• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

don Zappo

General
17 Badges
May 14, 2018
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka
  • Magicka 2
Pilot Fatigue:

Based upon all the feedback, I have updated Pilot Fatigue! Now it is 100% more awesome. :)

Now after every mission your pilots that participated are now fatigued. They are out for the following time (default values used):

• Time Out = 7 - Guts/2 - Morale threshold

• Morale threshold: +-1 for +-5 morale from Starting Morale Value, +-2 for +-15 from start

• 1 point piloting, tactics, and gunnery lost for every 2 days of fatigue, rounded up.

• Chance to resist a light injury = guts * 10%
Once Fatigued, this pilot can still be used during this period. However, if they are used they will have the possibility of suffering on "Light Injury." This converts their Fatigue time directly to injury time. They have a chance to resist this based upon their Guts Value (10% x Guts Value).

Values that can be changed in the settings.json:
"FatigueTimeStart" : 7, (How many days to start the fatigue calculation at)
"StartingMorale" : 25, (enter starting morale here for MoraleTier determinations)
"FatigueMinimum" : 0, (minimum days that a pilot will be fatigued for after a mission)
"MoralePositiveTierOne" : 5, (Positive difference from StartingMorale to reduce fatigue by 1 day)
"MoralePostiveTierTwo" : 15, (Positive difference from StartingMorale to reduce fatigue by 2 day)
"MoraleNegativeTierOne" : -5, (Negative difference from StartingMorale to increase fatigue by 1 day)
"MoraleNegativeTierTwo" : -15, (Negative difference from StartingMorale to increase fatigue by 2 day)
"FatigueFactor" : 2, (For skill degradation with fatigue, how many days is used in the calculation)
"InjuriesHurt" : true, (makes your skills degrade one point per pilot injury)

Last edited:
Minor Update:

- Added Minimum Fatigue value so that your pilots must face at least a minimum time out. Is modifiable in settings.

- Lowered starting days fatigued from 15 to 12 days.

Heh. I am hopeless. I'm looking to modify this for an update tonight. The feedback now that it is live has been valuable. I do actually have to work today, though. So what I am looking at for changes based upon feedback (particularly with early game) and my improved understanding of the code:

1) You can drop in the base mission just fine. (duh) This makes you "fatigued."

2) Your next drop you will have degraded skills. This will be a blatant rip-off of the mod that makes injuries degrade your piloting, gunnery, and tactics.

3) If you do drop with degraded skills, there is a percent chance your pilot will suffer a "light wound." This will simply convert their remaining off time to wounded time (which was originally a bug, but could be a "feature!"). If they don't suffer a light wound, then they will gain additional fatigue time.

4) Because of this, the fatigue time would be significantly lowered. This is a point of debate that I still haven't settled upon. I need to think about what time is "too much" and "too little" and what factors should be used to reduce this fatigue time.

5) I'm thinking that the time out could be set to 7 days - guts/2 - (morale modifier). Then, the chance to avoid a "light wound" could be impacted by the guts value.

Numbers I just sketched out:

• Morale threshold: +-1 for +-5 morale from start, +-2 for +-15 from start
  • 1 point piloting, tactics, and gunnery lost for every 2 days of fatigue, rounded up.
One cool thing from this is that if you have a guts 10 pilot they will still gain minor fatigue unless your morale is quite high, and they can just keep dropping perpetually like the bad ass they are!

The discussion about this on 3dahs' Twitch last night was a lot of fun -- sorry it takes so long to answer via the chat box (and I get the impression that there's another ~5 second delay after I hit enter before you can see it).

As I noted during the Twitch, I'd consider making that first set of training sim pods available more easily -- because there's going to be a lot more rotation of pilots, and advancement is going to slow down to a crawl.

Last edited:
Version 2.0 Released!

Based upon all the feedback, I have updated Pilot Fatigue! Now it is 100% more awesome. :)

https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/268?tab=description

Now after every mission your pilots that participated are now fatigued. They are out for the following time (default values used):

• Morale threshold: +-1 for +-5 morale from Starting Morale Value, +-2 for +-15 from start

Once Fatigued, this pilot can still be used during this period. However, if they are used they will have the possibility of suffering on "Light Injury." This converts their Fatigue time directly to injury time. They have a chance to resist this based upon their Guts Value (10% x Guts Value).

Values that can be changed in the settings.json:
"FatigueTimeStart" : 7, (How many days to start the fatigue calculation at)
"StartingMorale" : 25, (enter starting morale here for MoraleTier determinations)
"FatigueMinimum" : 0, (minimum days that a pilot will be fatigued for after a mission)
"MoralePositiveTierOne" : 5, (Positive difference from StartingMorale to reduce fatigue by 1 day)
"MoralePostiveTierTwo" : 15, (Positive difference from StartingMorale to reduce fatigue by 2 day)
"MoraleNegativeTierOne" : -5, (Negative difference from StartingMorale to increase fatigue by 1 day)
"MoraleNegativeTierTwo" : -15, (Negative difference from StartingMorale to increase fatigue by 2 day)
"FatigueFactor" : 2, (For skill degradation with fatigue, how many days is used in the calculation)
"InjuriesHurt" : true, (makes your skills degrade one point per pilot injury)

I found the source of your clock icon. (The one you were surprised was already in the game.)

The event involving pilot(s) sick with Pox -- while they're in MedBay recovering, they get a clock icon instead of an injury icon.

Ah, ha! Well,Nim damned fortunate then thanks for solving this mystery. :)