'Mechs based on what year it is.

@GenTask - LOL, I was going to ask if you minded me combining our mod folders as well and including in your extra folders to point to everything ;) Was going to make a few minor adjustments (such as rename your Jenner to the the A1 (saucy!) )

Can't wait to see the weapon diversity mod (and the pilot mod), that sounds really interesting. For something like the Kali, did you make a new Ammo type that only allows 19 shots? Or how did you handle that? I also like the -/+ addition :D

Combine away dude, no problem here.

For the Kali I made, there is a weapon setting that works exactly how it states "AmmoStartingCapacity" that HBS originally was just using for Flamers, but it works for other weapons that need ammo. So when used in conjunction with Autocannons and their AmmoBins, if you have 2 tons of ammo for example on a 'Mech, and you put "-1" starting capacity on the weapon itself it will subtract for the normal amount of rounds the ammo box has by default.

That is a really cool find! What happens if combined with a standard AC though? Does it still adjust the ammo box for the overall 'Mech (I assume it does). Just curious.