• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
37,000 Subscribers in the first 19 days of the mod being published! Thanks everyone for your support! More to come!

1600626499061.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
We've contemplated making a game rule that says you get one character and when they die, Game Over.

I think that would be a very good and interesting idea. From what I understand, half the reason why Elders tend to get more and more evil and insane over time is because their entire existence eventually just becomes about perpetuating their unlife at all costs. They try out everything they ever wanted to try, eventually get bored with it, and then at some point, "existing" is the only thing they still know. So it would be cool if players could be made to experience this paranoia too. Ideally even with an option to disable switching character on game over, although I don't know if that is moddable. Ironman plus one life plus no character switching? Now THAT would get you to think like a Cainite.

I guess an exception would be being diablerized while being of a very low generation. I hear those can just possess whatever poor fool tried to eat them.

Hi, I've done more testing and 100% certain that embracing doesnt create the parent-childe relationship (adding them to your dynasty but not connection to you as with female vampires) if the childe is older than the sire. Consoling the age of your vampire up, or the targeted mortal down, before the embrace 'fixes' it everytime. and consoling to be younger than the victim, breaks it everytime.

Hi, I've done more testing and 100% certain that embracing doesnt create the parent-childe relationship (adding them to your dynasty but not connection to you as with female vampires) if the childe is older than the sire. Consoling the age of your vampire up, or the targeted mortal down, before the embrace 'fixes' it everytime. and consoling to be younger than the victim, breaks it everytime.
We can add to the chargen setting a character's age to at least 100. They shouldn't find any mortals older than that.

I believe there is a line that shows up in the error log when trying to do that specifically saying you can't assign a father that is younger than the child. You also can't assign someone to be their own father, or assign a character to be the father of their father.

We can add to the chargen setting a character's age to at least 100. They shouldn't find any mortals older than that.

For me it first came up after I died in battle and ended up playing a young character. I think it needs Paradox to 'fix'? So chargenning as old would still have like, occasions for it to come up. It's not a major issue or prob even worth fixing? Probs worth knowing about so players can avoid it tho, I just noticed so went into finding out why.

Princes of Darkness, Version 1.0.3.8, September 21, 2020
- Fangs! More to come! - emeryville
- Wight event: This is a level 3 potential stress outcome. Factors that make it more likely: negative piety, maximum hunger, diablerist, wrathful and Brujah. - thaumaturge
- Frenzy events. - thaumaturge
- Gangrel and Brujah clan banes. - thaumaturge
- Localization reviewed and improved for buildings, religions, events, great people and objectives. - drstevebrule
- Eyes of he Abyss game rule. Lasombra with Oblivion's Sight can have black eyes. - Sparc
- Auspex perk of Scry the Soul or Advanced Auspex allow Find Mortals to detect mortals with particular resonance humors in their blood. - Sparc
- Diablerized Kuei-jin victims will no longer lower generation of the diablerist. - Sparc
- Kuei-jin can no longer diablerize. - Sparc
- Kuei-jin no longer see the embrace scheme as an option. They can adopt other Kuei-jin vampires into their houseses and dynasties. - Sparc
- Opinion penalty for diablerist and infernalist crimes and shunning have been increased. - Sparc
- Disabled diablerie scheme raising generation to 3rd for now. - Sparc
- Diablerizing victims with adavanced disciplines increases the chance of learning the basic discipline trait if the diablerist does not have it. - Sparc
- Diablerists can no longer gain advanced discipline traits through diablerie. - Sparc
- Added to Character Generator that Caitiff get the Blood Potency, Masquerade, Religion/Faith choice and Predator Type screens. While they were getting this with an event just after CharGen, this will let you pick from a variety of religion and faiths. - Sparc
- Increased the frequency and number of childer that NPC landed vampires will create. - Sparc
- Additional change to raiding. - Sparc
- Adapted PDX forum user Fybb's work for our marriage acceptance. It should now make a lot more sense (and Julia Antasia won't accept any petty count's offer anymore). Thanks to him for the base work! - Karde
- Fixed Carthage's objective localization. - Karde
- Fixed Vlad_Tepes localization. - Karde
- Fixed Night Terror 3 not being very terrifying. - Karde
- Drastically reduced the likelihood of Populist factions, which should result in less pointless wars killing your levies (which make you appear weak and cause more pointless wars). - Karde
- Vampires shouldn't get the obese modifier anymore. - Karde
- Artemis Orthia and Eirik Eigermann houses modifiers nerfed. - Karde
- Vampire/feudal elective no longer reduce domain limit... - Karde
- ...but the vampire trait now has an innate -5 domain limit. This should make things clearer and less prone to exploits. - Karde
- The stewardship task "Develop county" has been disabled... - Karde
- ...but the "Prince of X" building chain now give a (subject to balance) +dev growth. Centers of population should now grow and then spread to their neighbors. - Karde
- The Erciyes titles is now recreatable if destroyed, like the other custom titles. - Karde
- Added 5 new wonders : London Mithraeum, Giovanni Mausoleum (Veneto), Shrine of Telyavel (Kernave), Pit of Malkav (Jerusalem), Well of Sacrifice (Mosul, Chorazin, Damascus, Tunis). - Karde
- Unique religion buildings are now buildable in every holding. - Karde
- Added 6 events that you don't want to see. They are dealing with the consequences of high masquerade exposure. - Karde
- Lucita is now bisexual. - Karde
- Clothing trigger fix. - Sparc
- Fix for has_character_modifiers for 81_escape_from_prison.txt. - Sparc
- Adjusted Nosferatu visual effects to now vary by geographic region. Some Nosfeartu will also now have disease scarring. - Sparc
- Fixed issue with permanent scarring. - Sparc
- Draught duration extended to a year. - Sparc
- Satiated and other localization fixes. - Sparc
- Custom vampire decision. - NatasKhan (with a little help from Sparc).
- New Portraits:
Sparc: Byeleobog
Wata: Macario, Tyler, Vlad Tepes, Giangaleazzo, Gersakkun, Hannibal, Losario, Natasia, Philogos, Sarapion, Altamira, Critias, Catudouba, Amaran, Sinthgunt, Homa, Gwen Llianarwyn, Zamra, Procet, Alypius, Azif, Dysos, Dominic, Macario, Luicius Scipio, Cocceius, Losario
bickando: Camilla Banes
- Patron Characters: Cecil Powódź, Lvcivs Fvria Imperiosa, Sèitheach na Ceàrda, Chrysantha Pastelos, Ciarán Mincéirí, Petronia

Last edited:
  • 4Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
- Vampire/feudal elective no longer reduce domain limit... - Karde

Yay!

- ...but the vampire trait now has an innate -5 domain limit. This should make things clearer and less prone to exploits. - Karde

Oh shit that was intentional... Now I feel like I exploited the system when I just removed the elective from my titles...

Small question. I embraced a mortal with lovers pox (alright, that sounds disgusting, but I figured it would autoheal when he turned vamp) and he kept it. Is that intentional, shouldn't a vampire lose any mortal sickness when turned?

Yay!

Oh shit that was intentional... Now I feel like I exploited the system when I just removed the elective from my titles...

Small question. I embraced a mortal with lovers pox (alright, that sounds disgusting, but I figured it would autoheal when he turned vamp) and he kept it. Is that intentional, shouldn't a vampire lose any mortal sickness when turned?
You've cursed him to an eternity of pox genitals. You are a cruel monster.

In VTM lore vampirism preserves the body in the state it was in before the embrace. The illness is "healed" in that it's symptoms often no longer matter but physically nothing will change on the body.

In VTM lore vampirism preserves the body in the state it was in before the embrace. The illness is "healed" in that it's symptoms often no longer matter but physically nothing will change on the body.

Tzimische flesh-crafting and a few Tremere magic rituals can still change it, though. Lucita at least somehow managed to get a tattoo on her breast after becoming a vampire, and Victoria Ash was also branded permanently by a Tzimisce who had captured and tortured her.

Probably not worth creating special powers for that, though.

Last edited:
Hi all. Just trying the new version. I see above we should only really hold 1 domain with the -5 modifier. Is it best to give those domains away right away to get to 1? thanks

It's your call, the penality to holding too much domain is, I think, less levies, gold and a malus to vassal opinion. You can get gold by blackmailing (the best way for vampires really), levies are sort of useless and vassal opinion can be handled in various ways.

It's your call, the penality to holding too much domain is, I think, less levies, gold and a malus to vassal opinion. You can get gold by blackmailing (the best way for vampires really), levies are sort of useless and vassal opinion can be handled in various ways.

Thanks! I am realizing that levies aren't that important. My 6 champions took out 4000 peasants.

Here's a question lore wise, is what is happening in this mod kinda 'behind the scenes'? like when we are at war, is it a secret war between the princes while the 'real world' kings and dukes fight their own battles? Does the Kingdom of England exist and the Baronies of Avalon a 'shadow' kingdom? Just trying to understand the lore. :)

Thanks! I am realizing that levies aren't that important. My 6 champions took out 4000 peasants.

Here's a question lore wise, is what is happening in this mod kinda 'behind the scenes'? like when we are at war, is it a secret war between the princes while the 'real world' kings and dukes fight their own battles? Does the Kingdom of England exist and the Baronies of Avalon a 'shadow' kingdom? Just trying to understand the lore. :)

Pretty much. History in the World of Darkness, the setting, happened exactly as it did in our world. Only ACTUALLY, it was vampires behind the scenes pulling the strings all along. Plenty of events in the vampire underworld were caused by events in the mortal world, and plenty of events in the mortal world is caused by events in the vampire world.

Just as an example, the punic wars happened just like in the real world. Rome fought Carthage, they won, salted the earth etc., but ACTUALLY it was an ideological conflict between the clans Ventrue and the Brujah over their relation with mortals, since the Brujah existed pretty openly in Carthage, and on the night the city fell there was a huge clash between vampires inside the city, the "real battle", if you will, and the salting of the earth, symbolic to the romans, was ACTUALLY some potent blood magic to stop any powerful vampires currently in torpor beneath the ruins of the city from ever waking up.

So all the familiar events of mortal history is unfolding just as they would have in real history, while the vampires fight their own battles against each other in the nights. I like to imagine a "siege" in the context of this mod as your human servants, not an army, but more a band of thugs, taking over "underground" rather than actually sieging the city or castle. I mean, the mortals would NOTICE if an army of 4000 laid siege to Paris and took it, but lorewise that isn't really what the siege represents most of the time (which make siege weapons not make a lot of sense but whatever...). Very few vampires would actually "own" the castle, they might have influence in the castle with the mortal rulers, maybe even have their haven inside it, but they aren't ruling it per se.

You've cursed him to an eternity of pox genitals. You are a cruel monster.

I mean... I realised that when I diablerised my sire and murdered my grandsire. I just didn't realise how literal "preserved as they were when they lived" was.... :eek:

No regrets though, who don't want an eternally poxridden giant strong berber warrior standing around glaring menicingly at your enemies?

I'm just glad I learned this with a victim of the pox and not the plague or I would have turned into the creator of house Plaguebride 2.0...

levies are sort of useless

With one massive exception though... The A.I. mainly considers your levies, it doesn't "know" champions are what's important. If you have more you will get dragged into a lot less useless defensive wars.

Like the post above me says, yeah, pretty much. The old World of Darkness is kinda infamous for that sort of thing. Seemingly just about every important historical event was somehow engineered by vampires (except the Holocaust). Also, this happened more in the early days of development, before they branched out into other gamelines, but pretty much everything from personalities of human mythology (Helen of Troy...) to Norse Gods to biblical angels was either also vampires or the vampires adopted the names and identity thereof to... confuse people, I guess. Odin is apparently a Gangrel, for example.

one odd thing i thought i'd point out is that your mod seems to be the only one that works with the Xbox launcher app. Every other mod I try won't work once 'subscribed' to it.

one odd thing i thought i'd point out is that your mod seems to be the only one that works with the Xbox launcher app. Every other mod I try won't work once 'subscribed' to it.
Thats strange. Ironically, I can't get the steam workshop mod to run on my PC, even though I uploaded the files for it. I can get the ParadoxPlaza version to run, but my checksum seems to vary from other people. Not sure why moving a .zip file around is so complicated for the ParadoxLauncher and the three glorified file storage platforms.