• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, I just revisited my revenant-turned-bloodgorged game and I found myself wondering what your vision for the objective was beyond something for revenants to work towards? I mean, bloodgorged don't have access to some powers such as summon through the presence discipline nor do the children have any disciplines. Are they meant to play as immortal humans?

There is no big overarching design vision for bloodgorged. Revenants are a niche potential playthrough with a (hard to achieve) niche objective. They never were meant to have an objective or be really advertised as playable really, but one new dev tried his hand on learning new modding techniques with them and proposed this objective. It's an interesting one (both mechanic and flavor wise) and give something for the revenants to do but really, there is no ambition beyond that.

Reactions:
First I want to say, this mod is absolutely fantastic and I'm looking forward to more of it!

I started a game of Inquisitor and I completed the 5 objectives and was wondering if there was more to be completed? Is there a decision past that point? Thanks!

First I want to say, this mod is absolutely fantastic and I'm looking forward to more of it!

I started a game of Inquisitor and I completed the 5 objectives and was wondering if there was more to be completed? Is there a decision past that point? Thanks!
Not really. The big inquisition comes, and you can vassalize them; which should help for painting the map and removing the vampires from at least Europe.

Our big narrative events end in the early 1500s, but great persons continue to pop up for awhile and the some objective decisions can still be completed.

But if you have completed all the Shadow Inquisition, you have pretty much "won".

(OR SO YOU THINK UNTIL WE RELEASE OUR GEHENNA EXPANSION!)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Have you made any plans for this expansion? Such as making the antediluvians reappear Week of Nightmares style?

Sparc is a Malkavian that preach Gehenna everywhere he goes, don't mind him. ^^

Milkin : The startup Inquisition decisions unlock the final one, to unify the Shadow Inquisition once and for all. It's the endgame for them. Obviously you can play after achieving it though.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not really. The big inquisition comes, and you can vassalize them; which should help for painting the map and removing the vampires from at least Europe.

Our big narrative events end in the early 1500s, but great persons continue to pop up for awhile and the some objective decisions can still be completed.

But if you have completed all the Shadow Inquisition, you have pretty much "won".

So there's no further expansion planned to the Sabbat/Camarilla war later on? Maybe with its own book mark? Would be cool to have the hierarchy and special ranks and stuff like the Black Hand and the like.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A Sabbat/Camarilla bookmark/mechanic expansion is still in the "would be interesting" category and is proposed to our patrons as part of what we should do next. It's close to adding werewolves and mages in popularity.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sparc is a Malkavian that preach Gehenna everywhere he goes, don't mind him. ^^
A madman with vision! Like the Oracles of Malkav of old, I can see the future! And in the future is the end of the world!

Also, I jus started a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section for the wiki. Take a look and remind me what questions come up all the time that need answering.

I've just discovered this jewel of a mod and it's really awesome. Kudos to the devs for their efforts and dedication. I played a bit with the PnP WoD many years ago and you really managed to get the flavor and the feel of the PnP into your mod.
I've started both a Vampire (Helena) and Inquisitor (Red Order) game and I'm starting to get a grip on the different mechanics. But, call me dumb, after reading all pages in this thread or the wiki I'm still at a loss for one basic and fundamental aspect of the mod: how to get your knights' prowess up. I understand that they can be tutored/trained but I've been looking through menus and interactions to no avail.
So please bear with this neonate o_O
And thanks again for your work !

Thanks for the kind words.

Your marshal can train your knights up to 30 prowess with his dedicated task. It's obviously quicker if he is good at his job.

Beyond that, the short answer is : you can't. No amount of training will make you as powerful as Jamal or Menele. So the real answer to "how to improve my knights?" is to acquire more powerful characters for your court. There are multiples way of doing that but one popular one (especially for Helena) is to filter the character finder for unlanded people and sort them by prowess then summon and/or seduce them to come to your court. You can also fabricate hooks on them, start a revenant breeding program (especially if you are Tzimisce)....

For Inquisitors, it's mainly about buildings, but Inquisitors will always be less powerful prowess wise than vampires, it's by design (and lore). They have other advantages though.

Thanks for the kind words.

Your marshal can train your knights up to 30 prowess with his dedicated task. It's obviously quicker if he is good at his job.

Beyond that, the short answer is : you can't. No amount of training will make you as powerful as Jamal or Menele. So the real answer to "how to improve my knights?" is to acquire more powerful characters for your court. There are multiples way of doing that but one popular one (especially for Helena) is to filter the character finder for unlanded people and sort them by prowess then summon and/or seduce them to come to your court. You can also fabricate hooks on them, start a revenant breeding program (especially if you are Tzimisce)....

For Inquisitors, it's mainly about buildings, but Inquisitors will always be less powerful prowess wise than vampires, it's by design (and lore). They have other advantages though.
Wow. Thanks for the quick reply ! it was the info I needed. You're quite kind and helpful. This mod has almost limitless potential.
Back to the Shadow World now !

A madman with vision! Like the Oracles of Malkav of old, I can see the future! And in the future is the end of the world!

Also, I jus started a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section for the wiki. Take a look and remind me what questions come up all the time that need answering.

Perhaps a question/answer about the existence of the public release version and the developer build and in a very broad sense the difference between the two and that this might be a cause for any differences between the wiki/FAQ and people's experiences in-game (in addition to the bog standard wiki thing of stuff not being updated from older versions because it's a wiki not a paid encyclopedia or something).
Could also be appropiate to have some quick advertising for your patreon as part of that since that's how access is gained.

I have some questions regarding the rework of the obtenebration discipline. First off, there seem to be two versions of the tenebrous avatar power with the one from oblivion being inferior so I wonder if this is working as intended? You can no longer ask a Lasombra to mentor you in obtenebration but can still obtain it through diablerie. Intended?

Speaking of, I also seem to recall that, when starting as a Lasombra via the character creator decision, I got Oblivion instead of Obtenebration. I just used a console command to correct it, but it might be worth noting.