[Mod Release] Armor By One - Increase/Decrease armor in increments of 1 instead of 5

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zuff

Recruit
20 Badges
May 11, 2012
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Magicka
  • Impire
  • Crusader Kings II
Edit
Seems like this mod isn't working as intended. The first increase or decrease removes/adds one, but the next will add/remove 4. Not sure how else to fix it as it must be in the .dll codes and I have no experience with that. If anyone has any tips please share.

Description
No longer fight with decimals trying to reach that perfect max tonnage! Lets you adjust armor values by one instead of five for the most control over your refitting. No longer will you be just under or over by 0.0625 of a ton!

Why use this?
This lets you hit the max armor button and then make fine adjustments afterwards without having issues running into decimals.

Here's a real world example I ran into which made me create this:
  • I have a Shadow Hawk with zero hard points equipped on the arms.
  • I want the arms to have some armor, but I must have max armor on the torsos.
  • Clicking max armor evenly spreads armor across all parts, which is fine so I'll just remove some armor from the arms and throw it in the torsos.
  • My arms are 41/55 (with 41 only being attainable from Max Mod button), so I click the "-" on one arm which drops it 1 (because it stops at every tenth and fifth) to 40. This brings my tonnage to 54.9375 (rounded to 54.94) / 55.
  • Now it becomes a game of remove and adding armor in various locations trying to hit that 55/55 tonnage. It's almost impossible if you're not hitting the Max Armor button. But since I'm trying to centralize my max armor it now becomes literally impossible to reach max tonnage. I can either be right below it or right over.
  • Being below max tonnage puts a warning sign on your mech and then it will never be auto placed in the contract lance deploy screen.
Instructions
Manually do it yourself

Change is made to MechStatisticsConstants.json found in:
Code:
BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\constants

Change the code on Line 5 from:
Code:
"ARMOR_PER_STEP" : 5.0,
to
Code:
"ARMOR_PER_STEP" : 1.0,

Or Just Download and Unzip
  1. Download it here.
  2. And drop it in the BATTLETECH folder and overwrite.
Credits
Thanks to /u/attrition0 for responding to my post here.

[Mod edit: no unapproved links, no reddit, github, or nexus ]

Last edited: