• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
New update which includes a rework of the remaining Italian parts of the HRE as well as an optimization of Italian bishophrics and cities.

Finished the new version 2.0 which includes a completely reworked HRE. The mod is now fully playable and allows for a superb gameplay as intended.

Recommendations:

Playing as the Duchy of Tuscany, Duke of Brunswick or Count of Weimar/Plauen/Meissen are very interesting options besides playing as the Holy Roman Emperor.

It is recommended to play this mod together with the latest versions of the mods: Bella Gerant Alii, CK2 Heraldry, Syren's Nickname Mod and Campaign Map - Culturally different cities.

Last edited:
Is it WAD that Hainaut isn't playable from 1070 onwards ?

EDIT
And Gelre, which is never playable.

Is it WAD that Hainaut isn't playable from 1070 onwards ?

EDIT
And Gelre, which is never playable.

The mod is only made for the 1066 scenarios. As many provinces have been realigned between different types of leaders, I had to modify the files. Modifying them for all other years past 1066 (and thus for all other scenarios that start later) will be a whole lot of work.. But I will look into this as the problem are the "title" files. The "province" files are actually reworked for all years until 1330.

I hope that you like the mod anyways ;)

The mod is only made for the 1066 scenarios. As many provinces have been realigned between different types of leaders, I had to modify the files. Modifying them for all other years past 1066 (and thus for all other scenarios that start later) will be a whole lot of work.. But I will look into this as the problem are the "title" files. The "province" files are actually reworked for all years until 1330.

I think the problem for both files is, that Hainaut from 1070 has a city as its capital (Valenciennes) and Gelre has a temple (Deventer) as its capital through the entire game.

I think the problem for both files is, that Hainaut from 1070 has a city as its capital (Valenciennes) and Gelre has a temple (Deventer) as its capital through the entire game.

Absolutely right. Due to the changes in the "province" files which really cover the period from 1066 to 1330, the types of province capitals also change according to their historical development (e.g., from barony to city).

Example:
You start a 1070 scenario with Hainaut. In 1066, the capital would be Avesnes (a barony). As this might have changed until 1070 and another city (Valenciennes) historically became the capital during this short timeframe, Hainaut would not be playable in a scenario starting in 1070 or later as the new capital Valenciennes would be a city. By the game mechanics of CK2, it is not allowed to play as a city state..

As I can see, you are from Zutphen and thus, would like to play as Gelre. There are 2 problems.

1. In 1066, the Barony of Zutphen was subordinated to the Bishop of Utrecht/Sticht. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grafschaft_Zutphen (in German) / http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graafschap_Zutphen (in Dutch which should say the same as in German)
2. Consequently, the Bishop of Utrecht/Sticht is the Count of Gelre. Due to the game mechanics of CK2, it is not allowed to play as a bishop.

How comes that you would like to play as Hainaut?

Vratislav from Gdansk reign Brandenburg from 1066 till 1337? I don't think so...

Hi brown 111, please do not use this mod for any other scenario starting after 1066. It is just intended for the 1066 scenarios.

Regarding the name of the ruler, I apologize but I had to take an existing ruler to within the Pommeranian characters file. This guy was the only free person available. He shall resemble the leader of the Liutizen (Polish: Wieleci) tribe which is resembled by Brandenburg in the game. And I think that he will die after a few years ;)

Maybe someone, maybe you, will create a good Pommeranian characters file. This would improve the mod :)

Last edited:
Absolutely right. Due to the changes in the "province" files which really cover the period from 1066 to 1330, the types of province capitals also change according to their historical development (e.g., from barony to city).

Example:
You start a 1070 scenario with Hainaut. In 1066, the capital would be Avesnes (a barony). As this might have changed until 1070 and Avesnes historically changed to a city during this short timeframe, Hainaut would not be playable in a scenario starting in 1070 as the capital Avesnes would be a city. By the game mechanics of CK2, it is not allowed to play as a city state..

As I can see, you are from Zutphen and thus, would like to play as Gelre. There are 2 problems.

1. In 1066, the Barony of Zutphen was subordinated to the Bishop of Utrecht/Sticht. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grafschaft_Zutphen (in German) / http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graafschap_Zutphen (in Dutch which should say the same as in German)
2. Consequently, the Bishop of Utrecht/Sticht is the Count of Gelre. Due to the game mechanics of CK2, it is not allowed to play as a bishop.

How comes that you would like to play as Hainaut?

Sorry I had no idea that your mod was only playable if you start in 1066. Maybe you should make that a bit more clearer.

It is strange that the county of Hainaut is not playable from 1070 onwards because you changed the capital to a city, which makes Hainaut a republic. Is that what you want ?

The same goes form the county of Gelre, which has as its rulers the counts of Gelre, but because the capital is a temple it is never playable. It is not like the bishops of Sticht were the liege of Gelre from 1066 to 1337.

But if this mod is only for 1066, then I understand.

Sorry I had no idea that your mod was only playable if you start in 1066. Maybe you should make that a bit more clearer.

It is strange that the county of Hainaut is not playable from 1070 onwards because you changed the capital to a city, which makes Hainaut a republic. Is that what you want ?

The same goes form the county of Gelre, which has as its rulers the counts of Gelre, but because the capital is a temple it is never playable. It is not like the bishops of Sticht were the liege of Gelre from 1066 to 1337.

But if this mod is only for 1066, then I understand.

Well you are a moderator of this forum right? :) So could you change the name of this thread from "[MOD] Reality Kings" to "[MOD] Reality Kings 1066"? This would be fine for me.

Apart from that the changes of province capitals as well as castles or bishophrics to cities, which I defined in the "provinces" files, do not happen within a game started in 1066. They just apply at the start of any new scenario past 1066.

Tkanks for reply. Simple question - I am going to start with 1066 scenario "William the Conqueror". Can I move history slider by 20-30 years ahead, or I can start only in 1066?
And... Do you live in Werle, Germany? Why this is the strongest province in all the medieval world - with 7 castles in X century?

Nice work, by the way ;)

Tkanks for reply. Simple question - I am going to start with 1066 scenario "William the Conqueror". Can I move history slider by 20-30 years ahead, or I can start only in 1066?
And... Do you live in Werle, Germany? Why this is the strongest province in all the medieval world - with 7 castles in X century?

Nice work, by the way ;)

Thanks! You better do not move the history slider :) Please stay in 1066 when start playing my mod (see my discussion with Veldmaarschalk above).

Regarding Werle, I have never been there, but it was the center of the Liutizen confederation and the baronies are all historical. The Western slaves simply did not like cities (none) or temples (just have 2 left in 1066 after the Saxons destroyed their major temple a little bit earlier). Apart from that, they resistet the HRE for about 100 years longer than 1066. So they must have been strong.

Hey! You said this mod includes the Poland Historical Fixes, right? There's one error though.

Jacwiez and Yavagi remains de jure part of Poland in this mod, while the Poland Historical Fixes actually makes them de jure part of Lithuania instead. :p

I decided to edit this real quick, since it was really easy and you just need to edit the Landed_Titles.txt. Could you include the file into this mod, pretty please? :happy: When you happen to release a new version or something, of course. I'll attach the files anyhow:

---> View attachment 50402 <---

Thanks for the hint. Actually, I removed some files as I feared that they would cause some imcompatibility with other mods. Anyways I also wanted to rework the De Jure Duchies of the HRE. I will release an update soon.

Edit: Just uploaded version 2.0a which fixes this problem and includes the latest version of the Poland mod.

Last edited:
Thanks for the hint. Actually, I removed some files as I feared that they would cause some imcompatibility with other mods. Anyways I also wanted to rework the De Jure Duchies of the HRE. I will release an update soon.

Edit: Just uploaded version 2.0a which fixes this problem and includes the latest version of the Poland mod.

Nevermind, don't use that file, Deserteur. It'll mess stuff up, since I noticed a few problems which I didn't think of before. I'm just a bit stupid, heh. :eek:o