• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a request/idea that maybe would be cheaty? But I feel it would be good.
Ghoulify family plot. Where you turn the character and all their kids that are in your realm/court into ghouls, but only get the relationship ties with the target. So you can get a family of ghouls to breed remnants from but without using up your ghoul cap (and being unable to ghoul their partners/etc) and in one plot rather than 10 months each with children being born while you wait?

I have a request/idea that maybe would be cheaty? But I feel it would be good.
Ghoulify family plot. Where you turn the character and all their kids that are in your realm/court into ghouls, but only get the relationship ties with the target. So you can get a family of ghouls to breed remnants from but without using up your ghoul cap (and being unable to ghoul their partners/etc) and in one plot rather than 10 months each with children being born while you wait?
We like creating revenants to be a breeding game with opportunity costs.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have some questions: i try to mod some mods to be criminal by religion. Your mod does the same. I tried it with the dwarf trait. Made changes in the doctrine. Made changes crime crimes. Made changes in religious triggers. Still see only the additional laws, but zero effect. Dwarfs are not criminal and i can not improson them without tyranny. Did i missed something?

I have some questions: i try to mod some mods to be criminal by religion. Your mod does the same. I tried it with the dwarf trait. Made changes in the doctrine. Made changes crime crimes. Made changes in religious triggers. Still see only the additional laws, but zero effect. Dwarfs are not criminal and i can not improson them without tyranny. Did i missed something?
Change common\opinion_modifiers

Code:
dwarf_crime = {
	opinion = -20
	imprisonment_reason = yes
	revoke_title_reason = yes
}

And if you have a dwarf shunning/intolerance doctrine:
Code:
dwarf_intolerant = {
	opinion = -10
}

You may also want to add triggered opinions on the dwarf trait in common\traits\
Code:
     triggered_opinion = {
		parameter = dwarf_illegal
		opinion_modifier = dwarf_crime
		ignore_opinion_value_if_same_trait = yes
	}

triggered_opinion = {
		parameter = dwarf_shunned
		opinion_modifier = dwarf_intolerant
	}

opinion triggers the crime? Right now i dont get the crime message on a character
Change common\opinion_modifiers

Code:
dwarf_crime = {
    opinion = -20
    imprisonment_reason = yes
    revoke_title_reason = yes
}

And if you have a dwarf shunning/intolerance doctrine:
Code:
dwarf_intolerant = {
    opinion = -10
}

You may also want to add triggered opinions on the dwarf trait in common\traits\
Code:
     triggered_opinion = {
        parameter = dwarf_illegal
        opinion_modifier = dwarf_crime
    }

triggered_opinion = {
        parameter = dwarf_shunned
        opinion_modifier = dwarf_intolerant
    }

Thanks a lot. The opinion trigger was the missing link.

I looked into your succession. You are using the vanilla ones. I tried to make one based on the skill ranking (martial). But right now its only possible for youngest /oldest. Or i need to use election and this works only for the primary heir.

I presume the custom character decision into event chain gives options to choose one's sire, which were manually added, rather than iterating through every house of the dynasty? The options are fairly limited for an extensive clan like the Ventrue. Specifically, I would like to join Hardestat's house for the excellent house modifier and gorgeous coat of arms.

Now, as long as I start close enough to be in the diplomatic range, I can set up my character in the designer and join his house via becoming a brother (or sister) of his childe. But that leaves the custom character decision in the decision list. Granted it is nigh impossible to hit accidentally.

I presume the custom character decision into event chain gives options to choose one's sire, which were manually added, rather than iterating through every house of the dynasty? The options are fairly limited for an extensive clan like the Ventrue. Specifically, I would like to join Hardestat's house for the excellent house modifier and gorgeous coat of arms.
The custom character event chain is currently 10,418 lines long (not including the localization). You pick your clan, then you can pick your house, then you can pick your relationship to the head of house (such as being the childe of Hardestadt). You can be part of a particular house, you can lead a cadet house under the clan dynasty (so you can still compete to take over dynasty head for the whole clan), or an independent dynasty. Sometimes what house is available is limited by your character's geography and/or culture. For Banu Haqim and Salubri, you also get to pick caste. There are a few houses that are not available through the custom character creator at all. We decided to go this a bit labor intensive manner for lore reasons... rather than player picking a character through character interaction and declaring that one your player's sire. We might still add that in the future. Probably we be more like 20 lines of code rather than 10,418.

Now, as long as I start close enough to be in the diplomatic range, I can set up my character in the designer and join his house via becoming a brother (or sister) of his childe. But that leaves the custom character decision in the decision list. Granted it is nigh impossible to hit accidentally.
The Custom Character decision in the decision list is there to be an option. Even if you hit it accidently, you do get an event with an option to not go through with it. Now that the CK3 Ruler Designer is out, a lot of what custom character creator decision did is redundant. However, its a psuedo-tutorial. The number of options in creating a character can be overwhelming to newbies if its just a pile of traits on the Ruler Designer. If they chose the custom character decision, it guides them through and they end up with a character that is lore friendly (and they learn a little lore in the process).

If I had it to do over, I might have coded it differently and more dynamically for the house offerings. After picking the clans, dynamically generating a list of houses based on diplomatic range of house heads. But once picking the house... its a psuedo-bloodline, and some of them have particular discipline combinations.

O.K. I am going to stop thinking about this or I will cry. TEARS OF BLOOD!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
This mod becomes continually more awesome. Thank you so much.
I'm playing Myka Vykos at the moment and I can't figure out, how to produce Szlachta. I got the Vicissitude perks that give boni to Szlachta, but I have no clue how to make them.
Furthermore: Could you add the option that the Eyes of the Abyss texture works for non-Lasombra too? Because I see no reason that it shouldn't. In the current V5 publication Cults of the Blood Gods we see a Hecata, who has cmpletely black eyes too. So it should be canon.

This mod becomes continually more awesome. Thank you so much.
I'm playing Myka Vykos at the moment and I can't figure out, how to produce Szlachta. I got the Vicissitude perks that give boni to Szlachta, but I have no clue how to make them.
Furthermore: Could you add the option that the Eyes of the Abyss texture works for non-Lasombra too? Because I see no reason that it shouldn't. In the current V5 publication Cults of the Blood Gods we see a Hecata, who has cmpletely black eyes too. So it should be canon.

• Find some mortals
  • Ghoul them
  • Maninpulate your bloodbound thralls
  • Transmogrify them with the fearsome power of Vicissitude's Rending of the Osseous Frame
  • PROFTI!
THE HECATA WILL BE DEAD EYED BECAUSE OF YOU!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • Find some mortals
  • Ghoul them
  • Maninpulate your bloodbound thralls
  • Transmogrify them with the fearsome power of Vicissitude's Rending of the Osseous Frame
  • PROFTI!
THE HECATA WILL BE DEAD EYED BECAUSE OF YOU!

Ah, thank you. I thought they would be used like man-at-arms, but this is even better and gives so much customizability. Really, really well done.

Also: Yay, being the reason for creepier Hecata looks good on my CV.

Ah, thank you. I thought they would be used like man-at-arms, but this is even better and gives so much customizability. Really, really well done.
You can also choose them with a right click character interaction on your portrait and spawn army as MAA, if you have hunger lower than 5, sufficient gold to arm them and the right perks in vicissitude. There is a hunger rouse check, masquerade rouse check and a gold cost.

questions are there event, for the spliting of the old clan from the mainline tzimisce?

Hasn't this happened before the start of the game? I understood the difference being if they adopted vicissitude or not when it was discovered and, the mod has that discipline?

Finchmp : We are looking into it but haven't found where it's defined in the files yet

Duarte : The Old Clan is basically an antitribu that has gone independent instead of Camarilla. It's too late in the timeframe of the mod to be scriptable (clan Tzimisce could be Camarilla in your game, or already utterly destroyed). Some Tzimisce characters start with no vicissitude though, representing their claim of being "non corrupted" Tzimisce.

Orinsul : Vicissitude is definitely in the mod, and was one of the major focus of the last update

What is the current "correct way" of utilising the Ruler Designer with the built in Custom Ruler script which fires when you start a new game with this mod?

For example, I want to create a custom really bad-arse Assamite, 5th Generation, with Quietus maxed out, massive Prowess, Genius trait, etc, and Ur-Shulgi as my sire.

Do I do all that in the Ruler Designer, or do I do only some of it in the Ruler Designer and some of it with the script which fires on New Game?

I've read some similar questions about this earlier in the thread, but am not really clear on the details/specifics. Also someone mentioned that there is a bug with the Ruler Designer since you cannot set your character to be older than 120 years old, so this causes problems if you have childer. Has this issue been fixed somehow or do I need to do something special as a workaround?

Basically am looking for a step-by-step, very detailed instruction set on what to do to ensure the correct sequence of steps between Ruler Designer and the New Game script so that everything works correctly. Would greatly appreciate any help.

Problem with misaligned warning ICONS when acquiring skill points:

Paradox has defined a uniform pop-up warning for acquiring skill points for lifestyles beyond the five basic ones in ( \common\important_actions\00_lifestyle.txt ),
But the icon is not being added properly ,
Suggested to delete (action_can_spend_perk_point ) ,Then add the POD's own (important_actions )

What is the current "correct way" of utilising the Ruler Designer with the built in Custom Ruler script which fires when you start a new game with this mod?

For example, I want to create a custom really bad-arse Assamite, 5th Generation, with Quietus maxed out, massive Prowess, Genius trait, etc, and Ur-Shulgi as my sire.

Do I do all that in the Ruler Designer, or do I do only some of it in the Ruler Designer and some of it with the script which fires on New Game?

I've read some similar questions about this earlier in the thread, but am not really clear on the details/specifics. Also someone mentioned that there is a bug with the Ruler Designer since you cannot set your character to be older than 120 years old, so this causes problems if you have childer. Has this issue been fixed somehow or do I need to do something special as a workaround?

Basically am looking for a step-by-step, very detailed instruction set on what to do to ensure the correct sequence of steps between Ruler Designer and the New Game script so that everything works correctly. Would greatly appreciate any help.
You would create a character in the Ruler Designer with genius trait (etc...) and boost to prowess, then after start up, you would go to our event chain of Custom Character, select Assamite, select House of Ur-Shulgi, select being the childe of Ur-Shulgi. You won't have Quietus maxed out though, instead.. you'll have basic Quietus (which is Blood Sorcery with different localization). Generation will be set upon choosing Ur-Shulgi as a sire.

The issue with childer and Ruler Designer is that if you embrace a mortal character that is OLDER than your character, that character will not have you set as their parent, as CK3 does not allow children to be older than their parents.

You would create a character in the Ruler Designer with genius trait (etc...) and boost to prowess, then after start up, you would go to our event chain of Custom Character, select Assamite, select House of Ur-Shulgi, select being the childe of Ur-Shulgi. You won't have Quietus maxed out though, instead.. you'll have basic Quietus (which is Blood Sorcery with different localization). Generation will be set upon choosing Ur-Shulgi as a sire.

The issue with childer and Ruler Designer is that if you embrace a mortal character that is OLDER than your character, that character will not have you set as their parent, as CK3 does not allow children to be older than their parents.

Thanks! Two quick follow up questions, if I may:

1) Either using the Ruler Designer or the Custom Character event chain, can I set my vampire age to something appropriate as a childe of Ur-Shulgi, so set my age as 900 years? I'm guessing the Ruler Designer won't allow this, so can it be done with the event chain? This would also then alleviate the issue of embracing childer which are older than you (as 900 years old should be older than anyone you could embrace).

2) I'm confused about what you meant by your statement on Quietus. In the Dark Ages: Vampire sourcebook, Quietus is the Assasmite clan discipline which has powers focused on assassination and combat, but Assamite blood sorcery (Blood Thaumaturgy) is an entirely different discipline (IIRC, I haven't played the game in years). So a character in PnP would have dots in Quietus and dots in Thaumaturgy. But in this game, Assamite Thaumaturgy = Quietus? So if I want to have maxed out Quietus (the same Quietus from the rulebook) and maxed out Assamite Blood Sorcery (the discipline from the rulebook) how could I do that in the mod?

1/ The PDX Ruler Designer doesn't allow for more than 120 years I think. Our custom designer event doesn't change the age, so you would have to first pick a character with an age you like, then use the decision/event... but then you can't use PDX RD at all (since it resets the age) so you won't be able to change your traits. Honestly, you could just play Al Ashrad for an infant of Ur Shulgi with very good stats and old age. Or you will have to choose between traits or age.

2/ Quietus doesn't exist anymore in V5 and all Assamites have blood sorcery. For now, we use this ruleset, since it allows us to concentrate on a smaller number of disciplines to flesh them out (before perhaps moving on to the more exotic ones). If you are Assamite and have blood sorcery, we have localized it as "Quietus" as a nod to the old ruleset. But it still use the blood sorcery tree.