• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
is this somehow hinted at or represented in the mod?

Yes. In the buildings you have access to as well as the text of certain events.

To put it in VTMB1 terms, LaCroix is the Princes of Los Angeles Vampires, he is not the Mayor of Los Angeles Mortals.

Was curious about this, one of the buildings is called 'direct rule' are there any events attached to breaching the masquerade through this? I know theres no end date so its kinda unfair but late game other vampires/rulers are just loaded with money to where a duke can counter an emperor in mercs its pretty funny to watch but not when your on the receiving end since its like a zerg rush with the only counter being to outbuy mercs and cheese the ai into attacking while your defending

Was curious about this, one of the buildings is called 'direct rule' are there any events attached to breaching the masquerade through this? I know theres no end date so its kinda unfair but late game other vampires/rulers are just loaded with money to where a duke can counter an emperor in mercs its pretty funny to watch but not when your on the receiving end since its like a zerg rush with the only counter being to outbuy mercs and cheese the ai into attacking while your defending
We haven't done much to do more balancing yet on levies vs. men at arms vs. knights vs. mercs. We should probably reduce the amount of mercs available. Its a work in progress. We have a whole lot more events coming for having exposed the Masquerade.

Is there a reason btw why sometimes it works for my cappadocian to summon zombu and sometimes it doesn't even show up in my 'summon army' options?
I think this might have to do with a cooldown and whether or not you can afford it.

Cooldown is probably not the reason here, because with this character I was never able to use zombu.
My last character was Dionysios of Athens and he was able to summon zombu. Now I'm playing Angelique of Answan (vassal of Nakhthorheb) and she doesn't seem to be able to raise zombu although she possesses Advanced Oblivion.
And ressources being the Problem seems unlikely, because I've got plenty of ressources left as far as I can see.

Any other possibilities?

Furthermore: Is the marriage system working as intended? It is pretty difficult to marry off vampires. And I'm not sure if that's intended.

I think there was an issue with zombu spawning that has been fixed in the dev build.

Marriages are working as intended, but you need to desactivate the "fertility" filter that is automatically on to see eligible vampires. We can't mod it to be automatically off.

So, something I've noticed is that a number of the game-start vampires have only martial-prowess educations. This is a big hinderance to them if you decide to play one of them, since that means that they get no lifestyle XP bonus for any lifestyle tree (or if you enable the setting to let AI rulers advance lifestyles, though I think that's broken in my games at least - I end up jumping around and doling out lifestyle XP to important rulers periodically.)

I believe the base game only gives martial-prowess educations once knighthood is unlocked for a culture, and then only in conjunction with a base martial education. Perhaps the game start prowess-educated vampires could be given a low-tier martial education in addition, or perhaps substitute out hunter, strong, or blademaster traits if you want to ensure they get prowess bonuses (or just bump their base prowess scores)?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Lifestyles advancement for AI characters is mostly fixed in the next update.

Interesting thought about martial prowess. To be honest, I'm liking that martial and prowess are strictly divided in the mod. You can be a great commander and a weak fighter (Alfred the Great comes to mind) or the reverse. It's even more true in vampire lore, since most vampires aren't great strategists or anything (they don't have big battles most of the time) but there are plenty of skilled fighters in their ranks.

The easiest solution would be to have prowess education gives a bonus to a lifestyle branch, maybe choleric.

The easiest solution would be to have prowess education gives a bonus to a lifestyle branch, maybe choleric.
Is this useful at all? I get plenty of choleric resonance experience from feeding on kine (and the occasional kindred). Meanwhile, the vanilla lifestyle trees have many useful perks but slow progress.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Choleric was just a wild guess. I could also see prowess education giving a bonus to martial lifestyles (which has a "fighter" branch after all). As long as martial and prowess (as stats, and educations) are still separate, I'm perfectly fine with linking prowess education to one of the lifestyles.

The Patrons and Developers have spoken. The next update to Princes of Darkness Mod on Steam Workshop and Paradox Plaza will be after the Paradox Development Studio update to Crusader Kings III on November 24th, 2020.

1605892949861.png

Patreon Poll
1605893226873.png

Work in Progress:

1605893042883.png

1605893024187.png

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
How can I revoke or plot to revoke a vassal county?
First you need to change their feudal contract to allow revocation by changing domain from "protected" to "lieges will", (I like to do it by increasing their rights in some other area that I'm OK with), then you can do it the same way as in the base game. If you, or any prior liege, have already changed a vassals contract once you'll have to kill/banish them somehow since a characters contract can only be changed once.
Note that since it's impossible to modify a barons contract and the default contract forbids revocation you can never revoke a barony once granted.

First you need to change their feudal contract to allow revocation by changing domain from "protected" to "lieges will", (I like to do it by increasing their rights in some other area that I'm OK with), then you can do it the same way as in the base game. If you, or any prior liege, have already changed a vassals contract once you'll have to kill/banish them somehow since a characters contract can only be changed once.
Note that since it's impossible to modify a barons contract and the default contract forbids revocation you can never revoke a barony once granted.

I see. When I tried changing a vassal contract, I could only see the Vampire Laws options. I will take a look again. Thanks!

Princes of Darkness, Version 1.2.1 "Metamorphosis" Update Changelog, November 27th, 2020
Updated for CK3 1.2.1
Ruler Designer compatible! Herds, Ghouls, Revenants, Transmogrification, new Vicissitude 3D portraits, Oblivion Wraith binding, Anarch revolts, Inquisition uprisings, Camarilla and Sabbat formation.

Change Log:
Princes of Darkness, Version 1.2.1 "Metamorphosis" Update Changelog, November 27th, 2020
- Compatibility patching with CK3 version 1.2.1 "Argent" update, including Ruler Designer. - Sparc
- Chinese translation. - 尽点
- French translation. - Al3xell
- Reworked Eastern Europe Map to match canon locations. Added Council of Ashes, moved Obertus, reworked Voivodate, Tremere, Hungary, Transylvania, Wallachia, Moldavia, Poland, Silesia and Pinsk. Landed revenants appropriately. - Sparc
- Herds! Herd scheme, herd event for the scheme, herd for certain predator types, attuning the herd for Ventrue banes, Interaction to drink from a herd member, Personal Interaction to choose a herd member to feed from out of a list, herd character templates, dynamic blood loss for both mortals and vampires, little fixes. - Thaumaturge
- Resonance changed! Victims now have four types of resonance quality: neglible, fleeting, intense and accute. Healthy victims with good traits are more likely to have high quality resonance (and thus more experience gain), while victims with bad health will have lower quality resonance. Vampires will have lower resonance quality. Elder vampires even lower resonance quality. Though great persons will have higher quality resonance. You might want high quality resonance victims to be your herd, rather than quickly drained. - Sparc
- Ghouls! Ghoul scheme. Maninpulate you ghoul for fun and profit. Train, Transmorgify, Heal, Reward Gold, Demand Gold and Give Blood. - Sparc
- Breed your ghouls to create revenants. - Sparc
- Wraiths! Ritually murder people, causing their souls to transform into wraiths after death. Bind those wraiths to your will. Send your bound wraiths out to spy, haunt and possess others! - Thaumaturge
- Added Canon revenant families: Bratovitch, Grimaldi, Obertus, Szantovich, Premsylid, Vlaszy, Danislav, Khazi, Krevcheski, Narov, Rusovitchi, Ruthvenski, Basarab, Slatikov, Enrathi, Marijava, Rafastio, D'habi, Keskinen, Rosselini, Rawan, Kairouan Brotherhood, Bomkazi and Dimitriou (Prias). - Sparc
- Added some Requiem ghoul families so that all clans can play the breeding game: Nirriti, Crassus, Gravenor and Angustri. - Sparc
- Added some fanon revenant families so that all clans can play the breeding game: Kurulas, Qarnaim. - Sparc
- Added fanon revenant patriarch characters for all revenant families for 1230 Bookmark start. - Sparc
- Transmogrify your ghouls with the power of vicissitude. - Sparc
- Revenants! Many, many houses of revenants. Revenant mechanics. - Sparc
- Added Dragomir Basarab and Florescu to the Tzimisce. - Sparc
- Added Vicissitude/Tzimisce Zulo form. - jimtalksdata
- Added Vicissitude/Tzimisce Dracul form. - jimtalksdata
- Added Salubri Third Eye. - emeryville
- Added blood smears. - emeryville
- Added Vicissitude/Tzimisce Head blendshapes. - emeryville
- Added Wide open mouth animation. - emeryville
- Added Portraits for Bayezid Gantenbein, Basil Gantenbein, Radu Bistri, Kara Vlaszy Lupescu, Rodrigue de Navarre, Vittoria Santini di Parma, Michael. - Wata
- Added Portratis for Patrons: Seitheach, Jose de'Calamar, Cyrus, Izalda Kishlovsky, Zethraeus Faust, Nicholas Masteron. - Wata
- Added a character interaction that let you learn, at a cost, a discipline that a friend, lover or soulmate of yours know. - Karde
- Added the "engdame" for 1230 : Age of Inquisition / Anarch Revolt / Birth of the Sects. - Karde
- Added a Camarilla and Sabbat religious family, and Camarilla (humanity) and Path of the Honorable Accord as faiths under it. - Karde
- Added an Anarch religious family, with Free Anarch as a faith under it. - Karde
- Added an "Anarch Revolt" phase of events starting in 1450. - Karde
- Added the Convention of Thorns starting in 1493. - Karde
- Added the Birth of the Sabbat in 1495. - Karde
- Added an "Age of Inquisition" phase of events starting in 1430, spawning Inquisitors around the world. - Karde
- Added an hunter religious family and a Shadow Inquisition faith. - Karde
- Populist and peasants revolts should be almost non existent for vampires now... - Karde
- ...but added an Hunter revolt, more likely to show up at high masquerade exposure level. - Karde
- Added 21 new custom investigations. - Karde
- Added an Inquisitor governement form, it's a copy of vanilla clan governement so far. - Karde
- Inquisitors can now always revoke titles. - Karde
- Added and landed 17 new Inquisitors in their startdate to polish the setup. - Karde
- The intro events (mechanics and lore) will only trigger for vampire rulers in 1230 now. It's to make room for Inqui intro events in the future. - Karde
- Added 3 Inquisitors buildings and 6 Inquisitors wonders. - Karde
- Shadow Inquisition characters are now very reluctant to be converted. - Karde
- You can't ask an inquisitor to convert religion anymore. - Karde
- Vampires won't accept conversion to the shadow inquisition. - Karde
- Added 6 Inquisitor objectives. - Karde
- Added the characters and localization for the Inquisitor bookmark. Still disabled by default for now. - Karde
- Started landing the Inquisitors for their bookmark. - Karde
- Shadow Inquisition orders Coats of Arms. - Sparc
- Gave Inquisitor appropriate clothing. - Sparc
- Added Calomena's Forsaken faith. - Sparc
- Added Calomena's Forsaken Kingdom to Bosnia in Dark Age Inquisitor Bookmark. - Sparc
- Added Calomena's Chosen faith. - Sparc
- Created Blood Gnosticism Religion: Via Cain, Via Pura, Calomena's Chosen and Calomena's Forsaken. - Sparc
- Added Blood Gnosticism to Chargen. - Sparc
- Fixed hostility doctrine for Blood Gnosticism so they stopped seeing everyone but themselves as righteous. - Karde
- Added Church of the Church of the Black Magdalene, Eschatologists of Cappadocius and the Swarm of Samael to the Blood Gnostics. - Sparc
- Added Bayezid and Basil Gantebein ghoul hunters to Dark Age Inquisitor Bookmark. - Sparc
- Added an AI maintenance event to make gender appropriate heirs pop for Inquisitors characters (except the von Murnau, who make heirs the old fashioned way). - Karde
- Added a background event to make members of the von Murnau dynasty have a chance of becoming hunters sometimes during their adult life. - Karde
- Added around 20 inquisitors characters for the future bookmark. - Karde
- Added an immediate clause in the 1230 vampire bookmark intro event killing the hunters so that they do not interfere. - Karde
- Modified the vanilla monk/nun and order member traits to not disallow inheritance anymore (important for Inquisitors). - Karde
- Added an "Ordination" interaction for each Inquisitor order. - Karde
- Added a skeleton for the True Faith lifestyle tree. No perks actually work right now, but you can still see the effects with Gauthier (who has true faith as a trait now). - Karde
- The Inquisitor objectives now only require the titles to be held by someone of the Shadow Inquisition faith. - Karde
- Secret exposure fixes. Crime, Execution and Revoke Title Justifications for predator types. - Tsundere Saph (Definitely a Hat)
- True Brujah double dipping disicplines fixed. - Tsundere Saph (Definitely a Hat)
- Nerfed Artemis Orthia house bonus. - Karde
- Yael is now Greek. - Karde
- Vampires are now less likely to form a cadet house. - Karde
- Added 6 new Great Persons. - Karde
- Harbingers not Harbringers. - Sparc
- Hunger Rouse and Willpower check set to 50% rather than 40%. - Sparc (thanks Lord Zaitan)
- Removed the always heavy feral frenzy modifier from all new gangrel created. - Sparc
- Stained Glass Bookmark Buttons. - Hastur
- Github Discord Webhook. - Sparc
- Made sure that each cultural innovation saying "unlock a building" actually does for vampires. - Karde
- As such, added 6 new buildings. - Karde
- Script : Re enabled vanilla buildings in the mod for Sparc's use. Still disabled for vampires. - Karde
- Adapted PDX forum user Fybb's work to have the starting 1230 characters have their lifestyles completed automatically during the first months (a vampire with potence advanced will have the potence tree fully unlocked for example). Thanks to him for the script! - Karde
- Fixed missing Inquisition troops localization. - Karde
- Script : Fixed faulty context switch for the Hunter revolt. - Karde
- Nerfed the knight effectiveness from Draught. - Karde
- Nerfed Eigermann's house. - Karde
- Fixed temple and city building graphic mesh bugs. - Sparc
- Via Entelechia icon revision. - Hastur
- Added House Valerius, Motto and canon Coat of Arms. - Sparc
- Custom Coats of Arms for Tlemcen, Thessalonika, Badajoz, White Rus. - Sparc
- Reduced Diablerie Crime Doctrine Localization to allow Diablerie Crime to be modified when creating new faith. - Sparc
- Localized the new 1230 bookmark. And slightly improved 867's. - Karde
- Tariq el-Haqim characters can now pursue the Iberia after Midnight objective. - Karde
- Made Vladimir Rustovitch a tall boy. - Sparc
- Added third tenet to every faith (Dharmas). - Sparc
- Naked priests for Thrashing Dragons. - Sparc
- Changes to Masquerade and virtue tenets. - Sparc
- Fixed the torpor in the hunter revolt. - Karde
- Fixed the herd scheme, predator types and generation file encoding. - Karde
- Fixed herd, chargen, various schemes missing localization. - Karde
- Fixed two instances of the herd scheme looking for an herd character when there isn't. - Karde
- Fixed the road of Zarathustra religious building. - Karde
- Fixed Indian Setites trait custom localization. - Karde
- Localized the new 1230 bookmark screen. And slightly improved 867's. - Karde
- Tariq el-Haqim characters can now pursue the Iberia after Midnight objective.
- Merged faith_religion_events and faith_creation from vanilla. - Karde
- Fixed "Fortitude" being misspelled creating issues in the vampire embrace event. - Karde
- Added around 15 new Patreon characters. - Karde
- Rebalanced some of the existing ones. - Karde
- The new patreon characters are now landed in 1230 when applicable. - Karde
- Added werewolf kinfolk trait and icon. Don't get too excited yet. - Sparc
- Landed revenant families that are not in Transylvania. - Sparc
- Bylebog the White God is now a Duke. - Sparc
- Three Zadruga families in Lesser Poland. - Sparc
- Helena is duchess of Sardina, with Prias as her vassal lover. - Sparc
- Menele controls most of the counties on Sardina, however. - Sparc
- Dondinni evicted by the Grimaldi. He's still in Genoa though for a job. - Sparc
- Initial barons will now have the faith of their liege. If they are a vampire, they may even share a clan with their liege. - Sparc
- All faiths in PoD are now set to temporaral lay clergy, meaning you can easily replace your court chaplain with a more appropriate character. - Sparc
- Unconquered soul improved: The unconquered soul will force the diablerist to take on the name of the unconquered soul. - Sparc
- If either the diablerist or unconquered soul has vicissitude, then the unconquered soul will change the appearance of the diablerist to that of the unconquered soul. - Sparc
- The diablerist gains the nickname "the Unconquered Soul". - Sparc
- 50 year cool down on declaring major religious war, subjucation war and invasion war. - Sparc
- Fixed mixing dynasty legacy track image for "Gods & Monsters". - Sparc
- Integrated Foxel's Inquisition titles re creation decisions. - Karde
- Intercession, the second true faith lifestyle power, is now functional. - Karde
- Scripted and localized revenants houses modifiers. - Karde
- Added Daniel's character investigation (and changed one trait). - Karde
- Additional Patrons Coats of Arms: Ua Gemred, Hawk, Helid, Shadovie, Varten, Lvcivs, de Calamar and Lividus. - Sparc & Hastur
- Holy Bulwark, true faith lifestyle perk, is done. - Karde
- AIs won't ask you to come to a witch ritual every time the moon looks funny anymore. - Karde
- Fixed Jose's placement messing Iberia's setup. - Karde
- Re landed most canon characters evicted by revenants (without evicting the revenants back). - Karde
- Added two adult children to all revenant patriarch families. - Sparc
- Added bonus to vampiric discipline lifestyle learning for revennants since they can not hunt mortals for their blood. - Sparc
- Added additional benefit to a single vampiric discipline lifestyle learning for canon revenant house modifiers. - Sparc
- Fixed some on_action death issues with wraiths. - Sparc
- Fix for on_action death from Wraith changes. - Sparc
- Ruler Designer vampires will now get immunity to diease. - Sparc
- Vampire blood heal disfigurement. - Sparc

Princes of Darkness, Version 1.2.1.1 "Metamorphosis" Update Changelog, November 27th, 2020
- Fix for Advanced Discipline Traits not being awared for completing resonance tree. - Sparc
- Ruler designer fixes. - Sparc
- More Chinese translation. - https://paratranz.cn/projects/1534/leaderboard

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions: