• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thats strange. Ironically, I can't get the steam workshop mod to run on my PC, even though I uploaded the files for it. I can get the ParadoxPlaza version to run, but my checksum seems to vary from other people. Not sure why moving a .zip file around is so complicated for the ParadoxLauncher and the three glorified file storage platforms.

Interesting. Hopefully they get the mod system figured out. I can't install mods manually either as my documents folders is on a different drive then CK3 is installed on. All good for now as this mod works great and it's fun.

Is fourth generation the best attainable (or startable) in this mod? There was something in the change notes that it was possible to get third generation, but was removed. Is it a lore reason, definitely no unaccounted for third or second generation, or Caine himself, vampires around? Are they all dead? Or are some technically around but would be too powerful to permit to operate and are therefor dead in history?

If canonically all second or third generation vampires are gone, might it eventually be possible to play a custom one with a strong warning that it will make things very easy? Or difficult if everybody in the world who knows wants to diablerize you for that sweet, sweet power.

Is fourth generation the best attainable (or startable) in this mod? There was something in the change notes that it was possible to get third generation, but was removed. Is it a lore reason, definitely no unaccounted for third or second generation, or Caine himself, vampires around? Are they all dead? Or are some technically around but would be too powerful to permit to operate and are therefor dead in history?

If canonically all second or third generation vampires are gone, might it eventually be possible to play a custom one with a strong warning that it will make things very easy? Or difficult if everybody in the world who knows wants to diablerize you for that sweet, sweet power.
There is a House Giovanni objective where the ruler can diablerize a 3rd generation vampire. 3rd Generation is too powerful for play, none of them rule as princes, most of them spend most of their time in torpor. Diablerizing a third generation vampire should be an epic quest involving centuries and most probably resulting in the death of the character who attempts it. Even if they succeed, a high chance that diablerized antediluvian takes over the diablerist from the inside. The discipline powers that 3rd generation access have the game mechanic definition of "Plot Device" in Vampire the Masquerade. If we do add quests chains to diablerize more antediluvians, once the character does it, they'll get the trait, maybe a chance to embrace an heir, a modifier for their house/dynasty, and then abdication and torpor.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I feel something as big as devouring an antediluvians should mean founding a new dynasty? and maybe assigning a new trait to yourself and whoever you embrace before the end too?

Reactions:
I haven't played the mod for a while, waiting for further updates, but I am wondering, is the predator type that creates a blood cult around themselves still called "Cultist"? That always struck me as odd, because I thought this is properly called an Osiris? And isn't a cultist someone who worships rather than being worshipped?

I haven't played the mod for a while, waiting for further updates, but I am wondering, is the predator type that creates a blood cult around themselves still called "Cultist"? That always struck me as odd, because I thought this is properly called an Osiris? And isn't a cultist someone who worships rather than being worshipped?
The Children of Osiris are a bloodline active in 1230 AD, so we decided not o use the V5 term for that style of hunting. We could change Cultist to something like "Blood Cult", "Cult Leader", "Blood God", "Blood Priest" or some such. We were also trying to avoid terms that might be used by the religion/faith mechanics as well.

We changed other predator type names like sandman and bagger to something more appropriate for 1230AD, and also added a few more relating to class (replacing Scene Queen).

It will probably remain Cultist unless I decide I really like an alternative name more.

Prowess seems (hard?) capped at 100, which is a shame. Many characters in Persia start with prowess in 70s and there is plenty of room for improvement if you play long enough.

I don't think Prowess does anything anyway for PCs in default CK3, except in one tribal event? And I guess in Princes of Darkness it might factor in for diablerie-related vampire combat...

I'd really love options to duel other characters and assassinate personally in CK3 so that stuff actually has a purpose.

Reactions:
I don't think Prowess does anything anyway for PCs in default CK3, except in one tribal event? And I guess in Princes of Darkness it might factor in for diablerie-related vampire combat...

I'd really love options to duel other characters and assassinate personally in CK3 so that stuff actually has a purpose.
Every diablerie scheme has a prowess duel at the end. Can kill a player character easily. There are several other prowess duels in basic games. We also have a prowess duel in a couple events pertaining to mortals, the Masquerade and hunters. Roll1D2's Alexander campaign ended when a mortal woman killed him in a prowess duel because he had wounds h had not healed and it lowered his prowess. She had a 7% chance and pulled it off.

There are some dynastic options (Zmei) that I can't select no matter who I play as. I managed to reach a blood potency of 10 with multiple characters, having diablerized a dozen ancients. I maxed out all non-clan-specific disciplines and managed to get a maxed out dynasty with all possible upgrades other than the three at the top. Are they event specific or a work-in-progress?

They are mid game objectives related, as rewards unlocked by finishing a specific one. Zmei : Baba Yaga's objective. Ventrue rulership : Ventrue objective. Demons : Via Diabolis objective.

• 1Like
Reactions:
People report no issues for multiplayer, except when they try to cross play (PDX plaza and Steam). Some have fixed it by manually download the mod to install it properly.

To embrace someone you need them to have the Mortal trait (an annual maintenance event gives them to spawned characters without traits) and be in the same location at the victim (so, if they are in your court, you need to not be feasting, leading an army, or otherwise be busy)

Hello, I can't seem to use my steward to increase development while running this mod, thought it might be a conflict with running other mods but I tried disabling prince of darkness (increase development then worked) and disabling all other mods (could still not increase development), any ideas as to how to solve this?

This action is disabled in PoD. Vampires aren't supposed to increase dev. They are parasites hunting and killing people, not philanthropic business owners helping their communities. If you really want to increase dev, the vanilla Stewardship lifestyle is still available and the "Prince of X" duchy capital building also helps.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It'd be cool to have development as like, how developed your criminal enterprises, fronts and sources of income in the province are, not how developed the province is. Then you could have buildings as specific criminal enterprises, pirates, maybe in cities specific guilds, like CK3 has all guilds as one building, but maybe you the vampire are using the weavers in one town as a source of income and blood or something? Idk, The building system could be alot more fun if there was stuff to do
and if the focus is small scale, individual shops, taverns, rackets and scams in the province, not huge things covering all business in a whole province
then its got all the choices and management, but on a scale of a vampire not a lord?

I know in modern VtM Vampires own nightclubs and art galleries, mob bosses and corner shops, so it checks that middle ages vamps would own bars and craftsmen workshops and have thugs/bandits as sources of income and victims for their court?
like the influences could still be there for high level stuff, but specific stuff could be fun for the smaller scale, maybe one influence? and the rest individual rackets? or the opposite, all influences but you can have one specific thing per holding?

It's thematically sound, but not really gameplay appropriate. We intend to have other splats in the future, and those would use normal dev well enough (werewolves need -x dev to do things, order mages wanting to increase it etc) so we can't change the meaning of dev accross the board.

Even for vampires, it's not ideal, as dev mostly serve to increase levies and taxes size. Levies are something we want to reduce as much as we can (but we must work within the AI's limitations) so we don't want another easy way to increase them. Finally, dev as it is serves a very useful purpose, it makes some provinces way more valuable than others. The Prince of Paris (one county, high dev, so can build the best "Prince of X" building) is more powerful than the Prince of whole Siberia.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Will there be any more flavor events for Vampire Princes down the line. I like the standard masquerade events but a lot of times it just feels like I'm playing a human noble and not a vampire one.