• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Joel: I'm interested in working mostly on Spain right now, but those are some good ideas for a more general quest mod.

@Orinsul: I hadn't thought of that. Quite smart way to do it. I'll have to give it a try today and see how it works. Actually using location and physically moving there. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: already on page 2! Anyway, I spent all afternoon trying to figure out how to use location properly for my pilgrimage event series. I am uploading a new version that corrects the looping, and adds some more content. I'm trying to plot out a few features while they are fresh in my mind, then I'll come back and tighten up some of the earlier ones. In the next few weeks, I think I'll have the religious stuff about where I want it, at least for starters.

Last edited:
@Joel: I'm interested in working mostly on Spain right now, but those are some good ideas for a more general quest mod.

@Orinsul: I hadn't thought of that. Quite smart way to do it. I'll have to give it a try today and see how it works. Actually using location and physically moving there. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: already on page 2! Anyway, I spent all afternoon trying to figure out how to use location properly for my pilgrimage event series. I am uploading a new version that corrects the looping, and adds some more content. I'm trying to plot out a few features while they are fresh in my mind, then I'll come back and tighten up some of the earlier ones. In the next few weeks, I think I'll have the religious stuff about where I want it, at least for starters.

Who special coronation event for each crown of the three crowns, and if they have all three they get speical event to delcare themselfs Imperator totius Hispaniae.

As I think King Navarre Castile and Aragon own special knight order aswell for fight off the muslims.

Who special coronation event for each crown of the three crowns, and if they have all three they get speical event to delcare themselfs Imperator totius Hispaniae.

As I think King Navarre Castile and Aragon own special knight order aswell for fight off the muslims.

I'll add it to the list, Joel. Thanks, and hope you are enjoying my little mod.

I'll add it to the list, Joel. Thanks, and hope you are enjoying my little mod.

Thanks for the shout out I feel love. I did find book on google scholar on the coronation event for king maybe I could find something for the kings of Navarre, Castile and Aragon as well, finding the knightly orders will not be to hard unless you all ready now them.

For knightly once become menber your no longer diret vassal to the king but instead your direct vassal the grandmaster of the order, and from give it perment election system. Or could is elect event start off and depend on your relatonship with ever one has trait of knight trait you will be made succesor the grandmaster.

For example if your grandmaster you request men lord of realm, when do holy war you get crusader trait or holy knight trait.

Last edited:
I like the idea of giving the crusader trait to men fighting in the reconquista. I figured out last night how to redo the Order of Santiago's levies, and I am working on events to join the order as a layman. You would actually have to be in the order's court to be elected grandmaster, but I'll try a few things to make this work better.

The interesting thing about coronations is that each of the Iberian kingdoms had a parliament by about 1300 or so who had to approve of the king, and make him swear an oath not to increase royal authority.

I like the idea of giving the crusader trait to men fighting in the reconquista. I figured out last night how to redo the Order of Santiago's levies, and I am working on events to join the order as a layman. You would actually have to be in the order's court to be elected grandmaster, but I'll try a few things to make this work better.

The interesting thing about coronations is that each of the Iberian kingdoms had a parliament by about 1300 or so who had to approve of the king, and make him swear an oath not to increase royal authority.

That would be a very interesting feature to add.

Ramiro II was quite a character, elected king of Aragon as the Wikipedia entry says while a Benedictine monk. His brother Alfonso I had wanted to donate the entire kingdom of Aragon to the Templars. Ramiro leaves the monastery long enough to conceive a daughter, betroth her to the Count of Barcelona, and see to it that his son-in-law (and legally adopted son) inherits the kingdom whether Petronilla survived or not. Now that is full of ideas for a mod!

And the Bell of Huesca, well I forgot about that story. Sounds like it should be the basis for an ambition only open to independent rulers. Thanks for posting these. I appreciate it a lot.

Ive had an idea that might fit this mod. One i started on ages back actually but never finished so the works halfway done, the Order of Lazarus, being a Hospitaller Order founded in Jerusalem mainly composed of lepers. As this mod brings being a lay member of Orders into things it made me think itd suit it. Just the order as a standard order, but with a decision along side that would allow you to send any son or brother in your court who has the leper or syphilis trait off to the Lazarines, giving him the bastard and crusader traits and banishing him off to them. That way youd get rid of them and get the chance to see a son of your house be a grandmaster one day.

Also if you want fairytale stuff, Gawain and the Green Knight would probably make for a good event chain, you go wandering off to visit a vassal, seduce his wife, get a scar and get to come back alive with a tale to tell. Also, back in the day people were always wandering off looking for Rolland's sword Durendal, maybe an event to let someone find it could be good.

Sorry, Panjer. I changed the first post so that it is a bit unclear. I'll remedy that later on today.

I am overhauling the Iberian region, but making it as modular as possible. The focuses are on religion and political development in the peninsula and the western Mediterranean region, currently for the vanilla timeframe. I have so far added some content on Catholicism, like an event series to go on the pilgrimage of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, and you can join the Knights of Santiago, based in the Kingdom of Leon. In the last update, I gave Castilians their historical army setup--largely light cavalry.

In the next release, due out in a week or two, I will implement:
- an optional updated kingdom setup in Iberia, complete with two empires in the peninsula--an imperium for Christians and a resurgent Caliphate of Cordoba for Andalusian Muslims to form.
- a barebones system for the estates of the realm--crown authority can only be changed by event once certain requirements are met.
- additional buildings, allowing you to build priories for the Order of Santiago, the Templars, and Hospitallers

Looks promising. I'll give a look to it and try to help a bit. Being a spaniard (and aragonese) I know well that the initial setup for Iberia really needs tweaking. As a suggestion, I'd say that you should start by modding, and modding hard, the setup for the muslim taifa of Zaragoza (or Saragossa) in 1066. It was much stronger than depicted in the game, event if it was suffering from "brotherly" wars.

I don't know if modding the map is feasible... but if it was, there're a few provinces to be created that would enhance the game for christian kingdoms, too. Aragon back in 1066 had just been formed by the union of Aragon (a county in Navarre) and Sobrarbe and Ribagorza... and it wasn't really a walk in the park for the the kings in those first few years to keep them together.

Looks promising. I'll give a look to it and try to help a bit. Being a spaniard (and aragonese) I know well that the initial setup for Iberia really needs tweaking. As a suggestion, I'd say that you should start by modding, and modding hard, the setup for the muslim taifa of Zaragoza (or Saragossa) in 1066. It was much stronger than depicted in the game, event if it was suffering from "brotherly" wars.

I don't know if modding the map is feasible... but if it was, there're a few provinces to be created that would enhance the game for christian kingdoms, too. Aragon back in 1066 had just been formed by the union of Aragon (a county in Navarre) and Sobrarbe and Ribagorza... and it wasn't really a walk in the park for the the kings in those first few years to keep them together.

I appreciate the advice. I have given the Emir of Zaragoza Calatayud and overlordship over Albarracin to help his survival. I would like to be able to give Aragon something else, but at least he has some strong allies in 1066. I've been experimenting with a new initial setup that I will get online in the next few days, but it will probably take some further fine-tuning. I am not modding the map at the moment, though I might seek permission from one of the map modders already working to use their work.

I appreciate the advice. I have given the Emir of Zaragoza Calatayud and overlordship over Albarracin to help his survival. I would like to be able to give Aragon something else, but at least he has some strong allies in 1066. I've been experimenting with a new initial setup that I will get online in the next few days, but it will probably take some further fine-tuning. I am not modding the map at the moment, though I might seek permission from one of the map modders already working to use their work.

Use this image as a guide:

Taifa_de_Zaragoza_1080.png

Now, a little bit of explanation on it:

1) Lerida became part of the taifa of Zaragoza c.1030. By the time of the initial setup, in 1066, Lerida was ruled by Al-Muqtadir's (in the game, the emir of Zaragoza) brother, and they were in a sort of civil war. Probably the best way to put this into the game is having Yusuf (the ruler of Lerida) as a vassal of Al-Muqtadir, with claims or whatever that makes him have a huge probability of rebelling against him. Historically, he was captured in 1078 and Lérida came back to the realm of the taifa.

2) Tortosa became part of the taifa in 1060. By 1066, it should be part of Al-Muqtadir's realm, just as Calatayud. By that time, Tortosa also covered most of what in the game is the province of Castellon, so maybe you can add that to his realm too.

3) As you can see, Albarracin and Alpuente never were part of the taifa of Zaragoza. Albarracin is a province in the map, and Alpuente a barony in the province of Albarracin. So having it being independent is the right thing to do.

4) Denia was obtained by the king of Zaragoza in 1076. It was actually conquered. Soon after that, he "conquered" Valencia... but what really happened is that he got the taifa lord of Valencia to become his vassal (and his rule wasn't really that long or effective). So, IMO, Al-Muqtadir should get a claim on the duchy/emirate of Valencia, and maybe on the province/county of Denia.

And that should be it.

PS.- By the way, the inheritance rule in the game for the emirate of Zaragoza, funny enough, should be gavelkind. All that huge territory ruled by Al-Muqtadir was divided among his two sons: Al-Mutaman got Zaragoza, Huesca, Calatayud and Tudela (yeah, that's in Navarre), while Mundir got Lerida, Denia and Tortosa.

Last edited: