• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Changes all look great, definetly going to give Wu Tian a try

Could there be prey types added so your vamp can prefer to hunt fae/changelings or werewolfs with associated stigmas and secrets?

ok so random question, but from what book are the drangon tooths MaAs come from, I've searched sorcerer revisited and found nothing an i'm really curious to their lore.

ok so random question, but from what book are the drangon tooths MaAs come from, I've searched sorcerer revisited and found nothing an i'm really curious to their lore.
Dark Ages: Mage pg.198

• 2Like
Reactions:
Princes of Darkness, "Yuletide" "the Revenge of Mrs. Claus", Version 1.11.4, Change Log 1/24/2024
Princes of Darkness, "Yuletide" "the Revenge of Mrs. Claus", Version 1.11.4, Change Log 1/24/2024
  • Compatibility with Crusader Kings 3 version 1.11.4 (Peacock)
  • Compatibility with North African Attire Content Creator Pack
  • Congratulations from the POD team to El Tyranos on your successful DLC release
  • Fix for Mrs. Claus nickname

• 2Like
Reactions:
That "Horrid Reality" Spell stuck on my character as a battle modifier even tho years have passed. Can't get rid of it anyone can help ?
1707141334196.png

There is a maintenance event that looks for issues like these and fixes them. It can take 5ish years to fire. If it didn't, you likely have a mod conflict.

• 1Like
Reactions:
now that fae have happened, what is it the next splat being worked on?

also can I do anything to ensure that I, not some other leader of my clan, makes the decision about camillia/sabbat?
Also for, eugenics reasons, it'd be cool if I could offer my demonic vassals a mortal as a host, like how you can recommend embrace, to get them to have a host I can breed with my remnants ?

Princes of Darkness, "Imbolc", Version 1.11.5, Change Log 2/6/2024
Princes of Darkness, "Imbolc", Version 1.11.5

Change Log 2/6/2024:
  • Compatibility with Crusader Kings 3 version 1.11.5 (Peacock)
  • Compatibility with "Couture of the Capets" DLC

1707279223468.png

Salianna and Geoffrey du Temple are only trying on this drip for the purposes of this screenshot. You can select the Capet Couture in the barbershop and some random French characters may wear the new clothing, but the canon characters will continue to wear their earlier outfits.

We are going to have some big changes to clothing based on house color in the future.
Work in Progress teaser:

1707279315273.png

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
now that fae have happened, what is it the next splat being worked on?

also can I do anything to ensure that I, not some other leader of my clan, makes the decision about camillia/sabbat?
Also for, eugenics reasons, it'd be cool if I could offer my demonic vassals a mortal as a host, like how you can recommend embrace, to get them to have a host I can breed with my remnants ?

Independent hunters, a "mini splat" of sorts will be next.
Fera will most likely be the next big splat, though 3D models might stop us.
For the thorns representative question, if you are the only emperor of your clan, you are very very likely to be the one chosen. Though there is always a part of randomness.
There are some pieces moving to tweak demon gameplay happening right now, but I don't think what you suggest is on the table.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Are pre-game start diablerie's represented?
i.e. is Michael dwelling inside Mary or etc? and if so, if I eat Mary and get possessed would it be by her or Michael?
Also I think thinblood embracing mechanic is a bit wobbly? instead of thinblood traits you just get full strength vamps with no generation label below the highest generation? (when using recommend embrace interaction I havent tested other methods)
Thanks

There are no thinbloods in the game at the start and no way to make them spawn. So they aren't supported beyond having a trait.

Pre startdate diablerie are only represented by the diablerist trait/secret and change of generation, not by potential possession.

• 1Like
Reactions:
is shapeshifters other than werewolves playable like kitsune,nagah,ratkin? i see traits and some content for them,but they are not available anywhere other than console.
You answered your own question. Not available yet. You can only get them by console. The portrait models are in and being used by some Pooka in the Fae bookmark, but those textures need polish, and we have to build up all the other aspects to make them playable like canon characters, bookmarked characters, faiths, objective decisions, lore, etc... Fera is our next planned big update.

Hunters & Heists
\*record scratch\* \*freeze frame\* Yup, that’s me. Karl Schrekt. You’re probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.

D6xNCqk2rYmFtE5_-47kPmjV3dwpKqDL5ICLxSqlw2Gs0sdz-jZMO1CeUR6hL-fFClRx8mC46ddxmpr-NilYDeV942nuyOlOMoqJz5d-N4zs5_zDbh-3hn74KlRCFKoa-kcKU89nmpNZbKVXiJ1BK-A

Well, it all started when they said Princes of Darkness wasn’t difficult enough…

A New Bookmark

Bw0seCEYtQDz9yTmYMEFwtkAPNbg5iQrF7gI0EJ19WqDF8_I5eEx6bz59amfV0XFZbomEvmP5CnyE-3bvDL4fuBtbjP1Vgh2MJnBiK0WOWfBlbaeOUL4FcFAtHPA9R0gDRtNo4E66clPdRuPBU9kBoQ

So here are the true underdogs of the World of Darkness: Hunters without the backing of the Church. Some of them might look familiar to you, if you’ve played the mod before. Others are new to the scene. What unites them is their difficult starting position. Most of these are Counts with only a single province to their name. Most of these don’t even have True Faith! So get ready for an uphill battle.

Our contestants are:
  • Bayezid and Basil Gantenbein, the infamous “Ghoulbros” of Calomena’s Forsaken. Their economy is as atrocious as ever, and they received a new intro event letting you choose which of the two brothers to start as.
  • Ma Yi Yuan of the Shih, an Asian order of Hunters who use Chi for supernatural feats.
  • Demetrios Chomatenos of the Akritai, an Eastern Orthodox order who can mend the schism with their Catholic brethren.
  • Ishaq ibn Jamil of the Ikhwan al-Safa, Muslim Hunters who can unleash the power of the Black Stone inside the Kaaba if they take Mecca from the Vampires.
  • Nachmanides of the Judges, a Jewish order of Hunters who can rediscover the esoteric magics of Theurgy.
  • Emerik of the Warriors of Dazbog, Slavic Pagan Hunters fighting a losing battle against the Tzimisce.
  • Qorjin of Qorjin’s Baghatur, Mongol Hunters who uniquely have friendly relations with Werewolves.
  • Karl Schrekt. He’s Karl Schrekt.
Not pictured in this bookmark screen is Jeanne Roullet, a new one-county Hunter of the Shadow Inquisition, sitting in the powder keg that is supernatural France. She’s seen some things.

k9uVelImuTy3YaoJ4hPoDSACk80ven4XO4_KScH2HELyk-X__yuVnVzmA1KOUoxfC_6wtZwAq55rLBiG8ucm0uQR2WGauwn4m9oYD-rYivCtoDhDb3uA9Nn1MKomgTeh6OsNlxX4Kvj8nyu-7P_KSZ8

And if Karl Schrekt is your favorite childe, fear not. If you don’t start the game as him, he will quietly disappear from the map, so he can show up later during his event chain.

Miracles

To level the playing field against the creatures of the night, pious characters get access to some new toys. The Beatific trait now has an experience track, representing True Faith above 5 dots.

lTqws8YxkOF9cYSBQO_g0dQ2HswHloOFxgiyjzDzKrtHydLINxDvidG7aHiGkr9SwbNokJNT8wlJeEaf39ZvfptO0s3mtvnN0aBvJtCQml5b6tQ-fc3AN2llY0-GTQcerZqN-WPacnZAsvxwrJbSGPc

Which isn’t to say these powers are easy to come by. You can reach level 2 by healing others or having your Court Chaplain convert county faiths, but beyond that, you gain experience mostly by hunting Demons and sending them back to Hell. Check the changelog for the full list of details.

You can also gain experience through an expedition to the Astral Reaches. Speaking of…

Umbra expeditions

The Umbra is ever-shifting, and its rules are ever-changing. If you have explorers stationed in any of its realms, they might report back to you with the interesting discoveries they make. Then, you can go get them via the Slay-the-Spire minigame from the last update.

What kind of discoveries? Well…

2rmBpqJX_NqfToIRsNAafRvoh8UemI_gbfkLZ7xs_oU-_kNxpzZHeN0voZLXHr4DEMxEwGnePBaMLNnaxBO-lwpsgDAluQBDgH2w6ljlIjnh18dnITHt-tiGe2jltWBUzqO_cl4P__jkf9ko-JDxHyo

You will have to find out for yourself.

Infiltration missions

Are you excited for landless play? We are too. It’s still a ways off, but that won’t stop us in our tireless quest to add Hot Tabletop Gameplay to this map-painting game. So here’s something new for your Coterie to do.

Theft.

8oTtqE-eqXAnVIsnfklZzpgcGZumaF-J-oM6jzcPdDebEygrVw3DH8h2ikoSfWOoExNj2r50GGNg4pOvfp0i1FsjLFwfrBsYGewtA5PTh2c-kx2cjZNsfnz8JppB_91IbW4z271dFw3eaLE8_IFMP_Q

Ah yes, Ocean’s Eleven. Truly the most archetypical of tabletop plots. Walk into someone else’s court like you own the place, rob them blind, and leave, with your victim being none the wiser. While you’re there, maybe enjoy some of the amenities.

5oJ25zU9YKBE9Z8mUYYS4-8wuEMj8kkQaxtN3HWSZCABUGN0ddpaKRtnetqfCm6nDtMnnQLd8FIvJnFvBvXIwKOm0UzFfnGfnp2xPBwmbpxYGAFgS27xfIjILmdxHskhYySw6MKxXfFUDluNp4W4vXo

You can gain some sweet rewards by exploring your enemies’ havens and gossiping with their courtiers. But the more you linger, the more you will attract attention. How much do you want to push your luck?

KtKoDaUgrBCu8Of0lEMjX6X97QGnOGuEg45IaPLFNguVGsqfVbKIBYa6SJdrvmzWmpycvRNoBdlHrwbip6WXk4eKZMbAEej8nugx_s3mSx3GmGHX6Y0T_jlPM4GfPJhpLHlYtoTVbvyY5AzAyL5ZCTg

New Graphics

For the Toreador among you, this update adds a number of improved character shaders. Here’s prettyboy Bezariel modeling the new Light Form, Shadow Form, and Umbra travel graphics.

yGRuSs54JA4_GJzVpM5OFGV8GC1cCq4ifVqyhUK1W62UkUSpmpuw9eLsv-_J0LHFrL6rf2OyiiVxNNcNkyoDyl3IqtUoHmNM8jUrfbnoTfS7Z-dGxBp67OEY5sJLoVfqPi0z9Cl2oJLL5UDpTWc-7-A
FnUpo4w0OCf_rNiAr0mEW2QHpGSXwBstvigs2qN1V6-i_rp5LWHVClQkT8CGn4QPNF-co1RY_FJpdJziuPtK_iQkfJ8QfL4UHfZt7pU9jLFSYe3XotfYrtyLDWnsAJNTaQq97h23PHgD4UXGkMI7rdM
kRjIrJNHCbx6x6E5OrEa8drsnQ3sy03esmvuiuiF9U8Zn3qn8oIz1vCcMHl3ZDIKivjXUvP_UQWrR8Dgzr4kjneizKLJfX-KgvzzTHl_sCqTKhcprepPacRkZt4fE9FL-OsnyCaynQ9e_jzjYLNLyWI

Pictured here: One stressed and one chill Ondine.

0GwyeUC6oRdJSaZPUl1Ee65ZAQw83uyXO7FphGicgxU9ez4P6xbh6kwIEM3u1YgTXmIKmF7q3m8pjKAtvQP2UaGG3jhxp5np4-hYvC3-5LN-Q_zE9rbLv4oRSL0sIEl0hdLg-I4K0z5RXJqvAoGc4S8

But that’s not all. We delved too greedily and too deep, and unearthed some Advanced Shader Jank that lets us set clothing colors via script.

What does that mean? Well, a few things. For one, you can now set a dresscode for all the members of your house if you’re the House Head. We look forward to the neon pink monstrosities our community will come up with.

7lYqY_YQ1n1eWwxqWM84do6T1Q6xteP_pECpqbVvCxDsaxddz3T6MtIVzrZS4vTBjUc6bV6PI5Wjuw-9KN6ttd49uWSqdJfaHtjxHQgbCYVpxxLDPcsXDyQVnTrKywJnBSes5cAvGu3W9ThDFjUwUjs

In addition to this, almost every house on the map will have some default colors set.

txYMtoK-qFt0WSFhG1UAZhC0MeQ4hzq8p7CNk-2Pf7H-6aShtphT5RzeSTQmMUAenoBBztaVaB5LQQfKiAK8zdCVNhX7mGqQAHqZvBCxVj7tTY-LFBx1XNwn9G9zLnE6TctGagkTPgxnDJ63XdnnfyM

We like the new opportunities for visual storytelling this adds to the mod. For example, the Tvarivich Twins are united in purpose, but the Fiefs of the Black Cross are divided between white-black-gold Hardestadt and purple-gold Antasia.

3Piw4gLbMaVzezCUKn1q5et27VxU1wpPY8XkBztg3wXCzmcfCfyhsqScyTA6XQqFr7n9pR1sVE8yb2YhzSKGdUYvbXatMJDE6VykGuoZ-irXndru5hI1xYQP0gvnlg6Lp7mTCF9AFDsVFDpITaTvqE0
EgFHyxt8Jju2LOSnwZpXpPI09UBOYPOnq7Wi4BGdz74EikvtUNmG85i7w9DwjHCctCX2msNK9tM3RbwN6F1CeGU-MVlyCT5uf3WOF7DU2R2fee-qpwawcFhoGADLuRMISAlcLeHPd2Ba0g1n-rxh7cQ

There are SO many styles to discover. Like, so many.

1EWfEdfwWaj5C1UUo9MMF3Z-Cwnv4rXTxU5RaQHYEYhlVsu9xEfssTYffcFpHFy_yhiJKmqj45nd2Xuc3vE1CDp8LWGKbic7h4YPjR9-WuugvnWQZ23eqjAiMuaTFTf7Z4Yrm-81SMqqPZ0fNGhVdDo
UBTqoB72aE3Zx_wqzGzdgbVK-_W1EvjhvYptOOlxFaNszmNsceuzqmM-BsfEaqbnQUJT9jKH04n0OCkaT4Non92DCrIKjeMHT3xP_R0OcAHcoqQKfluYujjXxHDjMBU9fX53tSjhbRaYb7TUYqz1q2E

zuOtyE5PcXlHRoYLaRramWJbKKrpkEUBoPwZDJmaZMbMAv8zUWkGKhg2KLPOgRt2UAbpZnSgQFZORvh2IRxx_Lp2Fe9DceABH5XfSNQ5jCC_Z2LhIUlD2uveIvUd9BqHP_8QfZeRril5VlmmMsYOd7M
rBI0DGfxlI2ZJrusVP4eDLjTBOH07jfvw0yLnfuN8ngB8uSqs7z34sbBWgmkibEeCeBOTEiBE4QHfHA-it07O84ApUMGPD5dY9jYp4jZmziY4DQtTJI9WJ1cPl2wl6e_orhlum1Q9gbAr-KpA5O32ss

WUyaIh3X9qDCArSfb0I19JSu13rEJgsoQ_XgJKtEcSrpkCOlY9w8JpCasXVHdKqTXzENe1XpEklzI_DBQbZ0JuUqtBuTjdlNjEd1s3AzmaEMmFtG744FAXSh51K_q6RvCWzI5RxuGtR7RDyKDJKTklI
13S0MPtp23y7mNVYiQQ-hbf9H9yuyeJaZx6dm9V1ER8oE-otCG-U56EvENdF5VgjluBPA5MtUvkivQKhOYI42APocO6jfgRXD8PP-H-kV0Hm_ZVLApL06gy08xglYCcE4A6_BRgreDf0JBW3kwrXYV8

Mhi83MNgB2hY73FxFGF6FnwssjFic0U98mvxa1_cHpIpe-i4RwFvKXHJ7cvxSRp6YxRYKNmzfB8YHdFCZdUFnp7juVmWnJd6ogoA3EOqDceLETGTbTbVmDTb9544rPEAuUIzPKQyxAoCtvwMkl6NiL4
ZkhAr39ZwDK496K_E3MSwhwLpEz2ilzz5959bJPsdkydoWKnIGDVMKwJ3aBeqyLf3XbWpZl719cv94-qeo99okL4i5yNe7w1vCE_Dow-UV1QlawES1GNIScWZmrydlV8-0b8RFRbijnmt2vVUEWKUl8

NLa8sHdp6AgS_cKrCOwh0alA-QMLfmhugK18uwvHK-u2dbu11yFPrLtVJm5AD2X_jjG7HO5NAF1nqZSlTCL5WdvQjf8MaQu1tNgMIadyYw409iCXgYVJXi-r7tAGVGMNPpC58v3axuGJRbEcALcYrDw
8tPpQp6EHj0tVtIalgU1J_G9X7u1GinmlYgRqcwcpe4pe7SNt6NbKSp1RBV_aILMwliVOX5ba-K5oWN9Gwm4ak2QN0boUqIoKMgWGeUt7XNF-uOuyvGLc4nQiBofW9k_UbPUqyX-VewgIidBZ7kSI4k

0ZawJeIMPJ98JIJT-bMIzTePoPaRbv34UMBa39PTH8vIAsLWV9H9A9N0KucasaaTV5yviXX-nYaXZ6h9mL3jLqmfXkgrvs3Y6Ii8FByA44i5ksbUisBdjhVt-FOhTOoy_oU5EAtKtOT1YsFM-8A7Fh0
bx3m7nMQplTNNm8jq8PtZN6WEV_fDXLrX2WntZ4-b1Sdx23xN7mjuN92K0L0d-CBxW8fQ_Yn-csaSQmvLuTquUjisjfaQoVcJ5PsNb_OIQFUizpA5BdHbliiS2__Mm5o3taXdfFaqTunWySTCHmVoKg

So what are you waiting for? The denizens of the night need to see your drip.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Princes of Darkness, "Hunters & Heists", Version 1.12.1, Change Log, 1/5/2024

Princes of Darkness, "Hunters & Heists", Version 1.12.1, Change Log, 3/5/2024​

• Compatible with Crusader Kings 3 Version 1.12.1 "Scythe" and "Legends of the Dead" DLC
  • Version control
  • Nightification of "Legends of the Dead" DLC Event Windows and Story Illustrations

Hunter focus​

• Added a new hunter bookmark
  • Added a generic set of localization for the find lair scheme
  • Added Qorjin's Baghatur and the Warriors of Dazbog hunter faiths
  • Ikwan al Safa now accept Mages and Magick in general; They are allied to the Taftani in lore. So will be relevant later
  • Added Jeanne Roullet, the founder of the order of St Joan, as a playable character. Intended for those looking for a difficult Inquisitor experience. The order of St Joan can only initiate women (like the sisters of st john) and doesn't benefit from Shadow Inquisition's blessings and other powers. Jeanne herself is a theurgist however (the first playable) and can initiate her pupils into being theurgists themselves.
  • Hunters now have their own set of buildings. Inquisitors, who already have theirs, aren't impacted. Shih now use the hunters buildings instead of the inquisitors ones.
  • Find lair can now be used to hunt werewolves, fae and demons in addition to the usual vampires. These hunts are smaller events than the big vampires ones, but help hunters having new targets to hunt in the battle royale map
  • Non Inquisitors hunters now have unique dynasty legacies
  • Polished and expanded the existing ikhwan, judges and akritai objectives
  • Added objectives for the Qorjin's Baghatur, Warriors of Dazbog and Independent Hunters faiths
  • Added characters for the non Inquisitors hunters, landed at least one of them for each faction
  • Added an introduction event to explain non Inquisitors hunters
  • Small provincial religious changes to account for new hunters starts
  • Added lore buttons for the canon indep hunters
  • Bookmarked indep hunters have a starting event with some context and choice
  • Added Coats of Arms to Independent Hunter Dynasties and starting Realms
  • Leopold von Murnau now wears a black cassock like a proper Dominican
  • Added 6 indep hunters portraits by Anastasios
  • The Shih objective now requires killing 20 Kuei-Jin instead of expanding your realm
  • Tweaked the ghoulbros start and added a starting event to them

Infiltration missions​

• A new type of Journey that lets you and your Coterie sneak around in someone else's court. Make sure not to let your Suspicion get too high!
  • New Journeys in this update:
    • Steal Gold: Take as much gold from another's treasury as you can get away with
    • Artifact Heist: Steal an artifact and try to smuggle it out
  • Kemintiri now starts with -25 Suspicion during Infiltration missions. Helena will start with -15 after she finishes her objective

Umbra Expeditions​

• You can now freely travel between Umbra realms, without having to complete the adventure minigame every time
  • Instead, you gain access to Umbra expeditions when your stationed explorers find interesting things in the Umbra. The likelihood of this is based on their Umbra exploration speed
  • Umbra expedition nodes will no longer have artifact chests in them. Chests might instead spawn at the very end of an expedition
  • Certain Umbra events (like Dah for Kuei-Jin) were turned into rewards for Umbra expeditions. There are also many new ones. Can you find them all?
  • The Umbra map now closes the Umbra window and shows a list of all currently stationed Umbra explorers
  • You can now use Coterie skills during Umbra expeditions
  • Certain splats can now physically enter Umbra expeditions, which makes failures during skill checks result in wounds (instead of stress gain)

Gameplay additions​

• Miracles
    • Beatific is now a tiered trait, opening up various Miracles
    • Gain trait XP through:
      • Lay on Hands (up to 25 XP)
      • Converting a character to your faith (up to 25 XP)
      • Converting a county to your faith with your Court Chaplain (up to 50 XP)
      • Banishing Demons via interaction, or hunting them via Journey
      • Finishing Inquisition Objectives
      • Gaining the final perks of Holy Arts
      • Gaining Theurgy perks
      • Through a rare Umbra Expedition in the Astral Reaches
    • Lose trait XP by committing theft (**10 XP) or torture (**100 XP)
    • Artifacts that once gave Beatific now give a specific Miracle instead.
    • There are less characters starting with TF now and almost no character starting with Beatific. Lowered Vittoria's health penalty to compensate
    • Beatific characters with 20+ trait XP can now banish Demons. At 80+ trait XP, they can do so without knowing the Demon's Celestial Name
  • Added various House Lore lifestyle trees from Demon: The Fallen
  • Added a new lifestyle tree for Chi-using Infernalists: Investments of Soul. Players can get perk points by exploring the Yomi Wan (Thousand Hells) in the Umbra
  • Added 4 new perks to Hellweaving (Kuei-Jin Demon Arts)
  • Added 7 possible events that may interupt the embrace scheme
  • Fae can now steal children and turn them into Changelings via character interaction
  • Fae can now turn their dreamers into Changelings via character interaction
  • Fae can now get heirs by turning a sprite into a Fae via decision. This works like the similar Kuei-Jin decision
  • Added a unique objective for Hsien
  • Characters who've explored the Yomi Wan can now send their bound Wraiths to hell, which might turn them into Kuei-Jin
  • Certain perks that let you command animals now also let you call your pets to war
  • Exploring the Great Engine in the Deep Dreaming now lets you add a Development growth bonus to provinces where you control the Umbra
  • Added an interaction to Fae that lets them call other members of the Patron council to wars
  • Added an option under Command Puppet that is usable on hunters to have them use the Inquisition Hunt scheme against your target
  • Added 4 artifacts
  • Added 10 new Plasmic and Whistimmu men-at-arms that can be discovered via Umbra Expedition
  • Demons can now change another character's sexuality with the Revelation perk
  • Added the Great Maelstroms, which will make the Shadowlands more dangerous to explore during times of great upheaval (like the Black Death)

Gameplay changes​

• Demons now have cultists in addition to thralls. Most mechanics that previously used thralls (like Arcana XP gain) now use cultists instead. You can now only have a limited amount of thralls (based on your Intrigue)
  • Demons no longer get the Fallen trait when possessing a human host
  • Added Kuei-Jin lifestyle XP bonuses to Dharma traits
  • Nerfed effects that debuff Fort Level across the board
  • Teleport abilities now only work if the army you command has 1500 soldiers or fewer
  • You can now only attempt to bind the same Wraith every 10 years
  • Changelings can now be ghoulified
  • Characters from the Ruler Designer can now become Changelings by interacting with a lover/friend
  • The energy costs of Reweaving and Will over Form are now paid after selecting traits, not before
  • Piety and blood costs for Will over Form are now in line with other abilities if used on your own character
  • Mummies and Fae can now learn the true names of traits via a character interaction on characters whose full true name they know
  • Characters with Vicissitude Advanced can now learn anatomy via a character interaction on prisoners. It also has the same effects as torture (and shares a cooldown with it)
  • The decision to learn anatomy now has higher costs and stricter requirements (need to be a physician or whole of body)
  • Any necromancer bloodline can join the Camarilla now, not just the Cappadocians
  • Brujah crime doctrines now apply to True Brujah as well. Cappadocian crime doctrines now apply to all necromancer bloodlines
  • Certain faiths now accept Demonology, while still considering Infernalism a crime
  • Hsien are now fully immortal (with resurrection) and infertile
  • Fae can no longer just ignore mental defenses
  • Demons now lose stress when successfully completing Tempt/Corrupt Schemes
  • Journeys that can be started via character interaction (Hunt, Find Hiding Place, Find Lair) are no longer limited to one. You can start as many of them as you want
  • Removed risk of incapable in hunt (vanilla) events
  • The AI is now more likely to refuse being turned into a Vampire or Shifter by sorcerers, especially if their faith despises those splats
  • Destroying the Masquerade via the Forever Indomitable decision now stops Inquisition factions from spawning
  • Breaking up with a lover now always gives stress instead of only if you are lustful
  • Nerfed nightmare trods
  • Increased the cost of Rhapsody
  • Refactored vanilla war declarations contracts to allow for banning individual vassals from waging wars
  • Nerfed a vanilla travel event potentially giving free prowess
  • Effects that remove injuries now also remove infections and gangrene
  • True Fae and spirit-type characters (like wraiths) can't get infected wounds anymore
  • The Santa decision no longer requires the Comfort Eater trait, since getting it through stress breaks is too inconsistent
  • The Gilgul interaction no longer requires Realm Actor relationships
  • The Transmogrify interaction can be used on rulers if they are in your prison
  • The mesmerize scheme now takes into account some perks, personality traits and generation difference for both the attacker and defender. The scheme encylopedia and in game tooltips describe which perks are relevant
  • Splats other than vampires now have defenses against mesmerize
  • Tweaked a potentially nonsensical vanilla death event
  • All characters who start with the Infernalist trait can now do the Demonology Journey for free
  • Bloodbonding scheme is no longer blocked by strong mental defenses, but is overall harder to succeed, uses a combination of both intrigue and prowess and the Unbondable trait or secret now correctly blocks the scheme and prisoner interactions
  • Removed the Gods and Monsters legacy track. No actual gameplay change. ==This "half track" was a bandaid back in the day to assign some rewards that were limited to dynasty perks. It's not needed anymore, it will reduce confusion to not have a bizarre locked half dynasty legacy at the top of the screen.
  • Web of Knives rework, client side : In regions where the WoK is present, you can now put a contract on another vampire (non Assamite) head. You will get clearer options and feedback on the cost, when to expect results and what kind of results they will most likely be
  • Web of Knives rework, assassin side : As a Banu Haqim on the road of blood religion, you will be offered contracts (roughly every 20 years). If you accept, you can use intrigue (lower risks, but not diablerie possibility) or a duel (to the death, can diablerize if you win) to fulfill it
  • Ephorate improvement : If an Ephor dies and a player is eligible, there is now an event to force your way in the Ephors without relying on randomness
  • Ephorate improvement : Ephors now have access to three unique and powerful court positions (strategoi, lictor and tribunes)
  • Increased the initial cost of the Sorcery Journey to 1000
  • You can now invite your spouse to your Coterie, even if they're not in the same realm as you
  • Direct vassals cannot use the Masquerade Exposure CB against fellow vassals if their liege does not practice the Masquerade
  • Gaining a new host as a Demon now resets Resolve to 0 instead of costing 5 Resolve, to prevent excessive stress gain from "overdrawing" Resolve
  • Fleshcrafted artifacts now give an opinion bonus with adherents of the Road of Metamorphosis, to offset the general opinion penalty
  • The Realm 5 perks don't require the Realm Mastery traits in non-fae bookmarks anymore, since the Realm Mastery Journey is impossible there
  • Degulo now actually swaps base stats with the victim
  • Dharma 10 now also lets one bypass strong mental defenses
  • Added opinion bonuses with Seelie faiths to the Faerie Kin perk (Fianna Tribe Gifts)
  • Added opinion bonuses with Unseelie faiths to the Unseelie Faerie Kin perk (Black Spiral Dancer Tribe Gifts)
  • Allows Demons to properly recommend embraces to their enthralled vassals
  • Allows Demons to soulforge wraiths without a Journeyman, as per lore they are capable of doing so
  • A Demon who uses the Healing Touch interaction now loses 1 Torment
  • Vampires now gain an opinion bonus from their victim after drinking their blood. Except for Giovanni, who get an opinion malus as per their clan curse
  • Added a 5 year cooldown to Bind Demon
  • Cannot Cross the Broken Mirror as a non-infernalist (Will be re-enabled after a re-work of Yomi Wan)
  • Fleshcrafted artifacts now take more of the victim's traits into account when determining the artifact's stat bonuses
  • You can now exchange grace for gold when communing with Charon. He no longer offers overpowered armies. (RIP)

History​

• Yorak and the Dracon now start with full knowledge of anatomy
  • Gave Elder Vicissitude to the Dracon (and the other "Dracon", after the takeover)
  • Added a missing Mummy (veil of night)
  • Made Nepos more stupid
  • Lore of the clans full read (10 characters, loading quotes, setup and history changes etc)
  • Added Maahes as the reincarnated cub of Sekhemet.
  • Created Per-Bast as Bubasti realm in the Nile Delta.
  • Fixed issues in the De Laurent dynasty
  • Initial creation of latest patron characters. those characters are: Galeria, Antonius, Dagaal, Constanza de Tudela, Sylven ap Sorel, Jayde, Aren Darkwell, Adrahasis, Alarvyne, Vincent Roaché, Ariyah

Trolle, Träumer, Tiefe Wälder​

• New Aesin Houses: Gibichung, Volsung, Nibelung
  • New Dynasties: Rubezahl, Lorelei, Hofmystikern
  • New Characters: Siegfreid Hein Gibichung, Gunther Volsung, Mairead Liam, Rubezahl, Edigna von Puch/Eileen, Georg, Lorelei, Kathrin Hofmystikern
  • New dead Characters: Gunther Gibichung, Siegfreid Volsung, Hagen Nibelung, Volsung, Sigmund Volsung, Alberich Nibelung, Kremhild Gibichung, Oda Gibichung, Gibica Gibichung
  • Added 8 nicknames
  • Melusine la Bretagne is alive and revised, per A Darkening Sky. Rivalry between Pressyne and Melusine d'Anjou ended.
  • New Coat of Arms Colored Emblemms: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Swords, Inanimae, Changeling
  • Title Coat of Arms Changes for Spring Court, Summer Court, Autumn Court, Winter Court, Wayland, Tandoor, Kapherah, Nicnivin, Taulandryn
  • New Landed Titles: Black Forest, Lost Legion, Krkonose (Giant Mountains), Rhineland
  • Fae Bookmark added Siegfried Hein, Halostian and Rubezahl
  • New Diarchies/Power Struggles: Androjai/Halostian, Donovan/Aife, Gunther/Primus
  • New Decisions: Reclaim Borbetomagus, Kingdom of Rhineland, Imperial Rhineland
  • Verdoren, the Green Man, now has a new look thanks to anastasionthearchivist. Subsequently, Verdoren has displaced Lailoken as the bookmarked Ghille Dhu Kithain Noble.
  • Diplomat Lifestyle trait spread around generously among landed Truce-Bearers to speed defensive negotiations alliances.
  • Truce-Bearers now have an Oath Truce tenet rather than Pacifism. More changes to tenet to come in the future.
  • Truce-Bearers now have Balanced Triat aligned
  • Militants are either Wyld or Wyrm aligned
  • Constantinian faiths now see saints as virtuous.
  • Most Summer Court faiths now have Summer Traditions tenet rather than Legalism (which was too similar to Oathsworn).
  • Most Spring Court faiths now have Spring Festivals tenet rather than Sanctity of Nature.
  • Most Autumn Court faiths now have Autumn Caucuses tenet rather than Sacred Lies.
  • Some Winter Court faiths now have Winter Rites tenet rather than Gruesome Festivals.
  • For the Unseelie morality, patient is no longer a sin and impatient is no longer a virtue.
  • Black Forest holy site is now b_sankt_blasien, still c_breisgau
  • Portrait Statue Effects: White Ladies all get white marble shader
  • Nicnivin is now a Troll because she is described in folklore as "ogress-like figure, a hag and giantess"
  • Increased Nicnivin's Diplomacy
  • With her new diplomatic acumen, Nicnivin has realized that keeping Callicantzaroi and the Duchy of Salerno is more trouble than its worth, and she has cut him loose.
  • Removed Polotsk, Vitebsk and Orsha from De Jure for Duchy of Underbridge
  • Added three Scottish folklore children for Nicnivin, helfpul for alliance marriages: Fachan (canon), Caoineag and Seonaidh
  • Added Court Languages to Sidhe Noble House Kingdom Titles
  • Fixed issue with Domari language invalidating Season Court Language map colors
  • First Born Fae who were Scottish will now be Gaelic, as Gaelic is still in play on our 1230 bookmark.
  • Added Black Spiral Dancer dynasties to Hive of the Unshriven Zealot/Scotland: Lamont, MacGriogair, MacNeil, Sandrison and MacLeod. Names are call backs to Final Nights Wyrmish characters. Added 7 Werewolf characters and adjusted the age of Siunod for Black Spiral Dancer/Unseelie breeding and alliance purposes. Aidan Farwatcher hates this.
  • Added many fomori wyrm worshippers to the Hive of the Unshriven Zealot courts.
  • Vaticinators/Via Deorum Vigilans (Path of the Watchful Gods) now has a Blood Pact tolerance with Unseelie Fae faiths. Hail Olympus!
  • Helios Truth doctrine now has reduced vassal religion discontent rather than legalism parameters to reduce overlap with Oathsworn.
  • Changed the default displayed characters in main menu to some Fae.
  • Fixed some province religions for Fae: particularly Lost Legion, Black Forest, Krkonse, Inanimae and African kith
  • Added Changeling: the Dreaming pre-Shattering canon troll characters: Coruisk, Cullen, Moira the Mountain, Red Rory, Leander, Grayson, Pythos, Ynyra ferch Nissian and Alyss the Norn. Added Wallach from Dark Ages Fae.
  • Added folklore troll character to Black Forest: Haymon the Premonstratensian Giant
  • Added portrait DNA for: Kathrin Hofmystikern
  • Gwydion 'the Grey' now has grey hair and grey eyes, as it is in canon. He wears green and gold colours though--for reasons!
  • Added some ancestors for the Rhinelanders: Rerir, Konr, Rig, Sigi, Heimdallr and Odin.
  • Most Tuatha de Danaan in Arcadia are now tall
  • Danu now looks like a Goddess
  • Heimdallr is now an Albino
  • Tuatha de Danaan dynasty cleaned up into one tree

Interface​

• The Minions tab now displays the caps for Herd members, Ghouls, Dreamers, and bound Wraiths
  • Fera tolerance doctrines can no longer be voted on during the Council of Thorns, which should make certain tooltips less huge
  • Executions that involve devouring a prisoner's mind now show their cooldown in the interaction
  • When an Umbra Explorer reaches a new level in an Umbra realm, the interface message now shows which realm they're stationed in
  • Clarified the tooltip from the Periphery interaction in the Umbra: it gives an inspiration to a random courtier, not the player
  • Clarified the game concepts of Drain the Life and Phobia
  • Dynasty names are no longer displayed in localization, which fixes goofs like "Leopold von Murnau von Murnau"
  • Reformatted the regional intro events so that the text links to the relevant characters
  • Various tweaks to perk descriptions
  • Minor typo fixes
  • Tooltips and encyclopedia information updated for Entrance, Bloodbond and Mesmerize
  • Some interface adjustments to the Golconda interaction "Meditate on Humors"
  • Refactored the Local Umbra button so that it shows up even if another mod overwrites window_county_view.gui

QoL​

• Added an interaction for demanding conversion from all vassals, courtiers, or house members. Right-click yourself to access it
  • Added functionality for running arbitrary code from interface alerts
    • Added an interface alert for Vampires to remind them they can hunt in their capital
    • Added an interface alert for Werewolves to remind them they can train with their pack
    • Added an interface alert when the player can go on an Umbra Expedition
  • Mummies now have some new character interactions for commanding their effigies more easily
  • The following abilities now show an interface message when they're off cooldown: Psi Leech, Spirit Eating, Absorb the Mind, Feed the Caul, Devour Soul
  • The AI will now try to recreate Fae head of faith titles if they were destroyed for some reason
  • Added a decision to get rid of surplus True Faith perk points
  • Added an interaction for Fae to release Dreamers
  • An interface message will popup 6 months before Yorak's Cathedral of Flesh modifier will expire
  • Fixed some province religions for Code of Horus Mummies
  • Some fixes to the Were Lion/Simba Crinos form, with and without mane. Chonky Bastet is now more well defined but still chonky. More work to be done.

Graphics​

• House heads now get a decision that lets them set the colors of all their house members' clothes
  • Most Vampire, Fae and Hunter houses will now wear colors associated with their lore and/or Coat of Arms
  • Updated Canon (not Patron) Bookmark Portraits for new house colors clothing
  • Portrait shader refactor
    • Adjusted the following statue shaders: Gold, Copper, Green Jade, Umbra
    • Added new statue shaders: Silver, Iron, Lead, Mercury, Light, Sand
    • Added a smoke effect to several splats and shapeshift modifiers that would previously be transparent
    • Added subtle flowing animations to Blood and Water forms. The Water form flows faster the more stressed the character is
    • Statue properties can now be toggled and adjusted separately. You can test this in debug mode: event POD_debug.2
  • No more white eyebrows on long dead Vampire Antediluvians and Arcadian Sidhe
  • Anconia's endowment increased
  • Added toothless gums to Sluagh
  • Added unique graphics to the Glamour bar
  • Made the header of the Journey window a bit more fancy
  • Via Archangeli Byzantine Court will now have Christian religious iconography
  • Nightified CFP Norse Royal Court throne room
  • Adjusted some light colors on Byzantine and HRE filler lights
  • Gave Ivory skin to Mnemach
  • Fixed issue with random Red Caps not getting Grey Skin by default.
  • Camilla COA colors changed to black & gold
  • Added Flandre Scarlet's wings as an easter egg: effect add_character_flag = POD_portrait_monster_flandre_wings_flag
  • Added illustrations to bygone and animal men-at-arms

Optimization​

• Reduced size of Royal Court throne room darkened window dds
  • Removed some unnecessary CFP Papal daylight window dds
  • Reduced Court Graphic sizes from 170 MB to 6.15 MB
  • Compressed Unicorn Horn diffiuse and normal dds, reducing size from 24 MB to 696 KB

Bugfixes​

• Resonance now gets automatically initialized when a character shows up in an event, gets imprisoned, or gets selected in the character window
  • Fixed a maintenance event that used to remove duchy buildings too often, which should lead to AI Vampires actually having high-tier Princedoms
  • You can no longer stack ALL the education traits with Reweaving. Sorry
  • Effects that increase the capture chance of prisoners during raids now work properly
  • Hostages can no longer be taken from incompatible splats after wars. No more hunters with vampire garden hermits
  • Disbanding your Coterie now actually works (whoops)
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent you from clicking Journey buttons
  • Fixed the missing eyes of various Crinos forms
  • Camarilla/Sabbat members who enter torpor now properly abandon the positions they held in the sect
  • Converted a bunch of old checks from tiered traits to trait XP
  • The major Fae objectives (Inert Cold Iron, Beyond Reason, Inquisition objectives) now prevent the Shattering, as intended
  • The Imperial Overextension event is now tracked per dynasty, so it doesn't trigger again after every succession
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player from being assigned as an explorer in the Umbra
  • Fixed certain murders circumventing resurrection mechanics
  • Using Dominate to make someone else start a murder scheme now always counts as murder for the purposes of Golconda
  • Using Dominate to make an Inquisitor start a hunt now counts as murder for the purposes of Golconda
  • Fixed the demon auto-thrall mechanic circumventing thrall restrictions and turning Fae into thralls
  • Journeys will no longer send you to sea tiles
  • Fixed some POD travel events triggering on sea tiles
  • Fixed the Mrs. Claus nickname
  • Bezariel realized his dagger is easier to wield if it's removed from its pedestal first
  • The Fae realized that the longbow Eilaf is easier to fire if you take it out of its chest first
  • Fixed a bug that would cause Umbra events from the wrong regions to be triggered
  • Fixed Inquisition faction leaders not spawning with blood resonance
  • When your heir is in the same Coterie as you, you will no longer be asked whether you want to join it upon succession
  • Added a bunch of artifacts templates to can_equip in addition to can_benefit to bypass a vanilla issue
  • Tweaked a vanilla event resulting in cross splats friendships
  • The "Raid for Captives" casus belli now actually gives captives when used by a Road of Metamorphosis ruler
  • Fixed some contracts in events issues
  • Fixed the Skin of Chameleon shapeshift modifier (Visceratika) not getting removed properly
  • Mesmerized characters shouldn't immediately leave your court anymore after recruiting them
  • AI logic for joining a Bloodbond scheme more in line with other agent schemes. Opinion malus is now applied correctly if the scheme fails and has a possiblity of progressing a rivalry
  • Blood Sorcery spell Theft of Vitae will give you blood as intended
  • Re enabled the missing decision to restore the Diet of Olives
  • Masquerade exposure events no longer give multiple options like imprisonment for faiths that don't practice the Masquerade
  • The decision "Horus' Crusade" now only checks for independent Setites (instead of wrongly checking for ALL landed Setites)
  • Wraiths who turn into Kuei-Jin don't look super old anymore
  • Fixed the aptitude checks for the objectives Dazzling Grandeur and Avenge Arikel's Shame
  • Multiple loca tweaks and fixes

Patron build only​

• Added canonical consequences when attempting to turn Fera into Abominations
  • Added trait XP tracks for Wraiths and Spectres
  • Added a dynasty legacy track to Wraiths
  • Consolidated the many Wraith government types
  • Overhauled some Wraith objectives
  • Wraiths can now choose to bind themselves to a necromancer
  • Added 5 Arcanoi perk trees
  • Added 10 Dark Arcanoi perk trees for Spectres. Wraiths can also get them if they reach level 3 in the Labyrinth

Last edited:
  • 4Love
  • 1Like
Reactions: