• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

R00K

Corporal
38 Badges
Jul 22, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities in Motion
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
RPM.jpg
Purpose:
This mod makes various changes to the portraits(male only at this point) in Sengoku with an emphasis on facial hair. There are 12 layers to the Sengoku portraits (cools system, Devs!). Each layer barring the base, are shuffled and combined to create a fairly unique portrait for each character. What I have done is modify 10 of the layers (the background and base are untouched). I did not create complete portraits, but modify the bits that, together, comprise a complete portrait.

In Development (version .05): Only male faces are affected. The mod requires overwriting the original game files for now.

Coming soon: Female faces and daughter/son image.
Taking requests.

Installation:
The download contains 12 .dds files that must be copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sengoku\gfx\characters. It would be wise to back up the game files.

View attachment RPMv05.zip

I hope you enjoy the changes. Thank you to Paradox for creating highly enjoyable games that are fairly easy to mod.

If you wish to include this in another mod, feel free so long as you give credit.

Cheers,

R00K

Glad you like it. I will be posting an update tomorrow. I'm thinking about doing the female portraits from scratch. I have some source images, but I'm not sure whether to be a purist or a populist. I can go traditional 15th century or with the more recognizable 19th century look. Opinions?

ogawa_customs_manners_23-1.jpg
japan2racinet.jpg

I think the interface file is the key. You need to change the entry for mods. Please check my anime portraits in MIH for reference.

As for female cloths, both pictures are irrelevant for samurai women. The first woman wears traditional aristocratic cloth in the 11th century, and women in the 2nd image show their bourgeois custom in the Edo period.
I will search some pictures of historical dramas and send you them.

Well, some samurai women held court titles, so they would have at times dressed like the first photo. Hairstyles of samurai women in the 'Sengoku' game time period would have been largely unbound, long hair. Here's a screenshot of our avatar gallery from the Samurai Archives, with a bunch of actresses playing characters from the Sengoku-the few you see with bound hair are from Edo period dramas.

Hairstyles.jpg

I think the interface file is the key. You need to change the entry for mods. Please check my anime portraits in MIH for reference.

I will take a look. I would prefer that game files do not need to be overwritten.

As for female cloths, both pictures are irrelevant for samurai women. The first woman wears traditional aristocratic cloth in the 11th century, and women in the 2nd image show their bourgeois custom in the Edo period.
I will search some pictures of historical dramas and send you them.

That would be great. Also, if any of you have other suggestions, even for the male characters, I'm open.

Well, some samurai women held court titles, so they would have at times dressed like the first photo. Hairstyles of samurai women in the 'Sengoku' game time period would have been largely unbound, long hair. Here's a screenshot of our avatar gallery from the Samurai Archives, with a bunch of actresses playing characters from the Sengoku-the few you see with bound hair are from Edo period dramas.

Hairstyles.jpg

Thank you for this.

I've discovered a glitch where a when you load a save game, the portraits change. Is this typical or a problem with my mod? Any ideas? If there is someone out there who would like to aid me with code/troubleshooting, let me know. I'm able to do artwork, but that is about all.