• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Erilaz

Danskr víkingr
36 Badges
Feb 8, 2012
steamcommunity.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
Real Gjermundbu and Coppergate Helmets

Click on the image for more comparisons

Description:
Replaces the Norse and Anglo-Saxon helmets with real counterparts in high quality.

I made this for my Historical Immersion Project submod, Norse Heritage Overhaul - but it works equally well with Vanilla as long as you have the two required DLCs (Norse Portraits and Early Western Clothing).

Download Link*

Installation:

Extract into your "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod"-folder and select when launching.

Note: The mod does not change the checksum.

Compatibility:
The mod changes the files of Norse (pagan) and early Anglo-Saxon DLC headgear. It will overwrite or be overwritten by any other mod that uses the same files.

CPRplus - compatible as it is.

BLG - the helmets have been directly integrated into the main mod.

Note on usage:
Feel free to integrate the helmets into other mods and tweak them to your liking. Crediting me as the original creator will be appreciated.

*For those who prefer using Steam, the mod is also on the Workshop.

Attachments

• Real Gjermundbu and Coppergate Helmets20-03-20hotfix.zip
    414,5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I may update this soon, with a less shiny finish...

UPDATE:

The Gjermundbu helmet is now less shiny to fit better into the game, and the Coppergate has had the colour readjusted to look less rusty.

Hotfix: Patched a small gap that showed in the back of the mail on the Gjermundbu when beardless.

Download

Last edited:
Ok, that's amazingly good looking! Is it compatible with CPRplus or Better looking garbs though?

Ok, that's amazingly good looking! Is it compatible with CPRplus or Better looking garbs though?
I made it while I was still using CPRplus, so yes for that. I'm not sure about Better Looking Garbs, but it only changes the male and female headgear graphics for early Anglo-Saxons and Norse (Pagans). I'll check and update the thread with compatibility information.

I made it while I was still using CPRplus, so yes for that. I'm not sure about Better Looking Garbs, but it only changes the male and female headgear graphics for early Anglo-Saxons and Norse (Pagans). I'll check and update the thread with compatibility information.

Thanks mate ;)

Thanks mate ;)

All right, so BLG overwrites my files (since it uses the same graphic files as I do).

I won't be making a compatibility patch for it at present, but what I will do is allow others to use my creation. You can always ask the creator whether he's interested in integrating and tweaking my helmets so they fit into BLG.

There's now a "Better Looking Garbs" compatible version available (thanks to coercion by @greek strategos ;-) ).

There's now a "Better Looking Garbs" compatible version available (thanks to coercion by @greek strategos ;-) ).

Just try it guys! Both helmets are amazing. Especially the Saxon one is one of the best I have ever seen.

A small hotfix for the BLG version that moves the Saxon helmets a few pixels to try to cover up most hair styles (since hair isn't hidden in BLG when using a helmet):

Download

A small hotfix for the BLG version that moves the Saxon helmets a few pixels to try to cover up most hair styles (since hair isn't hidden in BLG when using a helmet):

Download

Thanks! Will try it ASAP!