• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gandalf_The_Black

Princeps Walliae
41 Badges
Jun 2, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
The medieval era is nearing its end, and the world is undergoing considerable change. In Europe, the grip of medieval thought is loosening within the Italian Republics, as groundbreaking discoveries and rediscoveries are made. Interest in Europe's Roman heritage is growing once again, which is introducing floods of radical ideas. Advancements in architecture, philosophy, art, politics and even language are all happening at an alarming rate. Meanwhile, in the east, the last great Mongol conqueror, Timur, has carved out a huge empire for himself, sending the Golden Horde into chaos and threatening other great Muslim powers with destruction. Both the Ottomans and Mamluks are under attack from the Timurid forces, as he shows no sign of stopping his rapacious conquests. It would take death itself to put an end to that man...
20200808002836_1.jpg

At long last, Beginning of the End is available for you to try! If you want to read more about it, Dev Diary #000 explains the vision for the mod, and the subsequent diaries set out the vision for many different areas of the map. Here I will explain the contents of the mod available so far and what to expect over the coming weeks. (If you just want to download the mod, skip to the end!)
Over half of the map is playable, including, probably most importantly for most players, the entirety Europe and much of the Near East. The map below shows all the provinces (in red) currently selectable on the character selection screen (obviously theocracies and regular republics are still unplayable). As you can see, there is plenty available!
Map_kingdoms.png

Below, you will find screenshots of various parts of the map with links to associated dev diaries where applicable.
20200808004206_1.jpg

20200808004224_1.jpg

20200808004235_1.jpg

20200808004248_1.jpg

There is also some early content for the Renaissance. The screenshots below demonstrate some of the initial decisions, events and other flavour.
20200808004812_1.jpg

Embracing the Renaissance gives rulers access to unique Renaissance events and decisions
20200808004842_1.jpg

20200808005003_1.jpg

Currently "Commission a Classical Portrait" is the only unique Renaissance decision, but more will come!

20200808005156_1.jpg

20200808005601_1.jpg

Different portraits grant different effects. For example, the portrait of Archimedes gives 0.1 prestige/month, +1 learning and +15% technology growth

20200808013412_1.jpg

Some flavour when the influence of the Renaissance is strong enough within a state

Over the coming weeks, we will continue to fill out the map, as well as adding more content for the Renaissance! I look forward to hearing some feedback for this initial release of the game! We also have a subreddit, for those of you who would prefer to discuss the mod there.

DOWNLOADS:

The mod is available on Nexus Mods and the Steam Workshop

• 5Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Very nice but why tf is Slavonia part of the HRE?
The von Cilli dynasty owned that land- it is difficult to represent borders properly in CK2, and making that land part of the HRE isn't ideal or entirely accurate. They von CIli dynasty were kind of vassals of both the HRE and Hungary, so I had to choose one or the other. Since they were German, I went with the HRE, but I can definitely understand why it's weird!

why is Charles the IV called Wenzel - His name as an emperor of the HRE was Charles
He was baptised Wenzel, but changed his name to Charles on confirmation. I included a history entry for this, but it may have been overwritten.

nd

• 2Like
Reactions:
He was baptised Wenzel, but changed his name to Charles on confirmation. I included a history entry for this, but it may have been overwritten.

nd
No, he was named Charles by Charles IV of France (his uncle) whilst a ward at the French court.

Reactions:
How goes development? This mod is neat and I like it quite a lot. :D
We haven't been working on it recently for several reasons. I myself am at university now, so I don't have the time to dedicate to modding, and other members of the team have moved on for now.

We haven't been working on it recently for several reasons. I myself am at university now, so I don't have the time to dedicate to modding, and other members of the team have moved on for now.

A direct download here would be appreciated.

I'm not going to create a Nexus account and even pay for a proper download speed for one
and my Steam Workshop doesn't work anymore since the GUI change in december and taking the syncing option out of game settings.