• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
About the Sabbat and the Camarilla bookmark : Maybe. But it would require us to first have a Sabbat/Cama formation event in the 1230 event then branches from here.

About the Modern startdate : We would need a map covering both the USA and Europe, only USA would be useless to our purpose. It certainly might happen. But it's also a lot of work, so we understand if the creator(s) prefer to keep their map work on their own mod.

Reactions:
Are your childer supposed to become your children, or heir? I've embraced a mortal and they don't appear to be related to me and I don't currently have an heir.
You are most likely playing a female character. Its a known issue. We are waiting on a "set_mother" command from Paradox.

does, set_father work with targeting a female character? like it wouldnt be perfect but would be something?
When female vampires create childer right now, they should be of your house. Vampires are set to elective succession. So if someone in your house is an heir, it should not be game over. You are missing out on a mother/child opinion bonus. set_father won't work.

Reactions:
When female vampires create childer right now, they should be of your house. Vampires are set to elective succession. So if someone in your house is an heir, it should not be game over. You are missing out on a mother/child opinion bonus. set_father won't work.

It's not quite just that they won't be placed on the tree but off to the side, so they won't have cousin/distant relation links. Electors seem to take that distance into account too., and it's a hell of an immersion thing. Also for non elective succession lines, connection to Caine and just, everything else. Like yeah. one thing won't work but the rest would. I hadn't even worried about that opinion bonus. No worries though if the team don't care about the dynasty tree placement, it's just what I was thinking about with the suggestion.

For a far in the future idea, once other supernaturals are added in, like say atleast three other kinds. Have you considered if random vampires would be removed? So any vampire character would be traceably descended from their progenitor? Like it couldn't happen now but like once theres werewolves and changelings and junk everywhere?

For a far in the future idea, once other supernaturals are added in, like say atleast three other kinds. Have you considered if random vampires would be removed? So any vampire character would be traceably descended from their progenitor? Like it couldn't happen now but like once theres werewolves and changelings and junk everywhere?
There are something like 40,000 characters when the mod starts. We plan to have some game rules that very the census. I can tell you for werewolves, we would definitely have randoms as they have mortal lifespans and there isn't enough lore to fill the map like we have done with Vampires. Also, we have made alot of effort to make the random vampires to be believable characters in terms of their clan, path, coat of arms in relation to culture and geography. In the lore, most vampires probably can not trace their lineage back to Caine. It may even be possible that Caine is NOT the progenitor of all vampires. I think the ambiguity about some houses/dynasties is not a bug. Its very in keeping with the lore. That said, for our 1230 bookmark, I think almost all of the Dukes and some of the counts are canon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Loving the mod so far (spend my entire teenage years attending Vampire Larps like a closet goth) small question tho, did you disabled mortal breeding? Playing as a Tzimisce neonate and I was trying to do some eugenics to give myself a decent option for a childe (since ghouls and revenants aren't implemented yet) and after 3 tries, my courtiers don't seem to be getting any action.

Courtiers don't have kids in vanilla either as far as I know. Only landed rulers and their relatives. CK3 is way less lax on the whole "Keep the number of characters stable to avoid murdering the engine" than CK2 was.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Courtiers don't have kids in vanilla either as far as I know. Only landed rulers and their relatives. CK3 is way less lax on the whole "Keep the number of characters stable to avoid murdering the engine" than CK2 was.

Thank you, I should try landing one them, but then I read culling would be a problem. Can't win, eh? I'll be honnest, breeding lowborns has never been a focus of mine in vanilla.

Yeah, I'm playing a female vampire. It's good to hear they will be in the line of succession, although I still have the "no heir" notification.

Frankly one of the things I would like is more room to breed humans. Seems like it would make up for the dimension missed out on with the obvious vampire stuff. Having the capability to produce a child with preferred traits who you would then embrace as your childer. It would also be cool if you could get your vassals/courtiers to embrace people for you.

Yeah, I'm playing a female vampire. It's good to hear they will be in the line of succession, although I still have the "no heir" notification.

Frankly one of the things I would like is more room to breed humans. Seems like it would make up for the dimension missed out on with the obvious vampire stuff. Having the capability to produce a child with preferred traits who you would then embrace as your childer. It would also be cool if you could get your vassals/courtiers to embrace people for you.
One of our team may have found a workaround that will be in the next update. You might not see your child as a child until you reload a save, but it should help with heirs. Also one issue is that counties are limited to gender equal primogeniture rather than elective succession. That was probably causing issue with female player characters.

Breeding of ghouls into revenants is on our to do list!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Princes of Darkness, Version 1.0.3.6, September 14, 2020
- Diablerie scheme has been massively reworked and expanded. Scheme targets will now try to avoid the diablerie through use of fleeing, hiding, mesmerism or entrancement (this is not even the final form!) Failing that, they will fight their attacker. Risks are much greater now, and failure more likely than not. This was a highly requested feature. Torpor vampires can no longered be diablerized, we will write a separate event chain for that. - Sparc
- Added a telepathy power to discover a secret from target. - thaumaturge
- Added an interaction to blood bond prisoner. - thaumaturge
- Improved blood bonds with a flag to determine if you already have a full bond with someone else and piety costs for religions that are against bonding . Plus an extremely minor event in which you get stress. - thaumaturge
- Added a personal interaction to reduce masquerade exposure, has several options. - thaumaturge
- Rough fix for female player characters embracing childer and being regarded as potential heris. - Jernfalk
- Huge update to localizaiton - FaolDeTeine
- Fix for missing 10th generation secret assignment for Unclear lines of descent for independent Dynasties in Character Generator. - Sparc
- Canon vampires at 1230 will be at least 16 years old. - Sparc
- The ratio of random unlanded characters being mortals vs. vampires has greatly increased in favor of mortals. - Sparc
- Blood Surges now last one year with a three year cooldown. - Sparc
- All vampires may now spawn armies with mass ghouls and mass embraced vampires. - Sparc
- Shapeshifted forms no longer have a duration. A character is in a shifted form until they make a decision to revert to 'human'. Characters must return to human before taking on another non-humanoid form. If you are a 3D modeller who is reading this change log, we could use your help with some shapeshift forms. Yes, you. - Sparc
- Diablerie, Summon, Entrance, Rationalize, Bloodbond schemes no longer can target vampires in torpor. - Sparc
- Added Nagaraja, Kiasyd, Maeghar, Gargoyle, True Brujah, Old Clan Tzimisce, Harbringer of Skulls and Cacophony to inherit clan effect. - Sparc
- Unlimited Vassal Contract Modification. - iCECORE https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2224813245
- Found mortals now has a more accurate representation of what sort of people you would find randomly at night on the medieval era. - Karde
- Peasant leaders are no longer all reincarnations of Alexander giving you an easy 30+ martial prisoner whenever you want. Goes into common/scripted_character_templates. - Karde
- Reduced the likelihood of peasant faction spawning to make room for other, more threatening ones. - Karde
- Fix for Vlad, Tyler and Giangaleazzo not actually adventuring after spawning. - Karde
- Fix for the dynasty legacy unlocking part of the objectives. - Karde
- Fix for broken Werter DNA. - Karde
- Greatly boosted our Adventurers (+Izhim) event armies, notably with men at arms. - Karde
- Fix for the titles objectives not having vamp elective. - Karde
- Fixed Aksum and Golconda mismatched realms. - Karde
- Fixed Izydor and Zamra Matoub localized names. - Karde
- Fixed Serbia's orthodox provinces. - Karde
- Expanded Via Liberatio's description. - Karde
- Fixed localization bug with presence. - Sparc
- Did a little fix in the masquerade increase scripted effect. - thaumaturge
- Added event type icons for auspex, dominate and presence. - hastur
- Added event themes for auspex, dominate and presence. - Sparc
- Road of Night now has conviction rather than conscience virtue tenet. - Sparc
- Vampires can now hunt mortals while at war. - Sparc
- Added interaction icons for Coverup Masquerade and Telepathy Spying. - Sparc
- Spawn Army and Call Animals now have a 12 month cool down. - Sparc
- You can no longer have a private herd of ghouled horses of variable quality. - Sparc
- One Hundred New Portraits!:
FaolDeTeine: Gratiano
Wata: John DeYork, Saint Regis, Viktor, Geoffrey du Temple, Goratrix, Matasuntha, Chinkhai, Thetmes, Sejanus, Isouda, Vencel Rikard, Magda, Hektor, Niktia, Aconia, Melusine, Hukros, Vola the Red, Antinous the Boy-King, Mithras (revision, now less "dweeby"), Morrow, Fabrizo Ulfilia, Roque, Arnulf Jörmungandrsson, Darvag, Marconius, Shaagra, Etienne De Poitiers, Petaniqu, Celestyn, Bindusara, Cretheus, Xavier de Cincao, Azaneal, Wulfgar, Milov Petrenkov, Norbert Von Xanten, Albin, Ardan Lane, Adana De Sforza, Antara, Montano (revision), Sophoniba, Jamal, Jerek Slobodny, Mandiraili Sotko, Titus Brutus, Jolanta, Eshumnazar, Geidas, Horst De Novara, Edward De Warene, Valdur, Guthur, Mikkel, Andreal, Gunnar Jacobson, Anatole, L'Enfant Perdu, Marcellus Rufus, Bela Rusenko, Dionysius, Fatima al-Faqadi, Fortinbras, Hilderic, Karmenita Yoryari, Leopold Valdemar, Rutor, Ismael
Jernfalk: Qarakh, Josephus
Miskatonic81: Anna Komnene
Tyronis: Callisti Y Castillo, Ambrosio Luis Mondcado, Natalya Syatoslav, Zamra Matoub, Alferic of Szatmar, Filaereus of Freistadt, Biturges, Divino, Karl the Blue, Lotharius, Mendacamina, Badr, Jurgen von Verden, Andreas Aegyptus, Erik Longtooth, Juliote De Sost, Veronique d'Orelans, Malgorzata, Constancia, Jarvais Bani, Tabitha al Masri
bickando: Fan Wan Kuei (revision), Chuang Tzu, Esclarmonde la Noire
Albin: Noriz, Velya the Flayer, Gorchist, Yorak, Tabak, Szechenyi Jolan

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Diablerie and Telepathy
1600059773452.png

1600059935536.png

1600059549882.png

1600059675717.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
should we start a new game with the update? was using .13 in my current game but i see the launcher automatically updated the mod to .15 :(
We've had reports that save games are not working well with this update. So you probably want to start a new game. We are slowing down on updates in the future because of potential to ruin saves. This was a pretty big update. The larger the update, the more likely save games will have trouble.