• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wogudwkd12

Colonel
83 Badges
Oct 24, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • 500k Club
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • War of the Roses
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Age of Wonders III

This mod assigns population(in units of 1k) to every provinces in the map. Has no in-game function atm, but you can still look at pop values by clicking the province and looking at its value, located on top of tax ledger. Future plan includes agricultural suitability variable, pasture suitability variable, building based production system that utilizes provincial variables, and caravan based trading system for produced goods.

20200908090838_1.jpg

20200908090547_1.jpg

20200908090950_1.jpg

• 23Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
20200909234353_1.jpg

Second step. It's difficult to see due to my crude gui, but from top to down it is pops, farmland, pasture, and forest. I added lands that will serve as one of two core limiting factor, along with pops, for building construction.

• 3Like
Reactions:
For people who are interested, this is what I'm planning.

Production:
1. There are pops in each provinces.
2. There are buildings in each provinces.
3. Each existing buildings takes up pop usage, sum of which cannot exceed province's actual pop number.
4. Buildings produce and consume goods.
5. Pops consume goods.
6. Both production and consumption of goods get summed up at the lord character, who stores what is produced and pays for what is consumed.

Trade:
1. Lords can own caravans, whose total number cannot exceed its max caravan size.
2. Lords can command caravans to either buy or sell(never both) one type of good(never more).
3. When commanded, caravans move around the map, starting from owner capital, visiting each lords in its path to make a trade offer.
4. When the caravan has completed lord's command, it immediately takes the shortest route back to owner capital.

• 17Like
Reactions:

Production:
3. Each existing buildings takes up pop usage, sum of which cannot exceed province's actual pop number.
5. Pops consume goods.
6. Both production and consumption of goods get summed up at the lord character, who stores what is produced and pays for what is consumed.

Trade:
1. Lords can own caravans, whose total number cannot exceed its max caravan size.
2. Lords can command caravans to either buy or sell(never both) one type of good(never more).
3. When commanded, caravans move around the map, starting from owner capital, visiting each lords in its path to make a trade offer.
4. When the caravan has completed lord's command, it immediately takes the shortest route back to owner capital.
M&T comes to CK3? =)

• 1Love
Reactions:

Production:
5. Pops consume goods.

Trade:
This looks really cool and would go a long way in fleshing out the economic side of the game. Love it

View attachment 622667

Second step. It's difficult to see due to my crude gui, but from top to down it is pops, farmland, pasture, and forest. I added lands that will serve as one of two core limiting factor, along with pops, for building construction.

Are these three land types the only ones, or will there be others like deserts, mountains, wetlands, etc?

Status update. Been away from modding for a while, but is now back in action. I've recently been researching a way to use characters to represent something like a production facility or a special kind of population group, and I've made some good progress in that department.

20200930134945_1.jpg

So far, I'm at a stage where I can add 40000 new characters(look at that guy's court size) without the game slowing down.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Status update. Been away from modding for a while, but is now back in action. I've recently been researching a way to use characters to represent something like a production facility or a special kind of population group, and I've made some good progress in that department.

View attachment 634837

So far, I'm at a stage where I can add 40000 new characters(look at that guy's court size) without the game slowing down.
Could be very useful for implementing bureaucratic government. Good work and keep'em coming!

Status update. Been working on implementing core pop, production, and trade features. In the process, many old ideas were discarded while new ideas were added in, so the model is quite different now. However, I just finished adding in the core trade algorithm, so the progress is going smoothly. For those interested, all the stuffs are in my repo.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Alright, I finished implementing the core systems. Still have some way to go before initial prototype, but for those who are interested this is how the new model works.

The goal is to create a M&T-like economy experience for ck3. It can be divided into two parts, the production and the trade, where production handles the production of goods while trade handles its distribution. Let's start from production.

To explain production, I must first get into how the lowest layer of this model is composed of. At the bottom, there are holdings, which are part of counties. Holdings have an owner, a pop, a land, and a set of industries. Pop represents people in servitude to the owner, while land represents land assets owned by the owner. Owner must pay for all the land and pop cost, but gets to own all the income generated.

Above that, at the county level, there are also pops and lands, but they are not tied to any owner. They are free, own their own assets, and have their own pool of wealth which they use to consume goods.

Pops and lands are utilized by industries located in the same holding/county which represent a set of activities that together produce goods. Industries are distributed with pop and land based on their expected profit, and they combine received pop and land to calculate their size, which determines their throughput.

Goods produced by industries are sent to the county level stockpile, while keeping track of which holding/free pop contributed what share of which good into the county stockpile. When goods in the county stockpile get sold, its income is distributed to holding/free pop based on ownership share.

Trade is done by special entities that I call merchants. Merchants represent a set of commercially minded people/organizations that has a home location and a resource called trade power. At each economy tick, merchants use travel time script to calculate which counties are within its reach and how far the distance is. When a merchant conducts a trade with any county(or any other merchants whose home is within reach), trade power is deducted with an amount equal to trade volume * travel distance. As this trade power resource is limited, merchants will not take every deal possible but instead focus more on profitable deals, until they gain more than enough trade power.

Summary of the whole structure is as follows. There are pops who work in industry to generate goods. Pops demand and consume goods themselves, and the county will sum up all the surplus and put them up for sale. Nearby merchants will pick up the deal if it's profitable enough and if it has enough trade power to do trade, which will move the good from the county to the merchant in return for monetary payment, which gets distributed back to the holding owners and free pops. Merchants can then sell this good to other counties and/or other merchants for higher price, keeping the price difference in its pocket, which it will spend to expand its trade reach by building outposts and increasing its trade power.

• 8Like
  • 5Love
Reactions: