• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since Kuei-Jin are being worked on, maybe this is a good time to ask about the location and composition of the Celestial Tribe. Namely, why they're in Tibet and made up of Tibetans despite being distinctly Indian and basing their claims to godhood on Hinduism. I get that there's only so much space and a lot of factions to fill it with, but even if they're staying in Tibet I'd suggest they at least be made largely Indian. Face of the Gods could also possibly be more widespread in general. Heresies of the Way describes it as the largest Dharma in India by modern nights, and having been waxing in numbers since Indian Buddhism began to decline.

Nakro : Perhaps are you using other mods? PoD is a complete overhaul, meaning it's not really very compatible with others. We had no reports of such an issue, so that would be my guess.

Drmonkey : You are right about your observations. The position of the Celestial Tribe is mainly due to the (utter) scarcity of WoD sources about Tibet, meaning I had to change some things around to have some interesting factions there. I should probably change their ethnicity at least indeed.

Szlachta men-at-arms are weaker than Huscarls from the vanilla game but Szlachta have like 10x the maintenance cost. Honestly, the maintenance is so high on both of these special Tzimisce MAAs that I don't see how you could ever afford to use even one regiment unless you're heading a super large and rich empire

The Azure patch took us a little with our pants down. We were supposed to have both the new dynasty legacies and the MaA balance pass for our next update. Since we updated for Azure with only the dynasty legacies done, the MaA are indeed all over the place right now.

Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Sorry if it seems like I am complaining. There's just some strange stuff going on that you guys might not be aware of.

Tzimisce bone armor gives 5 prowess, a big bonus to murder scheme resistance, and a penalty to friendly schemes.
Zulo form, which is a higher power, gives 4 prowess, -10 diplomacy, and -50 attraction.

Using Zulo gives you less prowess than bone armor but also destroys your relations with every vassal who has an attraction modifier on your character. Cast Zulo form and your reward is factions.

I've also noticed that AI Tzimisce who use Dracul form seem to stay in Dracul form for the entire game. This definitely wasn't the case in older versions of the mod.

There's so much plot resistance in the majority of discipline trees that everyone is pretty much untouchable. You already get a fat bonus to resistance because of title rank. 30% protection from being an emperor and then 15% for every perk you pick up from a discipline tree and those perks are littered everywhere.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Bloodgorged babies still got no discipline on birth. I think this might be the oddest sentence I've ever written.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
There's so much plot resistance in the majority of discipline trees that everyone is pretty much untouchable. You already get a fat bonus to resistance because of title rank. 30% protection from being an emperor and then 15% for every perk you pick up from a discipline tree and those perks are littered everywhere.
At least we can get resistance to delay schemes. There are buildings that can be built in every holding to give scheme success chance that essentially scales with domain limit but scholar religion aside nothing to counter that. Hostile scheme success chance reductions from disciplines are not abundant enough to counter that. Getting 95% success against characters even without agents is trivial.

I can do it anyway, the AI seems unlikely to play well enough.

I have suggestions from a combination of playing the mod while watching kindred: the embraced.

1. Give a mortal/ghoul to a vassal/childe vampire for them to turn (Especially would be good for those historical event mortals.)
2. disallow/allow a childe permission to embrace (maybe using the permission to marry switch? disallow the event if ticked? id that works.)
3. Sending notification event to liege's when a landed mortal becomes a hunter? It's a bit of a surprise when you go to check your ghoul subjects are marrying correctly and see they're all hunters.
4. Can AI ghouls/revs be banned for marrying vamps? as they really like to and then, cant have kids.
5. Primogens? extra court positions or even a tab with a slot for each clan and only members of that clan can fill? Idk how or what thatd do but you know, Primogens. maybe just a vanity title?

any of these sound good?

• 1Like
Reactions:
1. Often requested, not worked on right now but will probably happen at some point.

2. A contract is already supposed to do that, it's not yet functional though.

3. It shouldn't really happen, unless the mortals you are landing are related to the von Murnau or you are playing the Inquisitor bookmark as a vampire (which isn't really intended).

4. Marriage is a contentious subject between me and Sparc. The current situation is a compromise between our stances and unlikely to change, except small tweaks.

5. Royal Court seems perfect for that. So we will wait for this DLC for primogens.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
4. Marriage is a contentious subject between me and Sparc. The current situation is a compromise between our stances and unlikely to change, except small tweaks.

Ah, that's a big matter of debate? My impression was always that the only married vampires are those who were already married as mortals. Vampires can certainly have lovers, but since they are damned by God, they're not usually interested in His blessing. And of course, any openly-known ties you have have among the kindred can be a weakness.

1. Often requested, not worked on right now but will probably happen at some point.

2. A contract is already supposed to do that, it's not yet functional though.

3. It shouldn't really happen, unless the mortals you are landing are related to the von Murnau or you are playing the Inquisitor bookmark as a vampire (which isn't really intended).

5. Royal Court seems perfect for that. So we will wait for this DLC for primogens.

Thanks, rev families seem to be producing alot of hunters, on the vampire start date where con Murnau's dont exist. At a guess, their mortal relatives become hunters and pass it on as it seems to come in clumps of close relatives? But I've never seen it happening, just seen the results afterwards.
And hey yeah, I'd forgotten the DLC was coming.

Also just had the founding of the Sabbat, it worked brilliantly and I got to eat Set on the way, took alot of saving and reloading but hey, it's really fun event chain!

The revenants producing hunters should be investigated, sounds weird. Glad you liked the endgame narrative events.

For the marriage thing...

- Sparc thinks that love (and even marriage) is a staple of vampire medias, where they often are depicted as sensual creatures and that kind of thing. As such, he would prefer unrestricted marriages for all vampires in the mod (which isn't the case right now, some faiths are forbidding it).

- I am more of a purist and in the WoD, vampire marriage isn't a thing (barring some very rare exceptions) so I would prefer no marriage at all (except very specific exceptions) and replacing them with a free alliance slot for all vampires.

So the current statut quo is a compromise between these two stances.

Reactions:
The revenants producing hunters should be investigated, sounds weird. Glad you liked the endgame narrative events.

For the marriage thing...

- Sparc thinks that love (and even marriage) is a staple of vampire medias, where they often are depicted as sensual creatures and that kind of thing. As such, he would prefer unrestricted marriages for all vampires in the mod (which isn't the case right now, some faiths are forbidding it).

- I am more of a purist and in the WoD, vampire marriage isn't a thing (barring some very rare exceptions) so I would prefer no marriage at all (except very specific exceptions) and replacing them with a free alliance slot for all vampires.

So the current statut quo is a compromise between these two stances.
The medieval practice of "Blood Marriage" as typified by the modern "Vermillon Wedding" by Victoria Ash of Clan Toreador with Tegyrius of the Banu Haqim, allowed the Preservationists of the Banu Haqim to enter into the Camarilla en masse. That it is a "medieval practice" was retconned into the canon by V5. But events like Alexander of Paris with Lorraine (childe of Salianna) can be interpreted as a similar sort of blood marriage.

There is also issues when we fight against a core mechanic of CK3. Sometimes we get away with it, sometimes the engine and countless events rebel against us, such as our ongoing jyhad against Vampire babies.

We should put the question to the current WOD team how common is blood marriage supposed to be in the the 1200-1500s.

The medieval practice of "Blood Marriage" as typified by the modern "Vermillon Wedding" by Victoria Ash of Clan Toreador with Tegyrius of the Banu Haqim, allowed the Preservationists of the Banu Haqim to enter into the Camarilla en masse. That it is a "medieval practice" was retconned into the canon by V5. But events like Alexander of Paris with Lorraine (childe of Salianna) can be interpreted as a similar sort of blood marriage.

There is also issues when we fight against a core mechanic of CK3. Sometimes we get away with it, sometimes the engine and countless events rebel against us, such as our ongoing jyhad against Vampire babies.

We should put the question to the current WOD team how common is blood marriage supposed to be in the the 1200-1500s.
What about giving all vampires a huge marriage malus sort of like how some religions get the "your concubines are sacrilegious" modifier and then rename the elope scheme to blood marriage or something?

Reactions:
We asked the WOD team:

1623936525973.png

So it has been written, so it shall be.

1623937698732.png

Long live the Jyhad against Vampire Babies!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I have suggestions from a combination of playing the mod while watching kindred: the embraced.

1. Give a mortal/ghoul to a vassal/childe vampire for them to turn (Especially would be good for those historical event mortals.)
2. disallow/allow a childe permission to embrace (maybe using the permission to marry switch? disallow the event if ticked? id that works.)
3. Sending notification event to liege's when a landed mortal becomes a hunter? It's a bit of a surprise when you go to check your ghoul subjects are marrying correctly and see they're all hunters.
4. Can AI ghouls/revs be banned for marrying vamps? as they really like to and then, cant have kids.
5. Primogens? extra court positions or even a tab with a slot for each clan and only members of that clan can fill? Idk how or what thatd do but you know, Primogens. maybe just a vanity title?

any of these sound good?
1. Could be interesting but not necessary.
2. You can already change their vassal contract to allow or disallow offspring and what kind, defaults to kindred allowed. Vampire rulers are so good at making more that trying for inheritance to default to liege is practically impossible through anything but dynasty extincting mass execution.
3. I tend to not land my ghouls (as I only ghoul my future childes) but I can see how it could become a problem. Though vampire arrogance making them dismiss the threat makes some sense too.
4. I wish, then I might land some and breed revenant servant dynasties. Well, I might not exactly outright ban but instead make vampires dismiss the partner's age and fertility considerations, but apparently Paradox considers this has to be hard coded. Starting revenants do not appear to be in positions of offering viable strategic alliances. On the other hand, if some revenant ruler manages to gain sufficient power to meddle in the affairs of their betters, an alliance might make sense.

I was wondering if instead of giving advanced traits in the future (Like with the revenant objective), it wouldn't make more sense to give the base trait and then a sizable chunk of lifestyle experience. You could avoid situations like the one I am in right now where I have to level up the tree to get the goodies even though I got the advanced trait.
The Bloodgorged appear to be unable to use the summon power from presence.

Last edited: