• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Princes of Darkness, "Lore of the Clans" update, Version 1.4.4.1,

BrujahSubBookmark.png

Change Log:

Happy #Vamptober!

- Sub-Bookmarks. - Karde and Wata
- Lore button. Wata
- Lore and Custom Content for Sub-Bookmark Charactgers. - Karde

Veronique-lore.png

- Survey Capital. - Karde
- Expanded Introduction Events. - Karde
- Improved Game Concepts. - Karde
- Disciplne Duel Moves. - Wata
- Web of Knives assassinations. - Thaumaturge
- Serptentis Discipline. - Wata
- Daimonion Discipline. - Thaumaturge
- Fortitude Discipline improvements. - Thaumaturge
- Kuei-Jin improvements. - Chilemiao
- CFP-EPE compatability submod patch. - Sparc
- New portraits for characters. - Wata, Hastur, Kukul
- Various Coats of Arm and faith icons. - Sparc & Hastur
- Patron Content. - Sparc
- Moved the AI maintenance for heal and hunger from 5 to 3 years so that the AI should feed and heal more often. - Karde
- Added 72 characters. - Karde
- Maniacs don't require a specific predator type to spawn without saying you anymore. - Karde
- More aggressive stress relief event for the AI vampires. - Karde
- Fixed find lair not working and high conviction xp rewards. - Karde
- Disabled the Azure wrathful special "duel criminals" interaction since everyone is a criminal in the mod really. - Karde
- It's now harder to capture high intrigue or prowess captives after a successful siege. - Karde
- Shadow twin is harder to pull off, it's also less all around good. - Karde

Veronique-custom.png

- Possession by wraiths is harder to pull off. - Karde
- The AI is less blinding and castration happy on prisoners. - Karde
- Vicissitude's shaping gives less prowess. - Karde
- Fixed Shaagra's investigation being linked to Urdo. - Karde
- Disabled shapeshift interaction for the AI, it causes too many graphical and gameplay issues right now. - Karde
- Another safeguard against vampires becoming thin. - Karde
- Disabled the vanilla decision for gaining and losing weight for vampires (which do nothing). - Karde
- Commented out the house tooltips that don't work right now. - Karde
- Tweaked some specific spawned vanilla characters stats. - Karde
- The court chaplain position isn't auto filled by a randomly generated character at start anymore. - Karde
- A brute force attempt to make the AI prioritizes building Princedom over everything else (which seems to work). - Karde
- You should be able to fill up the court chaplain position at will now. - Karde
- Added 14 new wonders. - Karde
- Some changes to holy sites to account for the new wonders. - Karde
- Added a heal part to the AI stress maintenance so that unlanded vampires (who don't have access to char interaction) can heal themselves
- You will be less often notified about the fervor or scandalous religious behavior of your family members (vanilla was informing you of such for all your family and families in PoD are huge, hence the spam of this event). - Karde
- Various tweaks to health events (more safeguards against sick vampires, easier recovery from wounds for AI vamps). - Karde
- Tentative fix to a potential block to vassal contracts, thanks to Mjobif for the thorough testing. - Karde
- Various improvement to the diablerie scheme :
- The AI has now more options to choose from to stop you initially. - Karde
- The diablerie scheme will always ends up in a full fledged duel now. - Karde
- The AI will use its blood surge more wisely to give it an edge during the scheme. - Karde
- The AI will now hate your guts if the diablerie ends up with neither of you dead. - Karde
- You can now see which option the AI chooses and the probabilities of the relevant duel. - Karde
- Duels numbers have been reworked to avoid overflow edge cases. - Karde
- More toasts to inform you of what is happening during the scheme. - Karde
- Tentative fix to the "Diablerie scheme gets stuck" issue. - Karde
- Durga Syn can now recover her lost youth. - Karde
- Malady's curse now applies a stronger modifier but no actual maladies, as it screwed with a lot of diseases related stuff for vampires. - Karde
- Nerfed ghoul/revenant buildings as a stopgap. - Karde
- If a character refuses a demand for conversion, they are now less likely to try to bargain for it, of if they do, they will ask for much more. - Karde
- Fixed Liliana's name. - Karde
- Started grinding through the error log. Added a new "error suppression" file to get rid of some false positives in it (which is, funnily, also something used by PDX). - Karde
- Vampires can't die from heart attacks during a literalist debate anymore (you are welcome, Tremere). - Karde
- Removed the Sabbat founder different religion malus, since there is now different Sabbat faiths. - Karde
- Fixed Typhonic beasts being recrutable by everyone. - Karde
- Fixed Inquisitors complaining about clan alliances. - Karde
- If you had the pseudo third modifier per the Giovanni objective before successfully hunting an Ante to become a true third, you will now lose it. - Karde
- Created court physicians will now spawn with the mortal trait, to make them suitable for both Vampires and Inquisitors. - Karde
- If you complete the Giovanni objective post successful Ante Hunt, you won't have both pseudo and young third modifiers anymore. - Karde
- Lucita's starting modifier is less punishing. - Karde
- Worked around the weirdest loca issue ever. - Karde
- Commented out the join ghoulbros decision that was available to any revenant and ghoul character. - Karde
- Tried a fix to avoid characters like Etrius having a crown with the NL DLC. Since I don't have it myself, I can't really be sure of the success of the fix though. - Karde
- Qarakh has his beard again. This deserved a changelog spot. - Karde

daimoinon-sense-the-sin-event-success.png

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Turning into a snake gives intrigue? I guess you can hide in the grass easier and overhear what people are saying. That doesn't work so well anymore for them in the modern age.
If someone turns into a giant snake, I tell them my secrets. Is just how it is.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Damn it! You guys have removed my primary tool for survival in early game as Tremere! I can't use prison of water on the enemy leader! Well done!

I probably doesn't say it enough but I really enjoy your mod. It only gets better and better it seems! Thank you VERY much!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Known issue: We are aware of an issue with Linux systems and the events/single_combat_events.txt file that will potentially cause the mod to get stuck loading or crash to desktop because of on out of memory error. We are working on plugging the memory leak now. When solved, it will be a hotfix. Fixing it may also improve windows performance. When we add this fix (once found), it will most likely NOT break saved games.

Reactions:
Known issue: We are aware of an issue with Linux systems and the events/single_combat_events.txt file that will potentially cause the mod to get stuck loading or crash to desktop because of on out of memory error. We are working on plugging the memory leak now. When solved, it will be a hotfix. Fixing it may also improve windows performance. When we add this fix (once found), it will most likely NOT break saved games.
Memory leaked plugged. If you were experiencing a CTD or long loading time, please try again with this update as of Oct 5 @ 10:24am

Memory leaked plugged. If you were experiencing a CTD or long loading time, please try again with this update as of Oct 5 @ 10:24am
Additional hotfix for Kuei-Jin decrease chi effect. This should get memory consumption for CK3 down to 5G or so. 7G if you are running POD+CFP+EPE.

Last edited:
I think this bug may have also been in the previous version, but you droped the new version just as I noticed it.

When you are an inquisitor and imprison vampires within your realm, this shouldn't cause tyranny because vampire is criminal. However when you have the imprisonment "duel" event to actually imprison a vampire, it does cause tyranny.

I think this bug may have also been in the previous version, but you droped the new version just as I noticed it.
Yes. I think we squashed it now. I'm at year 1332 (from a 1230 start) running fully loaded with POD+CFP+EPE, and cruising at 2.6GB memory usage. So I think we solved this. The fix is already on both Steam Workshop and Paradox Plaza.

When you are an inquisitor and imprison vampires within your realm, this shouldn't cause tyranny because vampire is criminal. However when you have the imprisonment "duel" event to actually imprison a vampire, it does cause tyranny.
O.K. We will take a look at that. Seems like that imprison effect slipped through the tyranny check.

Its loading speed. The leaking effect, while pretty bad, was called in only specific instances and never by the AI. So it could result in some lag spikes in gameplay when called and a long loading time, but not actual decrease of playing speed most of the time.

Something odd is going on in the duchy of Nubatia. The prince of a city building is not placed in the duchy capital.
20211010111402_1.jpg

Thanks, I will fix that
BTW when you as Hardestadt tighten the reins and tell your childe they are a failure they will rival Maatkare for some reason.

What is the secret that Al-Ashrad supposedly know about the Banu Haqim? I've played him for 100 years now and there is no further mention of it.

It refers to the Web of Knives and Ur-Shulgi. In 1230, Al Ashrad might be the only one aware of the very real threat posed by the WoK and his (torpid) sire, since Ur Shulgi has a very distorted/apocalyptic vision of what should be clan Assamite. So he is preparing for his inevitable return.

In the lore, this culminates in the final nights. Ur Shulgi returns and transforms clan Assamite into a bunch of crazy diablerists hell bent on destroying all other Cainites. Al Ashrad launches his schism and, with a third of the clan, joins the Camarilla for protection against Ur Shulgi.

In the mod, that's too far in the future to really matter, beyond Al Ashrad having no possibilites to join the WoK mechanic in game, and being rival with Thetmes.

Reactions: