• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What can you do with Blood Sorcery in the new version?

It's still a work in progress, so somewhat too early to go into details. But we tried to have different paths represented, and not just a singular "Blood Sorcery" lifestyle.

It's still a work in progress, so somewhat too early to go into details. But we tried to have different paths represented, and not just a singular "Blood Sorcery" lifestyle.
Does that mean you will also be reworking the objective reward for path of righteousness? Will it get something else for reward or will it just target all the new paths?

At first glance, this objective should remain unchanged and have the same behavior. The Blood Sorcery trait will still exist, it will just open up more than just one lifestyle tree.

Oh yes, Blood Sorcery is kind of a handful, isn't it? Considering just how many paths they invented for Thaumaturgy and friends back in the day, it's really more of a meta-discipline than a proper one. Makes sense as a single thing so long as you restrict it to the Blood school, especially since it now also contains Quietus* but once you go beyond that... yeah, good luck.

I guess Blood is a must. Elementalism is also a reasonable pick, since it's common both among the Tremere and the Koldun. And as a third path, maybe a mixed Dark Thaumaturgy/Infernalism option?

* Not a big fan of that myself, btw. Assamite Warriors are, well, warriors. Some of them studied Blade Sorcery in previous editions, sure, but that was optional, and now all of them just know magic? Made more sense as an inherent talent or a learnable skill, imo. But I know you're just going with V5 there and it's all in the interest of streamlining. Still, a Quietus/Blood Path split within Blood Sorcery might also make sense gameplaywise. Both manipulate blood, but I've always seen the Blood Path as more "meta-magic", while Quietus is primarily about assassination, so the latter should probably focus on intrigue-related advantages.

We did go with V5 because, well, it's way easier for us to start that way. Less disciplines mean less lifestyles to do and complete powers for. As we move along (or as some contributors have a specific fancy for a specific old discipine), we add some of the oldest one back. You might have noticed that viccissitude is certainly not just protean in the mod right now for example. Quietus might get the same treatment one day.

I'm not the guy specifically doing the blood sorcery paths, but, for now, it seems we are going towards a Path of Blood / Mars / Curses combo. Though Father's Vengeance and Focused Mind also seems to be on the table.

Cursed planned obsolesence! Strong blood oaths are not as permanent as the tooltip implies. Timing out after mere 100 years.

But at last my bastion is complete. Capital snipe me now.

20210125205607_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I would stick with V5 discipline rules, if you include every discipline they ever came up with thats way to much bloat.

That's absolutely true, although there's probably a case to be made for differentiating between the 13 core clans and their signature abilities and something more obscure like, say, Abombwe.

Blood Sorcery, of course, is special because it's always been completely different from all the rest, so I see the reasoning there. Vampire: The Requiem was probably on the right track when they made blood magic something all vampires could learn through faction affiliation rather than primarily making it the thing of a single clan, despite being fifty-or-so times as diverse and complex compared to regular Disciplines.

Last edited:
The core idea is to stick to V5 disciplines unless someone is interested in doing a non V5 one. PoD is a mod, meaning a work a passion, and there are passionate individual about some of those. If they come up with a framework for them and other interesting effects, we are happy to include it (which is basically what happened for Vici).

• 2Like
Reactions:
The core idea is to stick to V5 disciplines unless someone is interested in doing a non V5 one. PoD is a mod, meaning a work a passion, and there are passionate individual about some of those. If they come up with a framework for them and other interesting effects, we are happy to include it (which is basically what happened for Vici).
Why you got out me like that. If having a passion for flesh crafting is wrong, I don't want to be right!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Any news about new version?
Most of the mechanics for the Inquisition update are done and currently in play testing with our patrons. We will probably change some values based on the outcomes of that testing. We have a few other things we are adding like several new discipline powers from Animalism to Oblivion. The largest change in disciplines will be a new interface for the paths of Blood Sorcery.

We should do a dev diary soon.

We are looking to share this update on Steam Workshop and Paradox Plaza sometime in February 2021.

• 1Love
Reactions:
So, I think I might abandon my current game.

Anarch revolt event popped. I chose not to convert. However, pretty much my entire realm converted anyway. I have a gigantic Roman Empire going with like 100+ vassals. I can fix this. I just have to use demand conversion 100+ times.

...This isn't fun.

The initial chance of conversion for vampires to the Anarch Revolt will be nerfed in the next update. Though young vampires will still be likely to convert.

Reactions:
The initial chance of conversion for vampires to the Anarch Revolt will be nerfed in the next update. Though young vampires will still be likely to convert.
Have you guys considered using traits as weights for this? Something like zealous/content characters are less likely to switch but stubborn/just could be more likely to join. Same thing for other factions where callous/sadistic characters could be more likely to join the Sabbat. Just an idea.

In any case, thank you for clearing it up. I look forward to the next update. :)

It is already the case. Via furores vampires will always convert. Cynical will often convert. Zealous are less likely. Emperors will never convert. Kings will rarely convert. Young vampires will often convert.

We added more of these checks in the next update as well.

Reactions:
So, I think I might abandon my current game.

Anarch revolt event popped. I chose not to convert. However, pretty much my entire realm converted anyway. I have a gigantic Roman Empire going with like 100+ vassals. I can fix this. I just have to use demand conversion 100+ times.

...This isn't fun.

There's a mod to send a conversion request to all your vassals. That said, it only works sometimes for me: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2244871168

Honestly, this sort of thing is more on Paradox' side of things. There's a lot more features in the game that could use some optional automation. Like chaining county conversion tasks, for example.

Reactions:
I just got to the Council of Thorns events in my main game, and I wanted to take the moment to say how much I like this mod and the oppurtunities for storytelling it gives.
I only Saw the Thorns stuff from the outside, since I was playing as a custom revenant branch in service to Mithras.
But so much fun stuff happened on the way.

I managed to achieve victory for Mithras relatively early, both the Scepter and the Sun and the King of Kings. This required murdering a lot of other ventrue elders in addition to conquest and maintaining the requirements for long enough for him to actually take the decisions, but by sheer coincidence the successful murder attempts often where the "cask of amontillado" event where they are just walled into my basement, so now I get to have a fun headcanon about Hardestadt and the rest of the gang getting released sometime post-game to shake things up, oWoD metaplot style.

Despite this Mithras lost it all during the anarch revolt when he was murdered by his own childe (who was also my daughter), during an independence revolt that she and the other anarchs were losing. In response I reformed a custom Vampire hostile Mithras religion and drove almost all vampires from the british isles (there where a few barons left).

As a further bit of headcanon I have decided that despite their rock solid game position my revenant family are going to fall from power in a few years during the protestant reformation, as the catholics/protestants in power search for heretics among the population to fight each other and find the cult of mithras that is my family now that they are overconfident from their success, lack Mithras' protection and are an obvious target for the subtle manipulations of the nascent Camerilla using mortal society to do what sheer vampiric power failed to do.

But even outside of the region I was in fun stuff kept happening, Ashirra won in the middle east and the Midnight Crescent in Iberia, which made it seem like they'd be the dominant force, until the ashirra feel to internal divisions during the anarch revolts and external attacks from the inquisition, and Clan lasombra decided to join the Camerilla taking the Iberians with them. (Which made perfect sense after all by then the mortal muslims would long ago have been driven from Iberia so the elders would have a hell of a time, keeping vampire society under control along religious lines without a good source of new childe).

Similarly the Tzimisce Voivodate grew to great strength and crushed the Tremere only to fall during the anarch revolt as all their vassals converted and left them over time, while the inquisition took control of Hungary.

Seeing each of the clans declare their sides at Thorns was very cool and I cannot wait for my next game to get there, so I hopefully can see it as a participant as well.
In the end, the Camarilla was founded by:
The Ventrue
The Toreador
The Lasombra
The Gangrel
The Tremere and
The Setites (driven from their homelands).
I imagine that the first 3 are the "Patrician clans" in this version of the setting, since the Tremere lost all their land (outside of India where they had a bit in Lanka) and the Lasombra wouldn't have joined if they couldn't get some sort of leadership role when they held their own empire title.

The Sabbat was founded by
The Tzimisce
The Malkavians and
The Brujah (specifically by the True Brujah at that)

Finally the Nosferatu, the Banu Haquim, the Cappodocians and the Ravnos (I think, I didn't see the event/might have clicked through it) choose to be independent.
The only thing that was less than perfect was that several of the representatives where lowborn mercenary captains (they hadn't even formed their own dynasties), but otherwise I really loved it all.

Thank you very much for all your hard work that made this experience possible.

• 3Like
Reactions: