• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Princes of Darkness, Version 1.0.3, September 3, 2020

Compatible with Crusader Kings III version 1.0.3
- Fixes to Nosferatu, Gangrel objective decisions so that they no longer include liege's realm to be achieved. This should greatly reduce the Gangrel event "Crash of Civilization". - Karde
- Presence: Summon, Presence: Entrancement schemes are now locked to the relevant Presence perks or the Advanced Presence trait. - Sparc
- Dominate: Rationalize scheme is now locked to the relevant Dominate perks or the Advanced Dominate trait. - Sparc
- Disabled picking "mortal" as a splat in Character Generator, for now. - Sparc
- Disabled all "World of" Game Rules except "World of Monsters", for now. - Sparc
- Embraces now happen in a "secluded" place. - Sparc

• 1Like
Reactions:
I notice Lycanthropy in the religious doctrines, are the Garou/Werewolves playable?
I hope when we get werebeasts the other werebeasts are added to. Give me the weretigers and werelions, give me the were-spiders, and wereravens. :D

I'm more interested in the Mage side of WoD, but this looks fantastic! Will give it a spin!

Reactions:
I notice Lycanthropy in the religious doctrines, are the Garou/Werewolves playable?
Check back in 2021. Though we are going to let Patrons influence whether we develop Werewolves or Mages first. Our short term plan for the Winter is to do the mortal Shadow Inquisition hunters, since they work well as antagonists to vampires and give a good reason to keep Masquerade exposure low.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Check back in 2021. Though we are going to let Patrons influence whether we develop Werewolves or Mages first. Our short term plan for the Winter is to do the mortal Shadow Inquisition hunters, since they work well as antagonists to vampires and give a good reason to keep Masquerade exposure low.
Thats pretty fair, hunters seem like a good one to focus on.

• 1Like
Reactions:
How much reality warping will mages be able to do? since according to mage the ascension reality works via consensual reality? can mages turn vampires into lawn chairs :p

How much reality warping will mages be able to do? since according to mage the ascension reality works via consensual reality? can mages turn vampires into lawn chairs :p
We would do an interpretation more like Dark Ages Mage, Mage: the Sorcerers Crusade, or most likely Ars Magica. Probably most likely Ars Magica with additional magical orders based on Dark Ages Mage lore.

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
We would do an interpretation more like Dark Ages Mage, Mage: the Sorcerers Crusade, or most likely Ars Magica. Probably most likely Ars Magica with additional magical orders based on Dark Ages Mage lore.
Thats fine as I love Ars Magica lore, not a fan of the game system but the lore? I adore it. So this makes me excited. :D

I'm running into an issue where choosing the character creator at the start of a game ages the character portrait to be very old. (maybe wiping the vampire trait enables aging or something?)

I'm running into an issue where choosing the character creator at the start of a game ages the character portrait to be very old. (maybe wiping the vampire trait enables aging or something?)
Known issue, fix in the next update. We will set your apparent age to 30. Later, we'll add a chargen page where you can choose your apparent age.

Whats wrong with another language execpt english? The text in game look weird, like a strings from game files. Can i fix it somehow by myself or i must wait until some one translate this mod to another language?

Localization has changed a lot since CK2. Basically, it doesn't default to English anymore, so if it isn't localized in your language, it will just not localize at all.
The only solution is to play in English... or to help/start the task of localizing the mod in your language.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey, my friend and I are trying to play this mod in multiplayer together, but we keept getting an error "mismatch in CoA" and it asks to either exit game or continue singleplayer. We are crossplaying between Microsoft gamepass and Steam. Is this the issue or is multiplayer just unplayable with this mod?

Hey, my friend and I are trying to play this mod in multiplayer together, but we keept getting an error "mismatch in CoA" and it asks to either exit game or continue singleplayer. We are crossplaying between Microsoft gamepass and Steam. Is this the issue or is multiplayer just unplayable with this mod?
It should work with multiplayer. It might be that your versions of the mod are slightly off. We released 3 updates since CK3 launched. We haven't tested with GamePass.

Princes of Darkness, Version 1.0.3.1, September 4, 2020

- Optional Game rule added that will allow NPC vampire rulers to learn lifestyle perks after startup. Choose it for a harder mid-game. - Sparc
- Adjust CharGen to remove relationship to old relatives. - Sparc
- Fixed CharGen issue with Road of Set misdirect to Road of Metamorphosis. - ParametersOfAName/Sparc
- CharGen will now set immortal age appearance to 30. We'll add an event to allow player to choose their age appearance later. - Sparc
- Fixed monthly income on ducal buildings - Gworn
- It's now, as intended, excessively expensive to switch off vampire_elective succession law. The more titles you have, the less domain you can hold. - Karde
- Fixed forced conscription 03 giving 150% reduced maintenance instead of 15%. - Karde
- Added the Ordos religions in the fallback for traditions_governments. - Karde
- Localization fixes for cultural modifiers, government modifiers and POD scheme modifiers. - FaolDeTeine
- New Ordo Aenigmatis, Via Divinitatis faith symbols. - Hastur
- New event window type icons for quietus, serptentis and vicissitude. - Hastur
- Redone ce_skeleton_01 and ce_skeleton_02 coat of arms coat of arms colored emblems. New ce_skeleton_03 and ce_nosferatu_helm_03 coat of arms colored emblems. - Hastur

Last edited:
News Roundup:

• 5Like
Reactions:
I know that the primary source of inspiration for this mod is Vampire: the Masquerade, but does it have any influence from Vampire: the Requiem?
I really wanted to know if the Lancea et Sanctum are in the game.
Will this mod focus only on the vampires, or will the other supernatural races of the World of Darkness appear as well in the future?