• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Camarilla is a construct made by victorious elders for victorious elders. Everything in it (from the veneer of legitimaticy to the scrapes of powers and respect given to the youth) serves the ultimate purpose of keeping them in power, and the neonates in check. Most vampires know this truth.

As you say, the Camarilla is stronger when it keeps a facade of "equality" but it's just a facade anyway. The Prince of London is a serial diablerist, addicted to vampiric blood and routinely kill "useless" neonates to satisfy her hunger. The Prince of Berlin was known to kill on sight any vampire entering in his city and refusing to be blood bond to him. Both of these things are close to common knowledge. And nobody can/will do a thing, because Princes are the ultimate power in the Camarilla, unless they do something so absurd that the Inner Circle must intervene to preserve the whole organization.

Sometimes, it goes to a boiling point. The sheer idiocy and brutality of the Prince of Los Angeles led to the Californian Anarch Revolt. But 99% of the time? Princes get away with it, because they have the personal and structural power to do so.

So, basically, rules are for the lower people, not for the Princes. Unless they are weak Princes, or engage in something so heinous/dangerous that even the very very lenient Inner Circle must intervene. As such, the example of a rulebreaking Prince in Sins of the Sires is a very common one, and his "crime" is almost laughable compared to some examples (like the ones given above).

• 1Like
Reactions:
i have a weird Learn on the Job perk behavior. it gives me all the stats as it should but not stewardship for some reason. my steward is 26 and give me 1 ? my marshal is 20 and give me 2. what gives ?

also,why there so many generic houses with 2 members and with 1-3K gold ? invite them,kill them,land one of them,get rich,repeat. infinity money. could toned down to 100-400 gold,so it wouldnt be a nobreain meta

No idea what you are talking about really. As before, you are the only one to have reported such a thing (and we have min maxers in our discord that love to discover this sort of exploit). Perhaps you have another mod active conflicting.

no,not really. i have more building slots,barbershop,fair ladies,knight manager and advance search(ws id 2346680183 ) and self-made compatibility patch for UI none of them change characters or anything. advance search what i use to find them,vanilla search doesnt work for that.

vARuVT1.jpg

Last edited:
Fair ladies breaks stuff in the mod's portraits. But not characters indeed.

But you said it yourself, you are using a mod to find the perfect characters to grab and steal money from. So that exploit isn't doable in PoD only.

My guess would be that those might be leftover barons from conquest elsewhere on the map.
If their particular personality traits and/or simplified AI for barons make them not spend their gold they can build up a significant amount over time. Then when their liege loses to the land to someone different enough they get replaced and become wanderers.

In vanilla they'd eventually die without an heir (the heir would die too) and the gold disappear if they hadn't gotten picked up for marriage or a mercenary band or something. They might also get selected for "new random baron of x culture/religion" in vanilla but I think PoD has a script for generating those as needed to ensure they are of the right supernatural splat for their liege so that doesn't happen as much.

But in Princes of Darkness they are probably immortal and the game (wisely) doesn't use too many ressources on murdering random wanderers so they'll mostly just hang around until the end of the game.

I don't think AI baron build logic is something that can be moded and without that there isn't anything that can be done about it without some sort of high effort hacky workaround and that seems excessive to me since it isn't even something that could be exploited without another mod to find them

Sometimes I have weird localisation and it's to do with the game having paradox mod part and steam mod part out of sync?

restarting usually fixes it or else delete one park and redownload

Is there some way to listen to the music outside of the game itself? Only two of the three song links in the threadmark introducing the music still work; Kingdom of Darkness' link has expired apparently, and so far I'm not finding any of the songs anywhere else.

Is there any way to force switch my house head? My house head is my unlanded sire who was in torpor. I've since waken him up, and employed him. I would REALLY want to avoid imprisoning and killing him or diablerizing him, not least of which being the kinslayer secret or trait. His prowess is also pretty high so an unfortunate military accident is very unlikely.

Is there any way? Maybe landing him and then revoking? Does anyone have a sure-fire way to switch House head (NOT dynasty head).

Is there any way to force switch my house head? My house head is my unlanded sire who was in torpor. I've since waken him up, and employed him. I would REALLY want to avoid imprisoning and killing him or diablerizing him, not least of which being the kinslayer secret or trait. His prowess is also pretty high so an unfortunate military accident is very unlikely.

Is there any way? Maybe landing him and then revoking? Does anyone have a sure-fire way to switch House head (NOT dynasty head).
The path of least resistance is probably to just do a quick save edit