• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, I recently got a friend and VTM veteran into playing the mod. He noticed that sometimes, hooks related to feeding behaviors seem to be strong hooks, which may be a tad too powerful for something that relatively harmless (his example is the consensualist predator type), and that it's odd for vampires to still talk about consuming mortal food and drink during feast events.
The hook type or whether you can blackmail (or be blackmailed) depends on your faith's masquerade doctrine. If it is strict, asking mortals for permission is a strong hook worthy crime. You certainly would not want your liege to know, unless you are too powerful to oppose.

Strong hooks via secrets and blackmail are a mere convenience anyway. Bloodbind all your vassals you cannot find an excuse against.

31 reasons why the Road of Blood is superior:
20210105141106_1.jpg

and why it is best to just surrender when Banu Haqim wants your land:
20210105141319_1.jpg

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Hi, first of all, great mod, I'm in love with the lore and the character design, I do only have a question about religion and culture, having a culture gives you a unique building or is it only the religion? also, do you have a list of all buildings given by the religion?

It's only religion. The building list is on the wiki.

The AI has worked out its drunkeness problem in the dev build. Expect to see less alcool loving vampires in the next update.

Lol, when I see vampires reference the alcoholic or reveler traits, I just assume they're actually talking about blood and using flowery metaphors.

Last edited:
Lol, when I see vampires reference the alcoholic or reveler traits, I just assume they're actually talking about blood and using flowery metaphors.
For Drunkyard, (and Hashishiyah though that's a lot rarer) I always assumed that they liked to drink the blood of mortals under the influence of those things, since in the tabletop game Vampires can get drunk/high when they do that.
I also read Karde's post as giving fewer alcoholic vampires, not zero alcoholic vampires (which is really just a result of how vampires are immortal and thus inevitably ends up going to far more feasts than a human in base-game CK3 would each of which has a chance of triggering an event that can make them a drunkyard. Since drunkyard doesn't go away it's inevitable really that all vampire rulers will get it in time)

Indeed, it's not a crucial problem (easily RPable as, as you said, the vampire favoring some kind of specific human for their intoxicated blood). But the fact that all vampires were getting it was annoying, hence we will introduce a maintenance event that will clean up some (but not all) of the AI for their worst traits like this one.

Thank you for this awesome mod. I have a couple of questions if you dont mind:

1- Is it normal that i get 0 levies from all my vassals, even when they have 100 opinion and i have absolute crown authority? And there is no option in the feudal contract to change this, only to change the taxes. If it is intended, what is the point in conquering more counties?
2- There is a bug when feeding on herd or hunting: I get the same amount of lifestyle exp no matter how much i drink. So if i drink a little i get for example 100 exp, and if i drain the victim dry i get the same 100 points. It should be more exp when you drink more, i guess? Otherwise why would you ever drink more?
3- When i drink from the herd i get a different amount and different kind of lifestyle exp every time. One day maybe i get 500 exp choleric, a couple months later i get 25 exp sanguine from the same human. Is this intended or a bug? Also i get the same amount if i drink only a little or if i drink a lot and kill the victim.
4- In my castles, cities and temples i can only build "vampire related" buildings, but not the normal "vanila" buildings. Is this intended or a bug?

Thank you very much, and sorry about so many questions, i am new to the mod, but i am enjoining it a lot :)

1/ It is intended. The "feudal contract" of vampires is very loose, and levies are only in the mod to help the AI understands warfare (with a strength ratio) but knights are the real masters of the battlefields. And they are also why you should expand (higher titles get more knights than vanilla, and with a better pool as you have more vassals).

2/ and 3/ are known issues fixed in the next patch.

4/ Vanilla buildings are disabled in the mod. Vampires don't build things, they try to influence mortal society (with various degrees of implication and success) to gain from it. They are akin to a night Mafia in a sense.

In the Steam build, torpor is mainly a placeholder thing for characters that weren't active in 1230 (but were already born). They will only wake up if they somehow become landed. And nobody else will fall into torpor during the game.

Torpor has been fully reworked for the next patch, and will be a much more engaging mechanic, with a scheme to locate torpored elders, the possibility to willingly go into torpor and such things.

1/ It is intended. The "feudal contract" of vampires is very loose, and levies are only in the mod to help the AI understands warfare (with a strength ratio) but knights are the real masters of the battlefields. And they are also why you should expand (higher titles get more knights than vanilla, and with a better pool as you have more vassals).

2/ and 3/ are known issues fixed in the next patch.

4/ Vanilla buildings are disabled in the mod. Vampires don't build things, they try to influence mortal society (with various degrees of implication and success) to gain from it. They are akin to a night Mafia in a sense.

Thank you!

A couple more questions if you dont mind:

1- What are the "szlachta"? There is a power in "vicisitude" that gives bonuses to "szlachta", but i cannot find where i could build/recruit those. Is it a men at arms regiment? Is it limited to certain clans or faiths only?
2- How does "the blood tithe" work? In the vassal contract there is an option to change it, forcing the vassal to give you blood, but i do not see any interactions to ask for it. Is it implemented and i am missing something, or is it still not in the game?
3- The same about "the fifth tradition: The destruction" allowing the liege to call a "blood hunt" in the vassals territory. I do not see any interaction or decision to do this, maybe it is not implemented?
4- There is no "long reign" bonuses to opinion. I guess it is for game balance (since rulers are usually immortal)?
5- There is no special casus belly available at certain levels of fame, such as conquer a kingdom, or conquer a duchy, like in vanilla. Is this intentional or maybe a bug?
6- Some special buildings give bonuses to spearmen regiments. Is it really worth building those?

Thank you very much, this mod is awesome, i hope you keep updating and expanding it :)

1. They are Tzimisce modified ghouls for warfare (monstruous beasts). They can be spawned as Men at Arms with a character interaction.

2 and 3. It's not yet implemented.

4. You guessed correctly.

5. Fame is way easier to come by in the mod (you might have seen some clans, like the Ventrue and Gangrel, starting with high level of renown). In order to get the player to play to 1500 (our endgame), the progression is slower than vanilla in most things (lifestyles, these kind of CBs etc).

6. As a one off? Not really. But you can combine several of those with some house modifiers and have some quite impressive Men at Arms. They shine mostly during the endgame, where your knights can be overwhelmed by the sheer number of Inquisition troops without some support.

When you mass create ghouls/vampires etc for armies
is there a chance of spawning characters? sometimes the dudes survive and accidental childes and ghouls would be a problem/story beat

• 1Like
Reactions: