• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is a guide for Werewolves for a general overview.

Warders of Men's buildings should be the only ones for werewolves to not require low development, meaning they can benefit from them anywhere, plus the usual benefits of development (levies, taxes). But we had conflicting reports that this part might not work well right now, so you might have to wait for an hotfix handling this issue.
In any case, the Warders are in a difficult position at the start, so it's much easier to learn the ropes of werewolves play with their easy starting character, Yuri Tvarivich of the Silver Fangs.
Don't know what you mean by warders of men buildings. As Isabeau I can build all the kinfolk stuff and the werewolf hunting party (which causes negative development growth). The werewolf scouting party, training grounds, keeper and raiding party all require 15 or less development. Also when I look at development it says it's ignored except for supply limit due to litany government. So unless I'm missing something warders of men doesn't appear to be working at all.

"The werewolf scouting party, training grounds, keeper and raiding party all require 15 or less development."

That's the part that isn't working and will be changed. There will be ne dev prerequisites for WoM buildings (like there already isn't for their caerns) in the next update. So they will be the only werewolves capable of building everything everywhere.

Is there any hope of a bookmark closer to the start of the Anarch revolt? Playing from 1230 till I can finally nom to 3rd generation takes quite a while, particularly since at least some of the event paths appear to require specific characters to survive till then.

Is there any specific character or branch of the clan Cappadocian I should try to get to mentor me for harbinger necromancy? My discipline set is missing one last piece.

My personal workaround for when I just want to get to the Anarch Revolt content: Start a game in 1230, then edit the save, and set the date to, say, 1400 or so, then load. This causes a lot of mortals to be suddenly 200 years old, but they die off in the following months. The vampires are unaffected, except that obviously, you miss the Great Persons from the time period you skipped and the political situation is still exactly the same as in 1230.

Whenwolves Hotfix 1.7.2.1
Princes of Darkness, "When Werewolves? Hotfix", Version 1.7.2.1, Change Log, October 10, 2022
  • Werewolves are now possible in custom character decision
  • Fixed duels, high prowess supernaturals with lots of special duel moves will stop losing so often to low prowess mortals without special duel moves
  • Wiki Guide to Werewolves: https://www.princesofdarknessmod.com/wiki/index.php/Elder's_Guide_to_the_Garou
  • Gift training
  • Baptimism of Fire Rite
  • Auspice Renunication Rite
  • Re created Adisa's intro that Sparc removed because he hates her and her bloodline
  • Salubri now value choleric instead of phlegmatic (because valeren)
  • Secure med vanilla decision now bring the new kingdom under the sea of shadows
  • Removed culture_tradition_events.0141 from the mod which made some wonky conversions happen
  • Added support for only_concubines doctrine in vanilla files
  • Rebalanced the new patrons chars, fixed some issues in the file
  • Added the new patrons faiths to the patron faith trigger
  • Random vampires may have certain traits commonly associated with their clan
  • Update to adbuct scheme
  • Changes to Quietus and Mytherceria
  • Fixed faith/has_faith. Added more safeguards to the "childe convert away behavior"
  • Fixing the small likelihood of not having a valid knight to train during Elysium
  • Improved reincarnation
  • Perk commander buff
  • Chakal and Milarepa will now have a negotiated alliance during her intro to avoid cross splats issues
  • Added Anezka
  • Red talons now can't marry as intended (as lupus, they get kids by event)
  • Ecaterina now has her new portrait in the bookmark screen
  • Clarified some prerequisites for the Werewolf neutral dynasty legacy
  • Warden of men now don't need low dev for all their buildings, not just their caerns
  • Integrated the fp2 legacy for our court positions
  • Landed most of the patrons that weren't yet #Some of the requests and the files are difficult to parse though, so let me know if your char has been forgotten
  • Added the Ashirra pillars tolerance to the code of samiel
  • Quotes and history tweaks (Cb Giovanni and Giovanni revised)
  • Increased the chances of the lupus events (both for lupus rulers' pups or just random lupus showing up)
  • Patron updates
  • More decision art
  • More objective event decision art
  • Wilderness throne room from Witchs and Alchemists Modjam mod from ModCon2022 https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2870506215
  • More Garou Gaian faiths now shun ghouls
  • Fixed Virstania's bookmark being broken by the gargoyles change
  • Fix to body shapes and bust sizes for common DNA for canon and patron characters
  • Revised Auspice, Garou and Fomori trait icons
  • W5 Tribe Glyphs
  • Changes POD_education_events.104 (An Education : Faithful Childe) to change the faith of the childe to that of the sire in case they are different since that was the expected outcome of getting this event.
  • Fix for the nomarriage doctrine not working for Werewolves

• 2Like
Reactions:
Got the attached picture while playing around. Just to make sure, I deactivated all other mods, un- and re-subscribed from PoD on Steam and checked file integrity of the game (though the last one might be superfluous as it doesn't appear to happen in the unmodded game).

My personal workaround for when I just want to get to the Anarch Revolt content: Start a game in 1230, then edit the save, and set the date to, say, 1400 or so, then load.
Wouldn't it be slightly easier to use the set_date console command?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    1,6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm really not the portraits guy in the mod but I think there is something happening in the lines of 1/ Helena has a custom portrait, including clothes, assigned by flag. 2/ Clothes in CK3 "shape" the underlying body to make sure they don't clip through and such 3/ Hence, "nude Helena" doesn't really work, because the flag assigning her clothes overrides the instance of "nude reshape the body to its normal form"

After trying around some more, it appears to happen to custom characters too, but not to Aconia Messalin of the Duchy of Ancona, who is naked by default. Men are glitching out in a slightly different way for me, but they still do.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
Got the attached picture while playing around. Just to make sure, I deactivated all other mods, un- and re-subscribed from PoD on Steam and checked file integrity of the game (though the last one might be superfluous as it doesn't appear to happen in the unmodded game).
As you say, you were playing around. Select the "empty" legs from the leg wear menu. What you are seeing there is the effect of limb compression to stop clipping through clothing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
After trying around some more, it appears to happen to custom characters too, but not to Aconia Messalin of the Duchy of Ancona, who is naked by default. Men are glitching out in a slightly different way for me, but they still do.
In this case, its the opposite effect where there is not compression of the limbs/hips... and thus clipping.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The werewolf guide says "A marriage between a Garou and Kinfolk will result in kinfolk that can change into werewolves during puberty". Does th is mean that a marriage between a Garou and a Mortal will result in kinfolk that WON'T change into werewolves during puberty? Did I mess up my heir's children by chasing the congenital trait game and have them marry a "mortal"? Their kid's a robust genius kinfolk but...

The werewolf guide says "A marriage between a Garou and Kinfolk will result in kinfolk that can change into werewolves during puberty". Does th is mean that a marriage between a Garou and a Mortal will result in kinfolk that WON'T change into werewolves during puberty? Did I mess up my heir's children by chasing the congenital trait game and have them marry a "mortal"? Their kid's a robust genius kinfolk but...
no,just chances are lower that it will be non mortal AFAIK

And you wait for the event to pop up, which might take a while. Then you have a challenge to pass. If you win, you get the totem. If you don't, you can try again later.

I've been trying to find anything about the Ishmaelite faith as it seems it doesn't start out in the 1230 start, despite what the wiki says, and I can't find any events that allow you to change to the faith. Also, the sheer price of changing to the faith is...staggering as a mummy nation. Does anyone else know how it can be done? Aside from using the editor.

You are probably playing in the vampire bookmark, where only vampires and vampires adjacent are present.
As the character creator says, Mummies are meant to be played in the Dark Ages : Inquisitor bookmark (or the werewolves ones).
You can't miss the Ishmaelites in the correct bookmark. Neferukhayt is their bookmarked character.

1666542745591.png

Ah, I see, it's only available in the bookmark, not if you click the any Ruler button. Thank you.

Edit: It looks like I'm wrong, I was just on the wrong bookmark, it doesn't work like the vanilla ones.

Last edited:
Hello I live your mod although more than a mod it feels like a whole new game, I would like to know if we can't make Vozhd anymore or schlatza if we aren't tzimisce, I got into visscisitude as a caitif and after mastering it it doesn't let me unlock them as men at arm