• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
had this problem too. couldn't pick any talents from the animal tree. did I miss a button? first timer to this mod.
Ah yes, looks like I was mistaken in part. You need either the base trait, from vampire strain/clan presumably, or the advanced many old vampires start with, though the tooltip only mentions base trait and complains about it missing even with the advanced trait. If you can get sufficient resonance experience from nomming others, you can still unlock the perks with the advanced trait. Though you cannot choose a resonance focus as in screenshots or previous versions (removed feature?). You would have to diablerize vampires to gain access to new resonance trees like animal though.

EDIT: totally get it now. I see that the way I thought it worked would be pretty OP now that I've got a new character going. thanks for the help everyone

Last edited:
i guess I just don't know what the base discipline trait is or how to get it. Do I have to do a quest or something in order to spend perk points? theres nothing in any of my event tabs or decisions that would indicate to me why these perk points are greyed out when I have a point to spend. Seems like a bug.

heres a screenshot
Having the Animalism Trait or the Advanced Animalism trait should let you buy perks in the Animalism tree. Having Protean or Advanced Protean should let you pick perks in the Protean Tree. As you are a Nosferatu, you should start with Animalism (or if you are an elder in canon, have Advanced Animalism).

Earlier I suggested a feature
Some characters have traits or advanced disciplines that usually are given at the end of lifestyle branch. I think it would be more consistent if such characters already had the whole branch learned and were restricted from learning other lifestyle perks, while younger vampires could learn new perks freely.
Actually, I have implemented it (in the attached files). It makes the whole branch learned if a character has an associated trait or advanced discipline. Feel free to use it as you see fit.

Attachments

• auto_perks.rar
    3,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Fybb : Thanks for your work! We will look at it, it can certainly be very useful.

Anon : Splat wise, the next one planned is Inquisitor. Then, werewolves or mages depending on our patreons choice.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey guys! Great mod!

One thing I'm struggling with a bit is the learning focuses -- with both the vanilla trees + the vampire ones, it gets a bit confusing. So, I thought I would ask if there are any plans to overhaul the vanilla trees.

Reactions:
Overhauling? Not really, vanilla lifestyles are important to the gameplay (they are the trigger for the majority of CK3's events) and work well enough for most creatures of the WoD. We will certainly tweak them a little (like the Gallant tree, arguably overpowered for vampires right now).

Overhauling? Not really, vanilla lifestyles are important to the gameplay (they are the trigger for the majority of CK3's events) and work well enough for most creatures of the WoD. We will certainly tweak them a little (like the Gallant tree, arguably overpowered for vampires right now).

That makes sense! I just looked at all the trees and went woah, what's going on? I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Earlier I suggested a feature

Actually, I have implemented it (in the attached files). It makes the whole branch learned if a character has an associated trait or advanced discipline. Feel free to use it as you see fit.
I wanted to get something productive done this evening but I have to try this.

I think someone is already working on a chinese translation (or as said as such in the discord). I don't have his name (Sparc might). Anyway though, you are welcome to translate the mod if you want to.

I think someone is already working on a chinese translation (or as said as such in the discord). I don't have his name (Sparc might). Anyway though, you are welcome to translate the mod if you want to.
Maybe it's me the guy you're talking about ( • ̀ω•́ )✧ , I'm actually translating your work.
And thank you very much !

hey if anyone could clarify for me since im not sure whats going on but is unifying Italy purposely broken or am i missing something? because its telling me i need level 9 prestige and as far as im aware theirs only 5 levels.

Do AI rulers ever replace buildings? Since AI has prestige but no gold, and titles change holders like shirts, everything I conquer seems to be filled with multiple inactive religious buildings and rabble.

Could the develop county steward task get a sanity check? The penalty from existing development can exceed the progress gained and therefore eat into other growth from duchy capital building or neighbour spread. As expected, the AI is too dumb to realize this.

Default traditions obligation prevents title revocation. Barons cannot have theirs changed. If you have domain limit to spare for a barony, one which has a useful special building, to gain it requires you to execute two characters when paused to inherit it. When unpaused, baron vassals seem to immediately acquire a childe heir when they inherit.

Vampires get no city or temple specific buildings, and can hold them directly without penalties anyway. Only castles come with fortifications and garrisons though. Might as well just replace everything with castles and only allow building those. Granted, maybe cities and temples will be useful for other types of playable characters implemented later.

Constantinople starts with two vanilla human buildings, which can even be upgraded.

Skirmishers and pikemen are comparatively insanely superior to other men at arms if you stack the buildings boosting them. Maybe weird snake thing can compete but my horse archers are much stronger than those demons. Snake thing is super expensive and requires levy support to siege garrisons though, unlike horse archers.

Blood legacy being off limits to vampires makes sense from mechanical point of view, though it would be very flavourful. However, while kin legacy has 3 completely useless perks, and 1 of marginal use, graceful aging is definitely worth 25000. Was the +1 random skill every 5 years considered too powerful anyway? I see most old vampires have very shit skills outside of prowess.

@head Known issue, fixed in the dev build

@r3

1/ We can only change the priority of building stuff for AI, not its willingness to replace buildings. There are new buildings and less priority for the rabble and thugs one in dev build.

2/ The develop county task has been disabled for everyone since the last update. Perhaps you haven't played since then.

3/ It's hard to change baronies behavior, since we need a safety check to make sure they are held by a modded character. There might be something to do with default contracts though, not really sure.

4/ Cities and temples are fully useable by vampires with even their unique building possible in those. Not optimal compared to castles indeed, but it's an option, and will be important for mages and wolves later on.

5/ Known issue

6/ Men at Arms have not been balanced in the mod at all. We are mainly only two guys making the mod script wise, and we don't have the time to play it (or vanilla ck3 for that matter) so we have no idea on how to balance them compared to boosted knights and such. So they are on hold until we get players' help for them.

7/ The two dynasty legacies disabled are as such because they have mostly garbage (for vampires) or thematically off bonus. We had a plan to rework the legacies from scratch, but an UI issue is stopping us right now. Hence the somewhat "unfinished" feel they have.

• 1Like
Reactions:
hey if anyone could clarify for me since im not sure whats going on but is unifying Italy purposely broken or am i missing something? because its telling me i need level 9 prestige and as far as im aware theirs only 5 levels.
Fixed in out development build. PDS changed the prestige levels from 10 to 5 in script_values.

Reactions: