• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. They are Tzimisce modified ghouls for warfare (monstruous beasts). They can be spawned as Men at Arms with a character interaction.

2 and 3. It's not yet implemented.

4. You guessed correctly.

5. Fame is way easier to come by in the mod (you might have seen some clans, like the Ventrue and Gangrel, starting with high level of renown). In order to get the player to play to 1500 (our endgame), the progression is slower than vanilla in most things (lifestyles, these kind of CBs etc).

6. As a one off? Not really. But you can combine several of those with some house modifiers and have some quite impressive Men at Arms. They shine mostly during the endgame, where your knights can be overwhelmed by the sheer number of Inquisition troops without some support.

The game ends in 1500? That's odd. I actually peeked into the game files recently to see what great persons are available, and noticed that you, for instance, have Elizabeth Bathory spawning at 1614, though.

Orinsul : There isn't. That's a nice idea though.

Asgar : I didn't say the game ends in 1500, I say our endgame is there (Anarch Revolt, Inquisition, Cama and Sabbat formation) which are the last big narrative events in the mod. You can continue playing as long as you want (no end date) and Great Persons indeed continue until around 1700.

Reactions:
Orinsul : There isn't. That's a nice idea though.

Asgar : I didn't say the game ends in 1500, I say our endgame is there (Anarch Revolt, Inquisition, Cama and Sabbat formation) which are the last big narrative events in the mod. You can continue playing as long as you want (no end date) and Great Persons indeed continue until around 1700.
Most clan objectives have to be completed by 1700 though, is there a particular reason why?

Mostly because they make less and less sense as time goes on (and the Camarilla/Sabbat takes over) but with still a leeway if players are somewhat slow to complete them by 1500. In the (not close) future, we also intent to have additional stuff post 1500 (cultural eras most notably) so 1700 is somewhat of a "future endgame date".

Is there any downside to ghouling people before embracing them? I've noticed with ghouls you can teach them new disciplines with your XP which is something you can't do for your childe (unless you ghouled them beforehand).

Is it possible to change the 100 cap on prowess.? I looked in defines but couldn't find it. I hit 100 and now there's no reason for me to play around with Dracul form anymore. :p

I'm curious about the Nosferatu recommended character Absalon.
His description mentions that he "uncovered a powerful secret" but I notice that he doesn't start with any secrets known and he isn't on the white-wolf wiki. (except for a brief mention on the page for the year 1167 of the historical figure founding the danish city of Copenhagen, but nothing indicating that he became a vampire).
What is this secret? Something planned for the future that you haven't implemented yet? A reference to a canon appearance of his that just isn't on the wiki? A reference to a home-game or actual-play or similar where he showed up?
... an easter egg referring to the christmas calendar?

Absalon is featured in the Dark Ages Europe book as the main character for the Denmark area. His story is that of an uncontested master of Denmark masquerading (probably, it's unclear) as the real life Absalon. His successful princedom is cut short during a war against Baltic tribes.

He achieved victory, and entered a temple to a "dark God" named Svantevit. There, he understood that the local Cainites were attempting to revive this entity using blood. Their attempt was cut short by Absalon's assault, but he saw promise in their ritual and tried to understood and replicate it for his own purpose. He kind of lost track of time studying this ritual, and Denmark slipped from his grasp during that time.

In 1230, he is returning to Denmark, with the ritual clearer, but not yet fully understood.

As like all other bookmarked characters, there is no special content for this specific lore tidbit yet. They are mainly there to get you "in character" for your chosen playthrough.

Reactions:
We have so much lore. "Game’s Lore Goes to Painstaking Lengths to Explain Why Bad Guys Have Glowing Red Eyes"

eyes.png

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Thanks for this amazing mod! I've played the CK2 version tons and this is even greater. I haven't even managed to play the base game properly, since I wanted to take a peek at this and immediately got hooked.

I have a problem where custom characters get illnesses like cancer. I played with a premade character first and they never got sick. Is there some modifier or something that the canon characters have that I could edit into my save file, for my custom character? I can remove the illness traits in console, but in multiplayer it's a big nuisance.

Canon characters have an immune to disease flag... which custom characters should also have. But for some reason, it seems to not being applied at times.

We are applying another safeguard against vampires' illness in the next patch.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's an asset used by the nice and talented folks of the Bronze Age mod. We have permission to use it, and the Egyptians Setites will have this look in the coming update of the mod.

• 1Like
Reactions: